• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sick To My Stomach

81 posts in this topic

Just now, Ryan. said:

What are you saying? CGC intentionally caused damage?

Yes. The evidence clearly suggests that. The altercation during the encapsulation process, the flawless packages, and it being overseen by the Director. If there is another explanation as to how my magazines, in two separate invoices, shipped two different days, in four different perfect boxes, can be subjected to such damage, I'd like to hear it.

13 hours ago, PBruce said:

People like you completely ignored my stuff being damaged and are hyper focused on me dropping F-bombs at the horrific customer service. You are more in tune with launching a character assassination for some reason. I know what you think about my f-bombs. What do you think about the damaged property and the product pictured above?

I ALREADY EXPLAINED IT TO YOU IN YOUR OTHER THREAD.

2 minutes ago, PBruce said:
5 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

What are you saying? CGC intentionally caused damage?

Yes. The evidence clearly suggests that. The altercation during the encapsulation process, the flawless packages, and it being overseen by the Director. If there is another explanation as to how my magazines, in two separate invoices, shipped two different days, in four different perfect boxes, can be subjected to such damage, I'd like to hear it.

Interesting. Please keep us updated on your civil suit. :tink:

Just now, newshane said:

I ALREADY EXPLAINED IT TO YOU IN YOUR OTHER THREAD.

It accounts for accidental damage. Different ball game here Shane. I have too much evidence suggesting foul play and have yet to receive an explanation from CGC.

Regardless of how the poster talked to cgc on the phone, I wouldn’t recommend or submit large magazines to them after seeing this.  I’m sorry for his losses, and I hope he gets compensated.

Hearing some F bombs isn’t a big deal to experienced customer service reps they know how to deal with it.

2 minutes ago, Knightsofold said:

Regardless of how the poster talked to cgc on the phone, I wouldn’t recommend or submit large magazines to them after seeing this.  I’m sorry for his losses, and I hope he gets compensated.

Hearing some F bombs isn’t a big deal to experienced customer service reps they know how to deal with it.

So perhaps the explanation for the damage is the carppy magazine cases and not intentional misconduct. hm

3 minutes ago, Knightsofold said:

I’m sorry for his losses, and I hope he gets compensated.

I agree. 

4 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

So perhaps the explanation for the damage is the carppy magazine cases and not intentional misconduct. hm

I thought about that. If that is the case why aren't others member submitting Playboys or heavy magazines experiencing the same problem? And why did the damage happen to two separate orders of mine?

1 minute ago, Ryan. said:

That's very likely. 

I don't think the CGC is in the business of intentionally ruining books. That would be an unwise and very expensive policy. 

For the rest of the board, we can learn a few things from this:

1. Read the service user agreement. 

2. Make sure that you accurately state the value of your books when you send them in. As the policy states, you will only be covered UP TO the amount you declare. Lots of times, people will low-ball the declaration in order to save money on insurance/shipping costs. Bad idea if something goes south.  

Bruce, I doubt they did it on purpose. I just think the super-huge magazine slabs are garbage by design. I don't collect mags. Thankfully, I've had absolutely no issues with their comic cases over the years. 

Also, I've noticed that CGC (like Amazon!) has been going cheap on the packing lately. They used to sandwich the cases between cardboard. Now they just use a layer or two of bubble-wrap and call it a day. 

Bruce, I also suggest giving them some time to deal with the problem before going nuclear. From my experience, the CGC works pretty hard to resolve problems. 

Good luck. 

PS - starting multiple threads on the same topic is greatly frowned upon in these parts. 

1 minute ago, PBruce said:

If that is the case why aren't others member submitting Playboys or heavy magazines experiencing the same problem? 

How can you be sure they are not? 

Besides, we mentioned a boardie here who did, indeed, have issues with the magazine holders. 

11 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

Or how about the bottom of the boxes as shown in the pictures clearly shows they were dropped somewhere - that's why the bottoms are caved in?

