• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The waiting room for those who haven’t seen Avengers Infinity War but still want to discuss it thread
1 1

44 posts in this topic

35 minutes ago, adampasz said:

Seeing it tomorrow for the first time in IMAX... Somehow I've managed to avoid spoilers.

I have not seen Spider-Man Homecoming or Thor Ragnarok yet. I think I only have time to watch one before Avengers IW. Which one should I choose?

thor leads directly into the opening of A:IW

I have heard that Thor 3 ending is essential to Infinity War, so thank goodness I have see that. Plus that was a fun watch. 

I have not seen Black Panther though...does anyone know if I should make time to see that before I go see Infinity War???

(Hopefully I will see it this week, so these are my remaining days in this thread (:)

I haven't seen it and not sure that I will but why does Thanos look like not unlike a bald retired WWE wrestler?

Am I the only one who thinks he looks too human? (despite the chin)

Note - This would not keep me from seeing the movie. I'm just musing.

1 hour ago, Jerkfro said:

I haven't seen it and not sure that I will but why does Thanos look like not unlike a bald retired WWE wrestler?

Am I the only one who thinks he looks too human? (despite the chin)

Note - This would not keep me from seeing the movie. I'm just musing.

He looks a little like Jonah Hex

2 hours ago, DjMartini said:

I have heard that Thor 3 ending is essential to Infinity War, so thank goodness I have see that. Plus that was a fun watch. 

I have not seen Black Panther though...does anyone know if I should make time to see that before I go see Infinity War???

(Hopefully I will see it this week, so these are my remaining days in this thread (:)

I haven't seen IW, but I have seen Black Panther. It is a good movie, but I doubt it is essential. If you have seen Captain America Civil War, I imagine you will be fine.

Regarding Thor Ragnarok, I think my major criticism is that they didn't consistently define the characters' strengths and limitations. At some points they seem invincible. At other points they are easily taken down.

15 minutes ago, adampasz said:

I haven't seen IW, but I have seen Black Panther. It is a good movie, but I doubt it is essential. If you have seen Captain America Civil War, I imagine you will be fine.

Regarding Thor Ragnarok, I think my major criticism is that they didn't consistently define the characters' strengths and limitations. At some points they seem invincible. At other points they are easily taken down.

OK, cool. Thanks! 

I'll have to have to watch Black Panther afterwards.

As for Thor 3, I agree. At some points Thor is super powerful fighting Hulk and at some times getting his arse kicked. I think this a ongoing problem with most super heroes that are really powerful (i.e.Superman, Thor, Hulk). 

seeing it on Friday - avoiding all spoilers has been difficult .... but so far so good.

I am really hoping for some consequences in this movie - no Marvel movie has really had any consequences for the heroes - I was hoping that Avengers:Ultron would have had consequences, but it didn't really as they killed of QS in such a silly way ...... i.e., I wanted to see Ultron do it as a show of his strength and power and it was not that.  Hopefully, Thanos does some big damage to the Marvel cinematic universe ......

21 hours ago, adampasz said:

Seeing it tomorrow for the first time in IMAX... Somehow I've managed to avoid spoilers.

I have not seen Spider-Man Homecoming or Thor Ragnarok yet. I think I only have time to watch one before Avengers IW. Which one should I choose?

Definitely see Thor Ragnarok first.