• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Metropolis is Suing Voldemort
5 5

762 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, Mmehdy said:

One further point, the move to Texas would make the "other: company easier for HA to acquire down the road.

Why would Heritage want to acquire them?

19 hours ago, Buzzetta said:
On 5/14/2018 at 4:10 PM, VintageComics said:

I have a crazy story involving a former FBI agent, a new 'Church type collection' coming to market, two weeks of my life and one of the best New Years stories ever.

Not sure if I've shared it on here or not.

Do tell 

I'll share the details one day.

It involved a private investigator who used to be a decorated FBI agent, stakeouts, meetings in coffee shops off the expressway to share file information just like you'd see in a movie, tagging and following a suspect who turned out to be a scam artist who we think ended up being in a witness protection program and who was looking for a sucker to raise some quick cash and disappear again.

It was a hell of a ride over New Years a few years ago.

Edited by VintageComics

22 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Yeah, I learned how to play for real when Monopoly came out for the original gameboy.  When that came out I was in the back of the car playing on family vacations and I learned to play cut throat style in order to beat the game.  

at the risk of sounding like a noob, cause I am and haven't played a serious game in a while I'm dying to ask: what happens once all properties are bought up but no one owns a monopoly of any of the same colored spaces?

Do players start negotiating trades with cash incentives?

do people start merging and consolidate wealth and properties?

what happens if no one can agree on a trade/exchange?

5 hours ago, VintageComics said:

Why would Heritage want to acquire them?

HA  who also does cards  metro does not, and could offer "no charge" in house grading in return for consigning the items to their company giving a leg up to their competitions. It is a natural extension of their business in addition look for HA to add a restoration company or expand the "other" guy and offer those services. Combined with the best website hands down, best catalog hands down, that would make a might trio for their competition to over come. They could restore, grade, slab and sell the book in house.....tough to beat

Edited by Mmehdy

5 hours ago, VintageComics said:
On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 7:27 PM, Buzzetta said:
On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 1:10 PM, VintageComics said:

I have a crazy story involving a former FBI agent, a new 'Church type collection' coming to market, two weeks of my life and one of the best New Years stories ever.

Not sure if I've shared it on here or not.

Do tell 

It involved a private investigator who used to be a decorated FBI agent, stakeouts, meetings in coffee shops off the expressway to share file information just like you'd see in a movie, tagging and following a suspect who turned out to be a scam artist who we think ended up being in a witness protection program and who was looking for a sucker to raise some quick cash and disappear again.

Edited by Senormac
coodn't find the lunch scene

2 hours ago, justafan said:

Do players start negotiating trades with cash incentives? 

That's how I always played.

2 hours ago, justafan said:

what happens if no one can agree on a trade/exchange?

It's a long, slow, boring game.

5 minutes ago, Senormac said:

I don't get the reference.

Strangely enough my story happened VERY close to you.

:wink:

6 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

I don't get the reference.

It's ok.... somebody on the boards will :foryou:  :baiting:

Edited by Senormac
cuz Im a secret agent

6 hours ago, VintageComics said:

Was DG Garthwaite and the soundman from Jackyl there ? 

Probably this case will settle before trial as most civil cases do, in this instance it will be interesting to see how this effects the other auction houses.. In the last Ha Signature Auction this month there was notable absence of the the "other" guys books, very few in the entire auction.

Edited by Mmehdy

51 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

. In the last Ha Signature Auction this month there was notable absence of the the "other" guys books, very few in the entire auction.

That’s because they went bankrupt.

Spoiler

Boy, did I get sucked into the vortex something fierce

17 hours ago, GACollectibles said:

That’s because they went bankrupt.

Reveal hidden contents

Boy, did I get sucked into the vortex something fierce

At Wonder Con two years ago they had a lot of submissions, so I cannot see how a company who had plenty of work actually was bankrupt....again, I suspect that Metro had some type of option to purchase a % of the "other guy" at a a fixed or reduced price, hence the sale to Becket at a greater price...Metro has been around a lot longer than them, and to force them to file a suit shows me the true character of the "the other guy"..I will never use them to support an injustice to Metro or any other creditor. In my opinion, and that what it is, I see auction results that favor CGC over the "other Guy" , and just because they changed owners..you are still dealing with the same characters who made this possibly, and according Metro questionable business move.

Edited by Mmehdy

Voldy was supposed to have on site grading at the Nickel City Con here in Buffalo this weekend.  They canceled.

Looks like they canceled all of their on site grading.

cbcs.thumb.jpg.9fff1f0b47f19983818f0de3f7f7ff3b.jpg

5 minutes ago, TheFifthHorseman said:

Sounds quite exciting! p.s. congrats on 90,000 posts

I'm not sure that's a positive accomplishment but then I don't play video games, soooo....

2 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

I'm not sure that's a positive accomplishment but then I don't play video games, soooo....

Exactly. I've won so many fake super bowls with my madden teams, broken so many records.. no real accomplishments. But wherever brings happiness to a person

12 hours ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Voldy was supposed to have on site grading at the Nickel City Con here in Buffalo this weekend.  They canceled.

Looks like they canceled all of their on site grading.

cbcs.thumb.jpg.9fff1f0b47f19983818f0de3f7f7ff3b.jpg

It must be worse than we know about....If Metro wins, it is gonna be a real mess, I would not surprised if Metro buys the "Other Guy" outright as part of  settlement.

Edited by Mmehdy