DSC06651.JPG

Edited by lizards2

1 minute ago, lizards2 said:

Or how about the bottom of the boxes as shown in the pictures clearly shows it was dropped somewhere - that's why the bottoms are caved in?

DSC06651.JPG

Those are about the most fantastic condition you could ever dream of for shipping boxes. These two boxes were inspected by USPS at the time of delivery as I notified them that the contents I received the previous day were damaged. There is not evidence of any caving in and anyone who does mail order will agree that these boxes are in outstanding condition. USPS did a fantastic job handling the packages. Blame solely goes to CGC.

8 minutes ago, newshane said:

That's very likely. 

I don't think the CGC is in the business of intentionally ruining books. That would be an unwise and very expensive policy. 

For the rest of the board, we can learn a few things from this:

1. Read the service user agreement. 

2. Make sure that you accurately state the value of your books when you send them in. As the policy states, you will only be covered UP TO the amount you declare. Lots of times, people will low-ball the declaration in order to save money on insurance/shipping costs. Bad idea if something goes south.  

Bruce, I doubt they did it on purpose. I just think the super-huge magazine slabs are garbage by design. I don't collect mags. Thankfully, I've had absolutely no issues with their comic cases over the years. 

Also, I've noticed that CGC (like Amazon!) has been going cheap on the packing lately. They used to sandwich the cases between cardboard. Now they just use a layer or two of bubble-wrap and call it a day. 

Bruce, I also suggest giving them some time to deal with the problem before going nuclear. From my experience, the CGC works pretty hard to resolve problems. 

Good luck. 

PS - starting multiple threads on the same topic is greatly frowned upon in these parts. 

Trolls caused me to start a new thread. Look at the old thread. They started on this thread too. There is no definitive value anywhere for Playboy magazines and there are dozens of examples which have yet to have a single issue graded. Determining a value is very difficult especially for someone brand new to magazine grading even though I have a very long history of grading other collectibles. Declared value is not the problem.

9 hours ago, PBruce said:

Every troll comment made on my post proves that CGC is not a place to do business. Provoked and lied to by staff. Mocked by multiple members without provocation including so-called "seasoned veterans". A long time collection destroyed. They say I deserve it. They say its karma. I say I made a bad choice by choosing CGC to grade my collection. I should have kept them safe where they have been for 20 years. I should have kept the $1500 I paid for the service and membership.

AAAAnd that's where you are wrong. This really stinks to see, and I do wonder how they were all damaged. Your people skills may not be the greatest, but it does not mean I wish to see anyones collection destroyed. I look forward to hearing what CGC  does to correct this, and they should not be grading these magazines if the holders can do damage.

Whats the deal with the divets in the side of the box? 

I know for comics that when CGC sends out a large box like that the comics are centered in the box with a card board grid to keep them away from the edges of the outer box. Is this the case for the magazines packaging too?

image.png.61eb042227710c96a00c21d1bbbea417.png

2 minutes ago, seanfingh said:

What evidence do you have? So far, I have only heard your own supposition and theories? Are you an expert on the mechanics of applied force to the contents of boxes?  If so, where is your evidence in that regard?

Do you have video? Do you have taped conversations admitting an intent to damage your property? (sans F-Bombs). You are coming off as a completely unhinged whack job, which I am sure you are not.  I have had dozens and dozens of cracked slabs out of the many hundreds that I have subbed.  Does it suck - absolutely. At times is CGC's QC awful - absolutely.  But there is NO evidence that CGC did this intentionally. Why would they? If they wanted to screw you, they would have given all your books 2.0s after scraping the interiors with birdcrap.

If you settle down, act rationally and demand satisfaction for the real damages, instead of pounding your shoe on the table about imaginary intentional injury, you will (hopefully) be made whole. I certainly would expect that anyway.

