• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SWAMP THING via DC Digital TV from James Wan (5/31/19)
2 2

210 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

Debating whether or not to buy the season on Amazon. Can someone talk me into it or out of it please :roflmao:

Is the series target audience geared towards teens like the CW DC shows? (I'm not into them).

If you read the Alan Moore run of Swamp Thing, including the realization Alec Holland and Swamp Thing were two separate beings, this show is for you. Including an episode entitled 'The Anatomy Lesson' straight out of the comic books.

WB/DCU executive that cancelled this show deserves a swift kick in the nuts. :(

2 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

If you read the Alan Moore run of Swamp Thing, including the realization Alec Holland and Swamp Thing were two separate beings, this show is for you. Including an episode entitled 'The Anatomy Lesson' straight out of the comic books.

WB/DCU executive that cancelled this show deserves a swift kick in the nuts. :(

I loved the 80's movie as a kid but never read any of the comics... That being said would you still recommend it?

I'm still beside myself that they cancelled this show. Like Star Wars sucking isn't making me as mad as this news did. It really makes you wonder what the hizzell they are seeing/thinking over there at WB.

How do you watch this show and not enjoy it, especially as a comic book fan. Maybe that's the problem. The clowns in charge at WB aren't comic book fans/nerds so the perfection went right over their heads.

I have to think that someone will pull their head out of their wazoo at some point and re-up for a second season or reboot this show.

Swamp Thing books have been tanking other than HOS 92. Going to put my money where my mouth is and accumulate on softness.

5 hours ago, Xenosmilus said:

Debating whether or not to buy the season on Amazon. Can someone talk me into it or out of it please :roflmao:

Is the series target audience geared towards teens like the CW DC shows? (I'm not into them).

It's not geared toward teens at all. Maybe that's what turned the insufficiently_thoughtful_person WB execs off.

It's dark and weird and wonderful.

With many broadcast shows in disarray as a result of the coronavirus production shutdown, a trend is emerging of networks turning to streamers and international waters for content to fill their schedule.

Only hours after Fox announced it will air season 1 of the Spectrum series “L.A.’s Finest” this fall, the CW has gone three better by acquiring the broadcast rights to four different series, among them “Swamp Thing” from DC Universe and “Tell Me a Story” from CBS All Access.

In additional news, the Kevin Williamson-created anthology thriller has been canceled by All Access, Variety has confirmed, meaning that the show will end at two seasons, both of which will be heading to CW for a second-window run and will remain available to stream on All Access.

The other two shows that CW has picked up are “Coroner” (two seasons) and “Dead Pixels” (one season), which hail from Canada and the U.K. respectively. Both will be making their U.S. debuts. Premiere dates for all four shows will be announced at a later date.

“Swamp Thing,” like “Tell Me a Story,” was given the chop by its original home in the last year, as DC Universe canceled the series after a single season. The show follows Dr. Abby Arcane (Crystal Reed) as she investigates what seems to be a deadly swamp-born virus in a small town in Louisiana. However, when a mysterious creature emerges from the murky marsh, she finds herself facing the nightmares of a supernatural world where no one is safe. The series also stars Virginia Madsen, Andy Bean, Henderson Wade, Derek Mears, Maria Sten and Jeryl Prescott.

The show is produced by Atomic Monster in association with Warner Bros. Television, which already has a deep relationship with the CW, producing some of its biggest hits including “Batwoman” and “Riverdale.”

I want to be excited about this. But I will be wait-and-see on how the CW handles this show.

:popcorn:

On 5/11/2020 at 8:41 PM, Key Largo Comics said:

So this gives them broadcasting rights to Season 1 only? Or will they be developing follow up seasons?

The story I read implied they picked up due to the need to have content rather than developing it further.  

24 minutes ago, csaag said:

The story I read implied they picked up due to the need to have content rather than developing it further.  

It's assumption right now as the news just came out, and the CW is publishing any details yet what they have planned. Other than acquiring the show rights to Swamp Thing.