• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nearly a 20 year pursuit comes to an end - The Nedor Heroes Are Complete
4 4

246 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, telerites said:
16 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

A Seasoned Veteran!!! :tink:

I'll buy you a brewskie if I can crash the OAFCON boardie dinner - I might make it to a salty vet by then.

Done deal!

On 4/29/2018 at 8:40 PM, telerites said:

I hope this thread doesn't come across as being egotist.  Earlier this year, I finished a nearly 20 year collecting goal.  I set about to complete all the titles of America's Best Comics, Black Terror. Exciting Comics, Fighting Yank, Startling Comics, Thrilling Comics, and Wonder Comics.  After the long pursuit, I found the last book I needed (actually I found two coverless copies and a complete albeit restored copy but it was enough for me to finish).  All books are CGCed.   Not an overly high grade collection but some are nice, some lower grade, many mid-graders, some PLODS and even some peds scattered about as well. 

Hidden minor agenda with this thread - I have been on the boards for over 10 years and am not an overly abundant poster but gosh darned it, I would like to move up from Total Newbie to Seasoned Veteran :cry:

So going to start with America's Best Comics and post as I am able to.  If anyone thinks this is a socially crappy faux pas, let me know and I cut it off.  If not, thanks for allowing me to share some of my collection. :foryou:

Tremendous accomplishment! Bravo!!

13 hours ago, telerites said:

Last set for tonight and sorry again about the crappy android phone pics.  Scanning would have taken too long and I my digital camera is fritzed out so need to buy another one.  

11-14

14 is a Crippen

5ae7b8a3597ac_BlackTerror12.thumb.jpg.ed83f0309944c00f63099e61659746aa.jpg

I love BT 12.  Makes you wonder where the cameraman was who filmed this scene.  The reaction of the little blonde girl is priceless. 

2 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

I love BT 12.  Makes you wonder where the cameraman was who filmed this scene.  The reaction of the little blonde girl is priceless.

I have like the Giant Television.  And yes, the different reactions of the kids.  When you think about it, showing children enjoying others being killed even in wartime and in such a bloody massacre.  And why the sternness of the knob-turner?  Given the time period, I assume it may be a live broadcast?  It is amazing to me on a Schomburg cover, how many things may be going on and also how it makes one think of the back-end of what's going.