• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers #1

12 posts in this topic

Anybody buy it?  This is a lineup I can get behind (with maybe the exception of Ghost Rider).   Kind of the same old Galactic Doomsday theme, but I like the art (aside from the disproportionate 'School of Rob Liefeld' She-Hulk on the cover), and I think I will be on board for awhile.   

Good to see the Big 3 back together, and Marvel knows it. 

avengers 1.jpg

Edited by Mercury Man

I read it. Not bad. I really want to get back to there being one team of Avengers with maybe 7-8 members, and I think that's what they're doing here for the most part. The lineup for this book is pretty solid; very classic. However, I want either Hank Pym or Scott Lang on the main Avengers team. 

6 hours ago, Real Elijah Snow said:

I read it. Not bad. I really want to get back to there being one team of Avengers with maybe 7-8 members, and I think that's what they're doing here for the most part. The lineup for this book is pretty solid; very classic. However, I want either Hank Pym or Scott Lang on the main Avengers team. 

Replacing Ghost Rider with one of those two would suit me. 

I got it, read it, and actually enjoyed it.  Jason Aaron has my vote of confidence after what he's done with Thor of late.  And I've always enjoyed the slightly cartoonish nature of Ed McGuinness' art.  I kept reading the lines from the big 3 (Cap/Tony/Thor) in their MCU counterparts voices which just goes to show how perfectly suited those actors have filled their respective roles.  I'm glad they're finally touching up on the 1,000,000 BC Avengers story and am interested to see where the story goes from here.