• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

VAMPIRELLA MAGAZINE (WARREN PUBLISHING)
7 7

182 posts in this topic

Finally Dynamite is cranking it up for the 50th anniversary of Vampirella. There is a new Sanjulian cover variant, a return of the Enric/Gonzalez poster painting as a cover variant, an Alex Ross cover, a Joe Jusko and an Adam Hughes. I also ordered the Frazetta variant, which they didn’t have a picture of, so I’m guessing it will be from #1. If you’re in need of a magazine replica edition, they’re doing those also. Hopefully the story/ art will be a better offering in the new series. 

Edited by Stevemmg

3 hours ago, Stevemmg said:

Finally Dynamite is cranking it up for the 50th anniversary of Vampirella. There is a new Sanjulian cover variant, a return of the Enric/Gonzalez poster painting as a cover variant, an Alex Ross cover, a Joe Jusko and an Adam Hughes. I also ordered the Frazetta variant, which they didn’t have a picture of, so I’m guessing it will be from #1. If you’re in need of a magazine replica edition, they’re doing those also. Hopefully the story/ art will be a better offering in the new series. 

Thanks for the update!   (thumbsu

4 hours ago, Stevemmg said:

Hopefully the story/ art will be a better offering in the new series. 

Christopher Priest is writing the book; he's one of my favorite writers.  The FCDB issue looked pretty good.

Excellent. I read his interview on the Dynamite site, and remain hopeful for a good storyline. I did order the six foot tall standup Vampi that comes with five copies of the Enric/Gonzalez cover (says in the description only available together). Appears to only be available directly from them, and reasonably priced at $40. 

12 hours ago, Stevemmg said:

Excellent. I read his interview on the Dynamite site, and remain hopeful for a good storyline. I did order the six foot tall standup Vampi that comes with five copies of the Enric/Gonzalez cover (says in the description only available together). Appears to only be available directly from them, and reasonably priced at $40. 

Can you link to that? I  couldn't find it. 

3 minutes ago, Darkga said:

I can't believe I didn't see this thread sooner, but here is my contribution. Why do my original and reprint have the same exact grade? (shrug)

2019-06-15 (3).jpg

Welcome to the boards.(worship)

Us magazine guys are legion, and please check out my journals. 

21 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

Welcome to the boards.(worship)

Us magazine guys are legion, and please check out my journals. 

Oh we have met before in the other Vampirella thread. I just had not seen this thread until now. :) I'm only four issues away from completing my high grade Warren Vampirella run! I will have it done in time for Vampi's birthday on 7/17 though.

22 minutes ago, Darkga said:

Oh we have met before in the other Vampirella thread. I just had not seen this thread until now. :) I'm only four issues away from completing my high grade Warren Vampirella run! I will have it done in time for Vampi's birthday on 7/17 though.

Nice! 

I like to keep track of my horror compadres,  so I friended you.

Hope you dont mind. 

26 minutes ago, Darkga said:

Happy 50th Birthday Vampirella! :luhv:

On 7/17/1969 she was born, and we fans of hers haven't been the same ever since. (worship)<3

I recently completed my high-grade Warren Vampirella run (1-113, Annual, Special) just in time for the celebration so I'm especially happy! I have not graded all of them yet, however here are my three most prized issues from the magazines that I have graded so far. FYI, all three of these books were bought RAW by me and then sent in for grading. Yes, there are still finds like these in the wild!

CDJqu43.jpg

(worship)