• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Collecting Re-Prints
3 3

76 posts in this topic

I believe that the reprints are excellent signing opportunities.  I picked up a True Believers AF15 signed by Stan.  To me that was beyond worth it as I would never get my original copies signed.  Especially with what is going on, I do not believe that anyone in their right mind should be sticking genuine AF15's in front of him. 

AF15Reprintcgc94ss.jpg

I got a million cool ones for which I'm waiting for the value to blow up.

ASM_122.jpg

IMG_9787.jpg

IMG_8565.jpg

IMG_9053.jpg

IMG_8911.jpg

I grew up in the 90's where owning 2nd prints of something meant you sucked for not being able to find or afford a 1st print.  I was so reprint-averse, I swore off X-Men 67-93.  Nowadays, I'll buy reprints or later prints in addition to the original, not in place of it.

12 minutes ago, FineCollector said:

I grew up in the 90's where owning 2nd prints of something meant you sucked for not being able to find or afford a 1st print.  I was so reprint-averse, I swore off X-Men 67-93.  Nowadays, I'll buy reprints or later prints in addition to the original, not in place of it.

lol - I also remember looking through GI Joe comics to make sure they were the originals and not the reprints and thinking the same. 

2 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

Some BA Marvel reprint picture frame covers had new artwork like reprint of FF #52 1st Black Panther, and Starlin's best non-Warlock cover:

j1JFnr0.jpg

wow the gamma rays first turned Banner's hair from red to brown, then green!  He also started out as that Starlin Timber Wolf rip off character I forget his name.

14 hours ago, mackenzie999 said:

60's-era reprints like "Collectors Item Classics" and "Fantasy Masterpieces" make for great reader copies where you get to enjoy that old comic feel and smell. I was given a Fantastic Four omnibus and really disliked the way they reworked the art, and the nicer quality paper was actually a negative for me.

902425.jpg

I think that paper smell/feel is the only thing missing from the True Believers books. Even though the art is the same, it feels much different on modern glossy paper.

13 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

I believe that the reprints are excellent signing opportunities.  I picked up a True Believers AF15 signed by Stan.  To me that was beyond worth it as I would never get my original copies signed.  Especially with what is going on, I do not believe that anyone in their right mind should be sticking genuine AF15's in front of him. 

AF15Reprintcgc94ss.jpg

That is a great looking book!

13 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

AF15Reprintcgc94ss.jpg

Smart man. I'm pretty sure at some point unsigned AF15s will be more rare than signed versions. It's not like Stan's sig is uncommon. Maybe for a coverless or otherwise trashed copy.

Picked up a Predator Jungle Tales book this weekend, thought it was a one-shot story but it actually reprints stories from the Dark Horse comic series. So would it not be a reprint and be more like a compilation then?

BTW, thanks for posting all the cool books everybody, this place isn't dead.

5af190dbaca94_JungleTales.jpg.efb770a9e4ded4ff1196fae6628daa1f.jpg

5af190f28aa1e_DHC1.jpg.f6001bc3d24b23fcd302cf617bf0f732.jpg

13 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

Some BA Marvel reprint picture frame covers had new artwork like reprint of FF #52 1st Black Panther, and Starlin's best non-Warlock cover:

j1JFnr0.jpg

Always love picture frames, and yeah, the cover on that MSH 47 is awesome! From conception to execution, and the eye popping color, just a terrific cover.

On 5/7/2018 at 7:35 PM, aardvark88 said:

j1JFnr0.jpg

A few MGCs had new cover art by Kirby! Must haves for the FF completist.

And, Dude, you can still replace those MGCs cheap. Do it soon tho, cause the issue that reprints FF 48 is breaking away from the pack.

Another True Believers #1 for the collection (reprints X-MEN #25). 

Speaking of True Believers, I did see a set of Spider-Man vs Venom (ASM 300) first and second print set on a dealer's wall priced at $10, at a show over the weekend. I might have actually forked over the $10 if I didn't already have the second print.

IMAG0424.thumb.jpg.b97a3e5d3218ca61f91f41114d39dea7.jpg