What I have yet to hear is an explanation from CGC. More theories from members than me. I've been doing nothing but try to have a fair discussion with fellow collectors on this board. Calling me an unhinged whack job and stating to act rationally is not a fair analysis of my behavior in this forum. I've conducted myself professionally on both posts, contrary to numerous trolls. I've had no beef with fellow members, only CGC employees. I was honest in my original post about dropping f-bombs to give a fair and complete history of what happened and I think that shows more class than a lot of the trolls on my posts have shown. I never asked for my personality to be assassinated or to be psychoanalyzed by fellow collectors. I'm left with a destroyed collection and pending answers from CGC.

17 minutes ago, seanfingh said:
1 hour ago, PBruce said:

What evidence do you have? So far, I have only heard your own supposition and theories? Are you an expert on the mechanics of applied force to the contents of boxes?  If so, where is your evidence in that regard?

Do you have video? Do you have taped conversations admitting an intent to damage your property? (sans F-Bombs). You are coming off as a completely unhinged whack job, which I am sure you are not.  I have had dozens and dozens of cracked slabs out of the many hundreds that I have subbed.  Does it suck - absolutely. At times is CGC's QC awful - absolutely.  But there is NO evidence that CGC did this intentionally. Why would they? If they wanted to screw you, they would have given all your books 2.0s after scraping the interiors with birdcrap.

If you settle down, act rationally and demand satisfaction for the real damages, instead of pounding your shoe on the table about imaginary intentional injury, you will (hopefully) be made whole. I certainly would expect that anyway

from my observations in recent years, publicly berating people and companies while peddling conspiracy theories about how people are out to get you because of your own aggressive and threatening behavior works pretty well, and often gets you ahead in life in ways no one ever thought possible.  Sure, some people think you're insane, but other people latch onto the anger because of their own sense of entitlement and force others to solve grievances that don't really exist without solving the actual problem that DOES EXIST. 

But seriously, though they owe you to make you whole on value.  You might want an explanation more than that, but they don't owe you that (though it would be nice, but would even believe them?)

Edited by revat

6 minutes ago, PBruce said:

What I have yet to hear is an explanation from CGC. More theories from members than me. I've been doing nothing but try to have a fair discussion with fellow collectors on this board. Calling me an unhinged whack job and stating to act rationally is not a fair analysis of my behavior in this forum. I've conducted myself professionally on both posts, contrary to numerous trolls. I've had no beef with fellow members, only CGC employees. I was honest in my original post about dropping f-bombs to give a fair and complete history of what happened and I think that shows more class than a lot of the trolls on my posts have shown. I never asked for my personality to be assassinated or to be psychoanalyzed by fellow collectors. I'm left with a destroyed collection and pending answers from CGC.

You have a penchant for melodrama ('destroyed collection") and I didn't call you a whack job, I said you "were coming off as a completely unhinged whack job, which I am sure you are not."  So yet again, you demonstrate that you see and hear what you want to see and hear instead of looking, RATIONALLY, at what was actually said, or what your best course of action is.  So, do you want a successful outcome, or do you want to continue raging against the dying of the light?  Your choice.

1 hour ago, PBruce said:

I thought about that. If that is the case why aren't others member submitting Playboys or heavy magazines experiencing the same problem? And why did the damage happen to two separate orders of mine?

Actually how do you know that? Not everyone uses the chat boards, and not everyone looks at this specific section. It's also possible your magazines were holdered in a fault batch of hard plastics where the posts didn't seal sonically. As for the cracked plastics, there is no way QC would allow that out. Tiny crack, maybe they could miss, but cracks several inches long, no way. Not that I'm accusing, but causing cracks yourself would only support your case against CGC, so maybe you did it yourself out of frustration. Maybe you saw the open posts and magazine damaged and threw the cases against the floor out of anger and they broke. Cases don't magically crack that much without them being damaged in shipping. I'm on your side with most of this short of accusing the company of finding damaged cases just to put your magazines in to get back at you.

Edited by Philflound