• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Metropolis is Suing Voldemort
5 5

762 posts in this topic

This move offers REDACTED many positive opportunities that we have not had over the last few years. More room to work, more staff to handle/process orders, help with show planning, and a few new services/products that will be coming soon are just a few of the things we are excited about.

This section makes me think they were lacking in a few things which may give some credence to them selling due to some of their failings (shortcomings) compared to Beckett buying them to expand their empire.  I of course don't know what went down but my ears perked up when i read this sentence.

5 hours ago, The Resurrection said:

Don't let the scrub get to you. He's obviously just looking to have some sort of human interaction, best thing we can do is start blocking him.

He doesn't get to me at all.

I just think that when someone is disruptive and knowingly unreasonable that exposing them is a good course of action.

But I'll back off so as not to derail the thread any longer. There were just a few guys on here that didn't realize what Jaydogrules was about I thought it was important to show them.

4 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

Seriously this might be a new record for a shockingly tone deaf post even for you.   And that's saying something lol .  I love it when "faceless shadows" on the internet call other people on the internet "faceless shadows", and other derogatory names, simply because someone else dares to disagree with them.   

By your accounting we should be considering the people who started Voldy for a Nobel Prize.  Nevermind the fact that, like most businesses, it  was started for the sole and only purpose of making money, and as much as possible, off from the very hobby that you believe they have done so much for.  

Hmmmm... And here's another shocking concept for you, Junior- "honorable people" can be incompetent, clueless business people who neither know how to run or maintain a business successfully. And by Voldy's well documented (short) history of one administrative and policy blunder after another- and there were MANY- compromising the integrity and market perception of the company very early- they were lead to where they are now- oblivion.  

Can Beckett do anything at this point to establish credibility so that "the market" might deign to give them a second chance?   Maybe.  But, as I said, they're going to need a name change and re-brand to at least have a chance of getting that pesky stink of failure of the original iteration of the prior company off from them first.  And they need to make things right with Metro if that lawsuit has merit.  If nothing else that lawsuit is like an anchor around their neck. It directly bridges the prior failed company with what they want to do now.  And yep, that's a problem.  Nothing will be served by any of this if the new management team starts off on the wrong foot by making yet another mis-step to cost them even more credibility right from the get -go. 

And have I mentioned what a great spin doctor you are ?  Really, Beckett should hire you.  But you should really try showing just a little bit of class and take your relentless suction cupping of Voldy off from the dedcated  CGC boards and over to Voldy's chat boards or something, where the other 20 or so people who use them congregate.  They could certainly use  you over there.  And maybe you could even manage to sell a few of those cut-rate Voldy slabs of yours that you have sitting in your back stock of inventory that causes you to almost literally have a panic attack every single time I or anyone else who is telling it like it is, happens to post in this thread.  (thumbsu

-J.

Not worth replying to but worth quoting for posterity.

4 hours ago, The Resurrection said:

God you are a :censored: bag

24 / 7

4 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

I just think that when someone is disruptive and knowingly unreasonable that exposing them is a good course of action.

But I'll back off so as not to derail the thread any longer. There were just a few guys on here that didn't realize what Jaydogrules was about I thought it was important to show them.

Have at it, dudes just White Noise. I think it's very important we discuss the hobby in it's entirety, regardless of grading company.

54 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

This move offers REDACTED many positive opportunities that we have not had over the last few years. More room to work, more staff to handle/process orders, help with show planning, and a few new services/products that will be coming soon are just a few of the things we are excited about.

This section makes me think they were lacking in a few things which may give some credence to them selling due to some of their failings (shortcomings) compared to Beckett buying them to expand their empire.  I of course don't know what went down but my ears perked up when i read this sentence.

Every business struggles in it's opening years to find a balance so it's no surprise that any new business has failings and short comings. CGC had many growing pains, but 19 years later some may not even realize it.

6 minutes ago, The Resurrection said:

Have at it, dudes just White Noise. I think it's very important we discuss the hobby in it's entirety, regardless of grading company.

