• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need someone to clean a comic cover!

15 posts in this topic

I would like to get this comic cover cleaned to brighten it up for obvious reasons, (that white background is no longer white!)    Can someone refer me to a boardie that will clean 1/2 a cover for me (there is no back cover) for a reasonable price and a fairy good turnaround time?

Thanks!

X-Men 1b.jpg

1 hour ago, shadroch said:

Wonder bread it over a few weeks and you'll get decent results.

:facepalm:   I know there are several restoration pros on the boards.  Looking for some recommendations, simple question guys! (tsk)

25 minutes ago, TC33 said:

:facepalm:   I know there are several restoration pros on the boards.  Looking for some recommendations, simple question guys! (tsk)

Why not try that first? I've had amazing results on white covers. 

Edited by shadroch

That is for dry cleaning dirt and other similar rub marks.  Something you can do much better with a quality soft eraser.  This is a whole different kind of cleaning that involves a chemical bath to make tanned whites look truly white again.  That is something bread will never do!  If wonder bread could truly make tan paper white again, they would have to call it MAGIC bread!  :)  lol

Edited by TC33

6 minutes ago, TC33 said:

That is for dry cleaning dirt and other similar rub marks.  Something you can do much better with a quality soft eraser.  This is a whole different kind of cleaning that involves a chemical bath to make tanned whites look truly white again.  That is something bread will never do!  If wonder bread could truly make tan paper white again, they would have to call it MAGIC bread!  :)  lol

:news:   Joey, Joey, he's your man. If Joey Post can't clean it, no one can!  And you can quote me on that!   ^^

Edited by James J Johnson

8 minutes ago, TC33 said:

That would get a resto grade yes? Due to the chemical cleaning?

16 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

:news:   Joey, Joey, he's your man. If Joey Post can't clean it, no one can!  And you can quote me on that!   ^^

If this is true, I am disappointed to hear Joey will use chemicals.

5 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Chemicals = purple. Wonderbread, and other mild abrasives (in effect, dirt loosening) - blue label.

LMAO yeah get the eraser etc just curious on the chem clean, I was 99.9% sure it would be resto label

1 hour ago, James J Johnson said:

I appreciate the plug, but this is not within my area of expertise.  

Yes, cleaning gets purple label, or perhaps semi purple/blue conserved label if nothing else but support is done.  :)      Cover is not brittle, a cleaning will do wonders for it and help preserve it for much longer to boot!  The turnaround times and costs at the big 2 (Matt and Susan), make that prohibitive, so that is why I was looking for another option here on the boards.  Feel free to PM me if anyone has the talent or contacts to help out.  Thanks!