• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FMV for Perez "Wonder Woman" cover?
1 1

12 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, faust1104 said:

Hi,

I was wondering what you would consider FMV for this "Wonder Woman" cover (Vol. 2 #4) by George Perez?

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1077310

I am not planning to sell atm just curious.

Thanks.

Based on the quality of the cover, and recent auction sales, I'd say more in the $6-$8K range.

45 minutes ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

Based on the quality of the cover, and recent auction sales, I'd say more in the $6-$8K range.

I think you will find that the Wonder Woman market has moved up a lot over the last year, especially the Perez items.

Right now In auction, this would definately go higher than the numbers quoted, as I know of a number of collectors on the look out for Perez WW covers, who have been asking around.

41 minutes ago, BeholdersEye said:

On a good day in an auction environment, I'd say 8k to 12k, on an off day, maybe $6k to 8k.  If you needed cash within an hour, you'd easily get $3k - 5k from a dealer or collector as a straight buy

You could get that 3-5K as an advance from an auction house

4 hours ago, RICKYBOBBY said:

You could get that 3-5K as an advance from an auction house

Easily.  That’s a great piece.  Super busy and a battle cover with full figure WW.   I like the 8-12k estimate that someone mentioned.

17 hours ago, John S. said:

I think you will find that the Wonder Woman market has moved up a lot over the last year, especially the Perez items.

Right now In auction, this would definately go higher than the numbers quoted, as I know of a number of collectors on the look out for Perez WW covers, who have been asking around.

There is only a single recent (and that was during the height of the WW movie mania) Perez WW cover sale that topped $10K. And that cover is pretty exceptional. It is WW soaring in full on flight, facing the viewer. A classic cover from the Perez run.

So, while I think the OP's cover is really nice, it's not as good as the one that went for over $10K, with juice.

The next highest recent Perez WW sale was just under $6K. I think the OP's cover is nicer than that one. (Which, admittedly, is subjective).

Based on those two recent auction sales, I pegged this one at between $6K and $8K.

But, sure, if it became a bidding war, it could go higher. And I agree, you can easily get ~$4K right now for it from a dealer.

Edited by PhilipB2k17

37 minutes ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

There is only a single recent (and that was during the height of the WW movie mania) Perez WW cover sale that topped $10K. And that cover is pretty exceptional. It is WW soaring in full on flight, facing the viewer. A classic cover from the Perez run.

So, while I think the OP's cover is really nice, it's not as good as the one that went for over $10K, with juice.

The next highest recent Perez WW sale was just under $6K. I think the OP's cover is nicer than that one. (Which, admittedly, is subjective).

Based on those two recent auction sales, I pegged this one at between $6K and $8K.

But, sure, if it became a bidding war, it could go higher. And I agree, you can easily get ~$4K right now for it from a dealer.

That cover you reference isn't even a Perez penciled cover though. Perez only inked it.

I also think that the Perez cover that went at 10k might be a great point to discuss.

Because now the auction's over, people have seen it, and more than 1 collector is going "damn I missed that!  I want to make sure I get the next good one that pops up"

So now, we have a $10k threshold that's been crossed, and the next example doesn't have to be as objectively good to cross that line.  Usually, the people that lost the last auction are the ones that are going to push prices in the next one.

13 minutes ago, Pete Marino said:

I also think that the Perez cover that went at 10k might be a great point to discuss.

Because now the auction's over, people have seen it, and more than 1 collector is going "damn I missed that!  I want to make sure I get the next good one that pops up"

So now, we have a $10k threshold that's been crossed, and the next example doesn't have to be as objectively good to cross that line.  Usually, the people that lost the last auction are the ones that are going to push prices in the next one.

That cover is pretty exceptional, though, regardless of the penciler. I'm not sure you go by that sale as being indicative of the overall market for a Perez WW cover.

The next most recent Perez WW cover sale was in 2017, during the height of WW mania. That went for just under $6K, with juice. I don't think it's as nice as the OP's cover, but I don't think his cover goes as high as the cover you're talking about either. But, maybe I'm wrong! It's possible it does, just because Perez WW covers don't come up very often. I'm just being conservative.

Edited by PhilipB2k17