• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man #800 Variants

100 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, ProcessedMeatMan said:

A ton of retailer variants are popping up.

I'm digging this Lucio Parrillo one from Sad Lemon:

https://www.sadlemoncomics.com/products/amazing-spider-man-800-lucio-parrillo-red-goblin-trade-virgin-variant-set-limited-to-700

800V_1024x1024.jpg?v=1525088323

List the variants that are not store variants. Or are you here to pump and dump this ?

5 hours ago, williamblood said:

it nice but retailer variants never hold value long term. i stick to incentive and con variants

Yeah same here for the most part. I'll pick up a store variant from time to time when it stands out.

Speaking of incentives. Any idea what the Remastered covers look like? I haven't been able to find anything 

1 hour ago, ProcessedMeatMan said:

Yeah same here for the most part. I'll pick up a store variant from time to time when it stands out.

Speaking of incentives. Any idea what the Remastered covers look like? I haven't been able to find anything 

no clue. im sticking to the dellotto 1:200

Parillo cover is nice thanks for sharing o hadn’t seen it. J Scott Campbell is really making some nice covers too. I like his green goblin and Mary Jane best so far. Sucks I can’t get any because of spending money on recent purchases but I’d be all over these if I could. The art is really good. 

4 hours ago, jason4 said:

Parillo cover is nice thanks for sharing o hadn’t seen it. J Scott Campbell is really making some nice covers too. I like his green goblin and Mary Jane best so far. Sucks I can’t get any because of spending money on recent purchases but I’d be all over these if I could. The art is really good. 

I just heard about the JSC versions an hour ago. I love his ASM covers so I'm all over that!

Edited by ProcessedMeatMan

14 hours ago, Jordysnordy said:

Definitely will be picking up that Gwen cover.

I am surprised that JSC has the license to sell these Marvel ASM comics 'limited' to say 2,000 copies on his PERSONAL website. Is Marvel just shipping the following ASM #800 cover variants to one's LCS:

Alex Ross cover A, Nick Bradshaw, Bagley, Cassady, Frank Cho, Dodson, Frenz, Greg Land, Moebius, Ramos (Connecting), Paolo Rivera, J :smile: Romita Sr, blank cover?

Yay! Corporate giants manipulating the addictive behavior of their client base! Yay!

That said, beware of the "limited to..." offerings. Apparently, Mr. Sad Lemon didn't learn his lesson from the ASM #797 "limited to" fiasco.

"Limited to" does NOT...I repeat, DOES NOT...mean that that's how many were PRINTED. It means, in this case, how many they're releasing for SALE.

Big difference.

On 5/5/2018 at 12:36 PM, 1p36DSA said:

Campbell’s books clean sellout of everything within 22 mins. Some sets old out within 2 mins. Crazy the demand!

IMO, I think over 50% of the reason these sell out so quickly are as follows...

1) Flippers

2) Collectors were allowed to purchase 2 sets per order and it's simple math...order 2 sell one for double the price and boom you just got your set/comic for free

56 minutes ago, LovetheLizard said:

IMO, I think over 50% of the reason these sell out so quickly are as follows...

1) Flippers

2) Collectors were allowed to purchase 2 sets per order and it's simple math...order 2 sell one for double the price and boom you just got your set/comic for free

what's your point?