• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is my crack in cgc case a problem? Need reslabbing?

4 posts in this topic

Hi guys

i just bought my first cgc graded comic book but on receipt I can see a crack all the way along the top part of the case on the back. Is this a problem in terms of value? It’s an amazing Spider-Man 252 9.4 cgc grade.  Do I need to get it re-cased? Any advice would be appreciated. This did not happen in transit as I can see only now it was in the photo on eBay (I’ve circled the crack in original sellers pic) 

the seller did not mention the crack though and apparently knew nothing of it as their partner took the photos. I have sent photo to seller and awaiting response 

as I say any further advice would be so useful. Thank you 

Che 

FA27C742-BBF7-42A0-97BB-670D59F72F59.jpeg

1 hour ago, Chewatson said:

Hi guys

i just bought my first cgc graded comic book but on receipt I can see a crack all the way along the top part of the case on the back. Is this a problem in terms of value? It’s an amazing Spider-Man 252 9.4 cgc grade.  Do I need to get it re-cased? Any advice would be appreciated. This did not happen in transit as I can see only now it was in the photo on eBay (I’ve circled the crack in original sellers pic) 

the seller did not mention the crack though and apparently knew nothing of it as their partner took the photos. I have sent photo to seller and awaiting response 

as I say any further advice would be so useful. Thank you 

Che 

FA27C742-BBF7-42A0-97BB-670D59F72F59.jpeg

If I were selling this, I would have disclosed the crack, in writing. Just saying...

Personal preference on whether you want to get it reslabbed. Some will care, some won't...but if it's between your book and a crackless book, all other things equal...yours will lose out.

Yes my friend, that's a pretty severe crack. The seller should reimburse you the cost of getting the book reslabbed. A friend of mine recently had this done and the total cost ended up being around $35. I hope this helps...

If it were mine, I would have it reholdered. It’s $15 plus handling and shipping, not to mention the fee to ship it to CGC. In total, it will cost you around $50 if you ship it using a priority box. If you decide to do it, they will house it in their new case which I think presents nicer than the older ones. However, that extra $50 could have gone towards a higher grade (unless you got a good deal on your 9.4). Hopefully the seller will help you out. Best of luck!

Edited by finalfan7asy