• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Strip
3 3

51 posts in this topic

On 5/6/2018 at 1:50 AM, Grails said:

For those of us that used to go straight to the back of the daily newspaper.  Share a strip you enjoyed here from time to time whether it’s old school Peanuts and Pogo to Calvin and Hobbes.

They were all great but I used to read the Spidey strip in black and white daily and then in color and a full page on Saturday when my dad brought home the Toronto Star paper.

Good times.

16-Scan0015.thumb.jpg.2294d76c4c2e4b2443e74690b02bdf37.jpg16-Scan0016.thumb.jpg.7e0cce291b8873b6a204ffc9fe7029db.jpg16-Scan0017.thumb.jpg.43d20266bce34de4bf026cb4c7653a5c.jpgIn

In the 1970s, my folks had a small bulletin board near the phone in the kitchen. My mom would post small strips she found that "fit" us there. I did not realize that she had saved in a family album later until I was doing a project to scan/digitize in all our family albums. Here are a few pages of that album. The odd thing is I did the same thing decades later with some ones at work-- mostly Dilbert and Far Side that were IT related.

I also saved several strips from the paper around that time-- mostly Spider-man and Howard the Duck full color Sunday strips. I need to scan a few of those in and add them here.

Edited by 01TheDude