• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay Petition to stop taxes on small businesses over the internet
1 1

7 posts in this topic

Hello Peeps :) Just wanted to make you aware of the petition to stop the law that is possible for, I guess the Supreme Court, that would enable small businesses to be taxed via the internet and not just "in state"..... meaning "all" ebay transactions ;) 

eBay supports tax policy that is fair to entrepreneurs, artisans, and small businesses, which are vital to the American economy, and we oppose efforts to impose taxes that would harm these businesses. Millions of people across the country sell on the eBay marketplace, and there has never been a more critical time to stand against new and unfair Internet taxes.

The U.S. Supreme Court will make a decision in the coming weeks that could give states the right to tax every small business on the Internet.

The issue is just as urgent on Capitol Hill, as states, shopping centers, and large retailers lobby hard to increase taxes on small businesses and their online customers. When the Supreme Court makes its decision, it will bring together the various threads on the issue of Internet sales tax.

Our leaders in Washington, D.C., and in state capitals across America need to know how you feel about these new and harmful Internet tax burdens. Please digitally sign this petition to show political leaders that you stand with us against these new taxes. It should take less than three minutes. We'll deliver your signatures to President Trump, key members of Congress, and select state governors.

Rest assured that eBay will continue to fight this battle on behalf of all of our valued customers. Thank you for taking a stand for millions of small businesses across the America.

Sincerely,

Scott Cutler
SVP, Americas Marketplace

I guess that it is worth mentioning that ebay sent me this message via email and y'all probably got one too. Just a reminder that it can affect comic sales :) 

Guess if it passed, I could then buy from My Comic Shop, as they are in Texas... I'd have to pay taxes at the moment. 

peeps-belle-contest.jpg

9 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Link just takes me to the Bay home page?

Probably because it came from my personal email...

You should have one either in your personal or in your ebay messages, I just didn't want it to get lost in the shuffle for some.

I hadn't tried the link, so thanks for the heads up. I guess that it is personalized for everyone to sign their name themselves..... I guess more of a heads up than anything (thumbsu 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

26 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Probably because it came from my personal email...

You should have one either in your personal or in your ebay messages, I just didn't want it to get lost in the shuffle for some.

I hadn't tried the link, so thanks for the heads up. I guess that it is personalized for everyone to sign their name themselves..... I guess more of a heads up than anything (thumbsu 

Here we go:

https://www.ebaymainstreet.com/petition/internet-sales-tax-buyers