I do as well but I also want to be respectful of the hosts here.

But with Borock being former president of CGC for nearly a decade and also being a great representative of the hobby (and a friend) I also don't think it's fair to allow trashing of a competitor company without having any facts. If there were ANY facts that would be a different story, but so far it's just hot hair.

And I don't care if it's PGX or CBCS - I think it's wrong to just spin internet rumors just because you don't like the company.

The answer, as always, to bad speech is not attacking the person, but making better speech. People can make up their own minds about a person; no one needs anyone's "help" to come to a conclusion about someone, and what makes anyone on a message board qualified to determine who someone else is or is not...?

As Res said, the answer is to ignore those who say things we don't like, in a manner we don't like. If what they say has no value, eventually everyone will ignore them, and you will be proved right. If what they say has value to others, then they can interact with them to their hearts' content, and we have peace.

If someone says something with which you disagree, state your disagreement, dispassionately, and stick to that. Making it personal, going after the person instead of the topic, makes you...not the person you go after...the loser. This is not a defense of "jaydogrules" in any way. I find it unbelievable to a degree that is inexpressible to watch him be so gargantuously contentious with so many, year after year after year, and yet, nothing at all has ever happened to him in terms of discipline. But the answer to contention isn't more contention: it's sober, rational, dispassionate response, and, barring that, avoidance.

5 hours ago, Mr.Mcknowitall said:

Suggested New Marketing phrase: "You can trust us.We're no Thomas, but we are A Beckett!".:banana:

Nerd joke. NERD JOKE!!!

Betcha 93% of the people reading this don't get that.

Yes, I am a snob.

:cloud9:

(Hey, the codes have been fixed!)

3 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

I find it unbelievable to a degree that is inexpressible to watch him be so gargantuously contentious with so many, year after year after year, and yet, nothing at all has ever happened to him in terms of discipline. 

I do as well.

@Architecht ?

1 minute ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Nerd joke. NERD JOKE!!!

Yes, I am a snob.

lol

Yes, I felt a little let down what with no credit coming in for it :sorry:

But then I realized I am being ignored. I do not have any reason why. I was close to starting to post for the underdog, but was worried I would be slapped down again.:cry:

BTW, it was very nice of you to recognize the nerd value. Thank You.:foryou:

1 minute ago, Mr.Mcknowitall said:
6 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Nerd joke. NERD JOKE!!!

Yes, I am a snob.

lol

Yes, I felt a little let down what with no credit coming in for it :sorry:

But then I realized I am being ignored. I do not have any reason why. I was close to starting to post for the underdog, but was worried I would be slapped down again.:cry:

BTW, it was very nice of you to recognize the nerd value. Thank You.:foryou:

It's the best kind of nerd: HISTORY nerd! People don't have to be dopey illiterates if they don't want to be. :D

Murder in the Cathedral, indeed...

2 hours ago, VintageComics said:

Roy; Do you think if perhaps JC (just to be clear, that's Joe Collector) had a Son??

Every time I've run across this guy, I just can't shake the remarkable similarities...

1 hour ago, burntboy said:

Roy; Do you think if perhaps JC (just to be clear, that's Joe Collector) had a Son??

Every time I've run across this guy, I just can't shake the remarkable similarities...

It's JC's troll account. He constantly praises modern variants so nobody will figure it out. :insane:

And the first person to make a joke about JC's regular account and trolling gets -1000000 points.

2 hours ago, burntboy said:

Doesn't sound like JC to me at all.

JC used to rail about how the market was going to crash. Jaydogrules does the exact opposite.

5 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Just as an example - I have heard that a magazine size mound costs a fortune. I think that is one item on their wish list. Another one is a registry which will allow both CGC and voldy books. Anyway - soooooon!

6 hours ago, VintageComics said:

Every business struggles in it's opening years to find a balance so it's no surprise that any new business has failings and short comings. CGC had many growing pains, but 19 years later some may not even realize it.

