• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nearly a 20 year pursuit comes to an end - The Nedor Heroes Are Complete
4 4

246 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, telerites said:

That's it for America's Best.  It was the first series I completed.  Thanks again for the nice comments and reaction and PMs.  Such a great group of people here.  No wonder I rarely stray out of the GA forum.

If I can, I will start posting the Black Terrors later tonight.

Your wonderful collection cgc graded deserves many likes‼️‼️?‼️❤️❤️?

6 minutes ago, FoggyNelson said:

Your wonderful collection cgc graded deserves many likes‼️‼️?‼️❤️❤️?

Thank you.

4 minutes ago, FoggyNelson said:

I have never heard of Nedors before but they sure are sweet ‼️‼️‼️

Well actually the parent publisher is Pines Publishing (Ned Pines) with a comics imprint of Standard Comics and they published under Standard, Nedor, and Better.  That is why some of these books have different publisher imprints on CGC label.  I have always called them collectively Nedor - just because I like that word lol 

At least the above is the way I understand it.

Black Terror up next up.  There was an auction some years ago - not one of the big ones and I can't even remember how I discovered it.  But I do remember bidding via a phone agent and I was having dinner with then-wife and child at a mexican restaurant placing bids.  I know that is how I won the #1 and could have been a few others from other titles.  There were lots of Nedor titles in the auction.  Come to think of it, bidding on comics while having dinner with my family could be why I am divorced now hm  

5ae7aaae0d5ac_BlackTerror1.thumb.jpg.28f02b229e01f9db8a2d1bf2929a71b4.jpg

#2 has a really great, different cover - you get GGA bondage, a tiger, action with a thug in a suit and mad-turban wearing, sword wielding baddies

and #3 once again proves that having a sidekick means the hero spends at least their time saving the little imp - ask Bats, Human Torch, Cap, etc.  

5ae7aaeab1caf_BlackTerror2.thumb.jpg.df7ee55a5da9493263d68962cf4a0c13.jpg5ae7aaf26bc08_BlackTerror3.thumb.jpg.1f8350cdd758b89378569225ef1756a5.jpg