• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM- Amazing Spider-Man #16 :) edited with better pic of the front
1 1

24 posts in this topic

lol Of Course I open it to scan the back aaannnnd piece missing :pullhair:

I really think that it will get White Pages though!!! anyhoo, let me know how you feel about it :) I have an estimate but want to see how everybody responds... 

Amazing Spiderman #16 back out of the bag.jpg

ASM 16 out of mylar front.jpg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM
change pic of front

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

Ok I pulled it out for a 2nd time ...

It is not a tear but like a printer something or other, it almost looks like a dent that makes a line? I'm not sure what I'm looking at 

CBC?

4 minutes ago, creaturefan95 said:

CBC?

Where it says "samples of these fast selling", right above, "Wallace Brown inc." On the left side of the back cover...

Also, return to store show undisclosed damage, demand some partial refund or return it.  Someone's gotta teach these guys if they dont allow you to examine books.

26 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

VG+ 4.5 (thumbsu 

22 minutes ago, conan09279 said:

No bends or creases....white pages, no bent corners..... are you sure on 4.5?

just some ticks and a piece out of it, I had a SS #4 with a piece out of the corner and it got 8.0, I was going to put this at 6.0/6.5 until I saw the back-now I'd put it at 5.5 6.0......

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

just some ticks and a piece out of it, I had a SS #4 with a piece out of the corner and it got 8.0, I was going to put this at 6.0/6.5 until I saw the back-now I'd put it at 5.5 6.0......

Well I do see a bit of over hang bends...

8 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
10 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Well I do see a bit of over hang bends...

lol :sorry:

That and the spine ticks don't really appear to be on the back, spine. 

Well, I see the line you're referring to on the back cover...that's no biggie if it's not a tear. But the corner crease below it and the chunk out of the back cover, plus the remains of that sticker on the front cover should put this smack dab in the VG range...the graders on this site are good kid, real good...4.5

Edited by The Lions Den
Additional info added

15 minutes ago, The Lions Den said:

Well, I see the line you're referring to on the back cover...that's no biggie if it's not a tear. But the corner crease below it and the chunk out of the back cover, plus the remains of that sticker on the front cover should put this smack dab in the VG range...the graders on this site are good kid, real good...4.5

The sticker is not on the book... it's still in the Mylar in that pic, somehow when I did the scan out of the Mylar of the front it went to pdf, which the boards wouldn't accept that file. But we'll see how it goes :foryou: @1950's war comics I do trust your grading, was this the reason you gave it 4.5?

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

The sticker is not on the book... it's still in the Mylar in that pic, somehow when I did the scan out of the Mylar of the front it went to pdf, which the boards wouldn't accept that file. But we'll see how it goes :foryou: @1950's war comics I do trust your grading, was this the reason you gave it 4.5?

Yeah, I didn't expect anything to be on the bag. That's what I get for being so focused on the book! lol  Anyway, for me it's the fairly large piece out of the back cover that drops it down...if not for that, I would likely be in the fine range. I could still see it getting a 5.0 on a good day...

3 minutes ago, The Lions Den said:

Yeah, I didn't expect anything to be on the bag. That's what I get for being so focused on the book! lol  Anyway, for me it's the fairly large piece out of the back cover that drops it down...if not for that, I would likely be in the fine range. I could still see it getting a 5.0 on a good day...

I edited the pic.... paid with tax $194, so even at 4.5 I'll even out (thumbsu and I get it, that chunk does look big lol 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

I love this book (thumbsu

I'm not seeing the staining on the BC that you mentioned above? But where the piece is missing at the top BC I see what appears to be a 1" tear running of it as well. And then 2 smaller pieces/chips out of the left side. Add in the crease plus I think I see fingerprints on the green box that says "Get these two assortments." The front appears solid 6.0 so that stuff on the back combines to bring it to 4.5. ish. IMO (if my assumptions about the BC are correct). 

15 minutes ago, Kramerica said:

I love this book (thumbsu

I'm not seeing the staining on the BC that you mentioned above? But where the piece is missing at the top BC I see what appears to be a 1" tear running of it as well. And then 2 smaller pieces/chips out of the left side. Add in the crease plus I think I see fingerprints on the green box that says "Get these two assortments." The front appears solid 6.0 so that stuff on the back combines to bring it to 4.5. ish. IMO (if my assumptions about the BC are correct). 

The staining that I saw was what you are calling finger prints. The tear from the chip is less than a centimeter, unless you include the chip. The chip and tear seem less formidable in person, but I can see how it is unattractive. Hopefully it still pulls 5.0 and I'll be happy. lol I'm wondering how soon I can send it in. I have some books, but not enough yet...

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

The staining that I saw was what you are calling finger prints. The tear from the chip is less than a centimeter, unless you include the chip. The this and tear seem less formidable in person, but I can see how it is unattractive. Hopefully it still pulls 5.0 and I'll be happy. lol I'm wondering how soon I can send it in. I have some books, but not enough yet...

Thanks for clarifying. It's a super tough call. I'm curious as to what others think. And in any event it's a nice looking ASM #16 and the 4th appearance of DD (DD #4 is dated Oct '64).