• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need advice on a sale that is going sideways
7 7

573 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Jordysnordy said:

Lots of requests for scans of the books. These are the scans that I originally sent to him.

ASM 100 RF.jpg

ASM 100 RB.jpg

Your grade and price on the #100? I only ask cause I have one in nicer condition and I want to be rich!

3 hours ago, chrisco37 said:

Yes, he did respond to me.  Your deal was better than what I offered up, so our conversation didn’t go much further than he was passing on my books.

lol I’m wishing my deal hadn’t been so good.

36 minutes ago, Jordysnordy said:

lol I’m wishing my deal hadn’t been so good.

Yeah, thanks.  I guess.

Next time you want to do something like that, hit me up first. 

Jeff, I just want to say that I am truly sorry this whole thing happened to such a class act.  It always seems to be the people who deserve it least who get screwed.

We've all made deals we've lost money on.  I can't believe this guy didn't take responsibility for the deal he made.  Never would have even crossed my mind to return the books if my "friend" backed out.

Asking for the extra 100 bucks off is just too strange.  I highly doubt that is the exact amount he could afford.  What he has no access to credit of any kind? He can't turn around and sell the books and pay off the 675 on the credit card before interest is even accrued?  I just don't believe it.

Anyway, I think you were more than generous in your dealings with Jaymole.  

All the best Jeff.

Still can't believe this is over a few hundred bucks.  It got worse when the "my wife got mad" excuse came in and then further down the tubes with the $100 discount ask.  Jordy, you're a class act in my book. 

20 minutes ago, wombat said:

I keep hoping mole boy decides to make an appearance and tries to defend himself.   :wishluck:

An appearance to apologize and say he didnt realize or did realize he was being lame or something.  Not showing up adds to his infamy.

9 hours ago, kav said:

An appearance to apologize and say he didnt realize or did realize he was being lame or something.  Not showing up adds to his infamy.

I would think him owning up to the situation and apologizing (for ALL of his sketchy actions, not just “oh sorry I backed out of the deal”) would be the only way to go.  It would be pretty much impossible for him to convince us that he didn’t realize epically stiffing a seller would be frowned upon.

32 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

I would think him owning up to the situation and apologizing (for ALL of his sketchy actions, not just “oh sorry I backed out of the deal”) would be the only way to go.  It would be pretty much impossible for him to convince us that he didn’t realize non-ethically stiffing a seller would be frowned upon.

Fixed.:banana:

On 5/7/2018 at 10:24 PM, jsilverjanet said:

I'd never broker a deal. I'd introduce the two and then get out of the way.

Didn't we do that with the JLA #1?

I think how this was done was fine. The outcome was just not ideal and showed the true colors for a lot of people involved.

5 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

agreed.

i'm not a mind reader, but i'm guessing that a large part of the reason moleman was so willing to on his own rep was that he has no real intention of coming back here

11 minutes ago, Sal said:

i'm not a mind reader, but i'm guessing that a large part of the reason moleman was so willing to on his own rep was that he has no real intention of coming back here

He never struck me as a “regular”. I recognized his avatar, but I don’t recall him posting all that much even when he was active.

21 minutes ago, Sal said:

Except if returning under a different persona. 

9 minutes ago, Jordysnordy said:

All of the books have been sold to 1 boardie and I thank him :foryou: (he did reach out earlier and was the 1st of a few who inquired and yes there is a waiting list just in case but I'm sure we will have no problems)

And yes we did discuss a return policy lol

So there will be no sales thread by Randall but 50% of the sale amount will still go to Brittany to aid in her recovery/rehab as I had stated earlier.

:cry:  :sorry:

But at least they sold and the money is going to a good cause.

I just think I should have been selected as the bestest of the bestest offers, and I didn't  ask for or need no stinkin' return policy.:sumo: