• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Metropolis is Suing Voldemort
5 5

762 posts in this topic

49 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

Indeed.  This image perfectly summarizes why they went belly up.  

And I guess them "moving" also explains why they haven't updates their Twitter feed in over six months: :eyeroll:

https://mobile.twitter.com/cbcscomics?lang=en

The determined attempts of a few at rationalizations for this insolvent, failed company here, on CGC boards, are simultaneously sad and amusing.  

-J.

What's sad and amusing is the nameless, faceless armchair warriors who have no problem smearing reputations of honorable people with no facts.

What was it that you do for a living again that makes you so knowledgeable?

4 hours ago, Mmehdy said:

no offense taken...the pic speaks for itself....CGC rules.

CGC is the bigger of the two companies, I'm not denying that. I'm just saying that a lot of your speculation in this thread is incorrect...and that's not speculation on my part.

15 hours ago, Mmehdy said:

Not if Metro wins the suit and again there could be some kind of option that CC had to purchase all or part of the company..they could move and be ordered back by the court.

Becketts money > Metropolis money. Money wins, at BEST Metropolis will settle out of court.

9 hours ago, VintageComics said:

What's sad and amusing is the nameless, faceless armchair warriors who have no problem smearing reputations of honorable people with no facts.

What was it that you do for a living again that makes you so knowledgeable?

Keeps people from crossing his bridge.

7 hours ago, Logan510 said:

CGC is the bigger of the two companies, I'm not denying that. I'm just saying that a lot of your speculation in this thread is incorrect...and that's not speculation on my part.

Not for long. Big money invested, interested to see how this plays out.

For those who are upset over a lack of Twitter presence, I suggest you turn to Facebook.  There, you'll learn that the company isn't belly up, has a June moving date set, and will be relocating into bigger space and with more staffing, along with a few new services in the works.

Finally, for those posting in this thread who've discussed whether CGC graded books are or are not tighter than the competitor, and might command a higher price at a given grade, this other thread serves as a reminder that consistency in grading can be more important for the hobbyist and dealer alike than off-and-on strictness.  

Edited by namisgr

16 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

And I guess them "moving" also explains why they haven't updated their Twitter feed in over six months: :eyeroll:

The determined attempts of a few at rationalizations for this insolvent, failed company here, on the CGC boards, are simultaneously sad and amusing and ultimately futile. 

-J.

I love the "logic":

1) I was at a show within the last year and there was a time when no one was at my booth
2) I haven't used my business Twitter feed in months

Therefor I am going bankrupt. 

Phew, I'm glad I found out before it was too late!  Or is it?? :ohnoez:

41 minutes ago, GACollectibles said:

I love the "logic":

1) I was at a show within the last year and there was a time when no one was at my booth
2) I haven't used my business Twitter feed in months

Therefor I am going bankrupt. 

Phew, I'm glad I found out before it was too late!  Or is it?? :ohnoez:

No one is ever at your booth.

Therefore.

7 hours ago, The Resurrection said:

Becketts money > Metropolis money. Money wins, at BEST Metropolis will settle out of court.

That is possible for a large amount of $ $, but Becketts might rethink the purchase and ...again just possible sell it to CGC or Metro if the company becomes a bigger hassle than they want. It is a way out, also a further settlement could be some type of metro ownership in a LLC or something like that. I do not think  meto would spend  the  money unless they were 95% assured they were gonna win or get a settlement  that I agree with.

Edited by Mmehdy

4 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

That is possible for a large amount of $ $, but Becketts might rethink the purchase 

It might be so because you thought of it, is that about right?

Given that the other grading company is about to move into Beckett corporate space in two weeks and gain access to enhanced support from Beckett staff, your thought has no substance to back it up.

17 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

And I guess them "moving" also explains why they haven't updated their Twitter feed in over six months: :eyeroll:

The determined attempts of a few at rationalizations for this insolvent, failed company here, on the CGC boards, are simultaneously sad and amusing and ultimately futile. 

-J.

I believe when the company was first started they intended all along to merge with the CGC after 5 or 7 years at a premium price to CGC to obtain market share. You can check my early posts on this, when the company was first going forward. I was wrong but had the right idea...it was Beckets and probably for a heck of lot less than what there goal was $$ wise. Growing pains, bad decisions, CGC obtaining market share....were a part of that, Bankrupt I don't know, but we are being bought to get more $$$, bigger locations and everything is gonna be better does not tell the whole story...it's coprate SPIN.........so those of you who are buying what the "other" guy is saying 100% reason...just look sworn compaint by Mero and actions of the company...rather than the "spin"

7 minutes ago, namisgr said:

It might be so because you thought of it, is that about right?

Given that the other grading company is about to move into Beckett corporate space in two weeks and gain access to enhanced support from Beckett staff, your thought has no substance to back it up.

The Fla court is gonna have something to say about this, which might be contrary to Becketts interest in retaining the company...whether its cash out of their  pocket, the return of the "other" guy or whatever, they are gonna have to deal with this lawsuit  and Meto is tough both in terms of $$$ and ownership. It is not my thought, it is a reality. Just because they change locations does not change the fact that they have to compete with CGC, which is gonna further dominate the market.

Edited by Mmehdy

31 minutes ago, GACollectibles said:
55 minutes ago, Timmay said:

No one is ever at your booth.

I'm pretty sure you are thinking of a @Ryan. sales thread.

lol

I always wear my daisy dukes when I post a sales thread so I'm not sure what the problem is.

5 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

The Fla court is gonna have something to say about this, which might be contrary to Becketts interest in retaining the company...whether its cash out of their  pocket, the return of the "other" guy or whatever, they are gonna have to deal with this lawsuit  and Meto is tough both in terms of $$$ and ownership. It is not my thought, it is a reality.

To remind you, your thought is that Beckett might rethink its purchase.  Unless you've got anything tangible to support that contention, it's nothing more than something you thought of.

With the grading and encapsulation operation moving into Beckett corporate space in Dallas in two weeks, there's plenty of tangible evidence that they fully intend to go into the comic book grading business.

Edited by namisgr