• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Startling Comics #18 CGC 5.5 (1942) ~ Origin Pyroman, and 1st in Title
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Startling Comics #18, the issue where Pyroman starts his run in this title and his origin appears! Iconic cover and tough to find (11 graded copies).

Gorgeous eye appeal – Supple cover colors, flat and with original sheen and tight binding. The main flaws being at the corners. I've owned this book for a long time. It has never been pressed (and doesn't need to be!) and has no restoration. VG++ OW/W.

Very tricky book to price as they are rarely available on the open market. Last 4.5 sold over three years ago.  DTA has a shredded/mangled Poor copy currently for sale for $287 (https://www.hipcomic.com/listing/startling-comics-18-nedor-comic-book-first-appearance-of-pyroman-golden-age/3093723). A 4.5 CGC #19 (non-key issue) sold for $1009 a year ago.

$1000 shipped anywhere in continental USA or Canada, but willing to ship anywhere (please contact me for rates).

First :takeit: in the thread wins, and then has 24 hours to close the deal. If not, they next :takeit:gets it etc. PM offers and questions are welcome as well. Payment via Paypal. If there's an issue contact me within 5 days of receipt and we'll sort something out. Thanks for looking!!

Edited by Frank.Einstein
update

21 minutes ago, Frank.Einstein said:

Startling Comics #18, the issue where Pyroman starts his run in this title and his origin appears! Iconic cover and tough to find (11 graded copies).

Gorgeous eye appeal – Supple cover colors, flat and with original sheen and tight binding. The main flaws being at the corners. I've owned this book for a long time. It has never been pressed (and doesn't need to be!) and has no restoration. VG++ OW/W.

Very tricky book to price as they are rarely available on the open market. Last 4.5 sold over three years ago.  DTA has a shredded/mangled Poor copy currently for sale for $287 (https://www.hipcomic.com/listing/startling-comics-18-nedor-comic-book-first-appearance-of-pyroman-golden-age/3093723). A 4.5 CGC #19 (non-key issue) sold for $1009 a year ago.

$1000 shipped anywhere in continental USA or Canada, but willing to ship anywhere (please contact me for rates).

First :takeit: in the thread wins, and then has 24 hours to close the deal. If not, they next :takeit:gets it etc. PM offers and questions are welcome as well. Payment via Paypal. If there's an issue contact me within 5 days of receipt and we'll sort something out. Thanks for looking!!

IMG_2601.jpg

IMG_2602.jpg

:takeit: