• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AF15 Help
1 1

17 posts in this topic

Howdy-

I was wondering if I could get an opinion if the torn corner automatically limits this to a certain grade - and if so, what is it. Otherwise the book is complete, great color, spine is ragged and theres some color breaks up top. Hasn't been pressed or cleaned.

Love to hear what you guys think ...

AF15.jpg

Edited by Ozonetv

3 hours ago, Finhead said:

Pretty hard to give a grade when it's in the bag. But with that spine split, corner tear rt cover tear and heavy staining on the back. 1.8 - 2.0

Thats actually not a stain- its a reflection...but thanks for the feedback - much appreciated.

Heres a different view- theres a slit on the spine split on the bottom and top... 

Untitled-1.jpg

Edited by Ozonetv

11 minutes ago, Ozonetv said:

Thats actually not a stain- its a reflection...but thanks for the feedback - much appreciated.

Heres a different view- theres a slit on the spine split on the bottom and top... 

Still at a 2.0 with the spine split, corner missing, the rip on the rt side, spine stress and overall wear and tear. I'm guessing that is not a CGC case since your cutting the top off?

18 minutes ago, Finhead said:

Still at a 2.0 with the spine split, corner missing, the rip on the rt side, spine stress and overall wear and tear. I'm guessing that is not a CGC case since your cutting the top off?

its an old one- but I dont want to show it since I don't want it to influence you. :-)

Edited by Ozonetv

I actually wish for books like this there was something short of restoration that could be done - a non-permanent patch or something that would make it more esthetically pleasing (noted on the label or in the notes), but wouldn't effect the grade or the label color. 

59 minutes ago, Ozonetv said:

Untitled-1.jpg

Its a 3.0 all day and night:golfclap:

3 hours ago, Ozonetv said:

its an old one- but I dont want to show it since I don't want it to influence you. :-)

So you are gauging our opinions in search of an upgrade ? I don't think a book with a large piece missing is a good candidate for an upgrade. As I stated before, a press/clean won't help the grade. Since the perceived 'stain' turned out to be a shadow cast, I'll up my grade to 3.0 .  

58 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

So you are gauging our opinions in search of an upgrade ? I don't think a book with a large piece missing is a good candidate for an upgrade. As I stated before, a press/clean won't help the grade. Since the perceived 'stain' turned out to be a shadow cast, I'll up my grade to 3.0 .  

+1   2.5 or 3.0. With a slight lean towards the 3.0.