AGREED, but not every business goes for a rescue white night so soon. If you believe their corporate spin....they admit  there where some the issues that needed improvement or additional services to add...but that is THEIR corporate spin. The reality is always something more involved or things are sometime left out. The  lawsuit is a clue. I am surprised you are making excuses for the former 10 year employee of CGC..who had the perfect opportunity for somebody to make a greater or more efficient company based upon the prior work experience. " failings and short comings... along with growing pains" should be called for what it is....Management decisions...Good or Bad its up to individual to decide ...and as we know now some of those decisions ended up with a lawsuit from Metro..." and a sale/asset transfer or whatever to Beckett. Your "spin" Vintage of "every business struggles" is very convenient. Every true comic book collector was hoping that "the other guy" would make things better ,and in response CGC would get better in all aspects of comic book grading , pressing,competitive pricing.  It did not happen, no matter what the excuse. I for one am very disappointed with the outcome as it stands today. I can only hope for the future that both CGC and the "other" make it a better and more competitive comic book grading world.

Edited by Mmehdy

24 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

AGREED, but not every business goes for a rescue white night so soon. If you believe their corporate spin....they admit  there where some the issues that needed improvement or additional services to add...but that is THEIR corporate spin. The reality is always something more involved or things are sometime left out. The  lawsuit is a clue. I am surprised you are making excuses for the former 10 year employee of CGC..who had the perfect opportunity for somebody to make a greater or more efficient company based upon the prior work experience. " failings and short comings... along with growing pains" should be called for what it is....Management decisions...Good or Bad its up to individual to decide ...and as we know now some of those decisions ended up with a lawsuit from Metro..." and a sale/asset transfer or whatever to Beckett. Your "spin" Vintage of "every business struggles" is very convenient. Every true comic book collector was hoping that "the other guy" would make things better ,and in response CGC would get better in all aspects of comic book grading , pressing,competitive pricing.  It did not happen, no matter what the excuse. I for one am very disappointed with the outcome as it stands today. I can only hope for the future that both CGC and the "other" make it a better and more competitive comic book grading world.

Dude, you have no idea what you're talking about yet again.

My 'spin' about every business having growing pains was in response to someone stating that in the first 3 years Voldy had issues.

As far as a rescue white knight (not night) that's just speculation on your part yet again.

You what surprises me? That you're a lawyer considering your comprehension, spelling, grammar and logic are so bad. lol

9 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

Dude, you have no idea what you're talking about yet again.

My 'spin' about every business having growing pains was in response to someone stating that in the first 3 years Voldy had issues.

As far as a rescue white knight (not night) that's just speculation on your part yet again.

You what surprises me? That you're a lawyer considering your comprehension, spelling, grammar and logic are so bad. lol

It's easy to say I have bad grammar...but it the issues and points that I made is what   counts...you cannot deflect away from points nor the issues raised . My point is "who is responsible here"....I say Management who had been in the same business for 10 years...you say "growing pains"..".short comings"...I understand why you attack me....

Edited by Mmehdy

10 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

It's easy to say I have bad grammar...but it the issues and points that I made is what   counts...you cannot deflect away from points nor the issues raised . My point is "who is responsible here"....I say Management who had been in the same business for 10 years...you say "growing pains"..".short comings"...I understand why you attack me....

You didn't make any points. Just wild speculation. Again.

9 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

You didn't make any points. Just wild speculation. Again.

I did not make your own statements in response to the Voldy announcement...you did and did not qualify them, second if the lawsuit if correct this was "fire sale", at best it's a "white night" merger if they did not need to do it, but very announcement seems to give us clues as to why they did. You  are trying to defend the indefensible. It is not speculation it is reality that legal or illegal according to Fla court there was a sale or transfer of something to Becketts. and their own corporate spin...which is the best way to spin it for them even alludes to their need for improvement or additional services or staff...that is a fact.

Edited by Mmehdy