• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Motor City Con - Nickel City Con - 3 River Comics Con - May 18 - 20
1 1

65 posts in this topic

Looks like the local trifecta of comic cons are right around the corner in two weeks.  I all set to go check out all three Cons over three days (Motor City in Detroit on Friday, Nickel City in Buffalo on Saturday and 3 River in Pittsburgh on Sunday).  Hoping to put together a mid-west comic con frenzy thread but thought it would be fun to get a discussion going before the Cons.  I've been to Motor City and Nickel City last year but 3 River would be a new one for me.  Anyone been to any of these and would like to comment?

Edited by 1Cool

6 hours ago, SkOw said:

Motor city is a great show. :whee::banana:

Got an extra dealers badge for Friday?

10 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Got an extra dealers badge for Friday?

Not setup.....Buy buy buy!!!! 

Dealer badges are tough for this one. Good luck sir. 

I will be setup as a vendor for this show but I have not yet received my booth assignment.  Have any other vendors been told which booth they will be in?  This is my 7th year doing the show and I have not seen them wait this long before. ???

18 minutes ago, SkOw said:

I will be taking a cart around on Friday.  This year I'm going to the BULLY!  My strategy is to buy all the good stuff and shut out @1Cool, @Nick's Comics, and especially @catrick339 before they even know what hit them!

HAW!  In  your  dreams,  hippie.

Edited by catrick339

Motor  City  is  a  great  show.   My  buddy  Steve  and  I  will  be  set up  with  our  usual  buying  booth, so drag  all  you  weird  stuff
along,  we  love  the  funny  stuff,  the  westerns,   the  weird  50's  junk,   the  romance,   the  offbrand  heroes,  the  peculiar
war  titles,  you  name it.   Oh,  Marvel  and DC  too...if  that's  all you  have,   LOL

46 minutes ago, SkOw said:

I will be taking a cart around on Friday.  This year I'm going to the BULLY!  My strategy is to buy all the good stuff and shut out @1Cool, @Nick's Comics, and especially @catrick339 before they even know what hit them!

Ugh - I got most of my good books from you at the last show.  And now Rick is not bring his good books!  This is turning out to be a hum dinger of a show. yawn

2 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Ugh - I got most of my good books from you at the last show.  And now Rick is not bring his good books!  This is turning out to be a hum dinger of a show. yawn

Oh I'm bringing books... just not setting up. B|

16 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Actually,   Both  Rick  and  Steve  will be  bringing  some   nice  Board Books   to  the  show.   

I guess the guys at MCCC must have heard my complaint because they sent out the booth assignments last night. lol  I will be in booth #501 just like last year so stop by and say hello!  I plan on bringing a few big silver age keys and piles of bronze and copper keys.  I'll also have my long boxes of sorted Marvel and DC books.  I hope to see you all there!

21 hours ago, Nick's Comics said:

I guess the guys at MCCC must have heard my complaint because they sent out the booth assignments last night. lol  I will be in booth #501 just like last year so stop by and say hello!  I plan on bringing a few big silver age keys and piles of bronze and copper keys.  I'll also have my long boxes of sorted Marvel and DC books.  I hope to see you all there!

But  will you  have  a  nice pile of  old  weird  junk  for Steve  and me?  HMMM?

Iceman and I did both Motor City and Nickel City last year but will only be attending Motor City this year...due to us having a surprise 30th BDay party for Eric’s wife on Saturday (hope she doesn’t read the boards)  At Motor City both the Blazing One and Greg Reece will be setup, so you know there will be amazing books to be had.

i even hear there will be a Greggy and JoeyPost sighting at Motor City this year, so you know it will be a quality show.

Jim

Edited by Guardian Comics

1 hour ago, Guardian Comics said:

Iceman and I did both Motor City and Nickel City last year but will only be attending Motor City this year...due to us having a surprise 30th BDay party for Eric’s wife on Saturday (hope she doesn’t read the boards)  At Motor City both the Blazing One and Greg Reece will be setup, so you know there will be amazing books to be had.

i even hear there will be a Greggy and JoeyPost sighting at Motor City this year, so you know it will be a quality show.

Jim

:banana:

8 hours ago, Guardian Comics said:

Jim

:headbang: