• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SWAMP THING via DC Digital TV from James Wan (5/31/19)
2 2

210 posts in this topic

Pretty good start to the series - excellent production on it (the autopsy scene is nuts!). While I am VERY much against heavy use of over color processing (blue/greens/oranges!), and this show is certainly guilty of it so far, it does make sense for the setting and it being a TV production (though I look forward to more scenes in the day, which looked much creepier that any of the night scenes).

The practical effects were great - especially the suit, and it's really only the tiny CGI vines that break immersion sometimes.

I liked it, not perfect, but overall very well done. I know it’s horror, but in my 13 years living in Louisiana, I never saw it so colorless 😂

autopsy scene was super creepy, very well done. I have no idea how they are going to work blue devil in, but I am in for the ride.

14 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

I really enjoyed Episode 1 of Swamp Thing.

Dark. Gritty. Intense. Character-rich.

Even the Swamp Thing Wal-mart comics are creepy. Issue #3 has re-introduction of Abigail Arcane plus Blue Devil back up story. Only distributed in USA Wal-marts.

WjrX5LV.jpg

Not sure how true this is just yet. Especially with such little details and from a source I am not that comfortable with.

DC’s ‘Swamp Thing’ series will not be returning for a second season.

The decision seemingly boils down to WarnerMedia/AT&T executives not liking the direction of the show, not budget or performance on DC Universe (which we hear is solid). Cast and crew were notified late last night. The rest of the first season will continue to air on DC Universe.

‘Swamp Thing’ hails from Mark Verheiden & Gary Dauberman, and stars Crystal Reed, Andy Bean, Derek Mears, and Virginia Madsen. The first episode is available now on DC Universe.

Warner is so clueless. Even if you had your mind made up to cancel the show why announce it before the first season has even finished airing? It's like they want people to cancel their subscription. Talk about a buzzkill for viewers.

First filming was cut short by 2 episodes. Now the show gets cancelled before it even fully drops. There's gotta be more to this story. I mean granted I've only seen the pilot episode but I thought it was great.

Edited by Key Largo Comics