• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Metropolis is Suing Voldemort
5 5

762 posts in this topic

46 minutes ago, The Resurrection said:

???

I understand posting personal info if the person is cheating the group or you want to warn others about criminal activities but bringing arguments to our personal lives is over the top in my opinion.  It got taken down so no harm no foul.

Edited by 1Cool

25 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

I understand posting personal info if the person is cheating the group or you want to warn others about criminal activities but bringing arguments to our personal lives is over the top in my opinion.  It got taken down so no harm no foul.

Oh, I didn't see that. Yea, that's a little too low for me

34 minutes ago, The Resurrection said:

Oh, I didn't see that. Yea, that's a little too low for me

What ?

Oh spare me.  

You (and one or two others) have done absolutely nothing in this thread but (feebly attempt to) engage in similar politics of destruction.  

You've name called, thinly masked vulgarities, openly belittled people and even cheer-led VintageComics as he repeatedly hounded me for my own personal information (no doubt in order to do something similar to what BlowuptheMoon just pulled with Mitch).  This style of, *ahem*, debate, only appeals to the lowest common denominator, is typically the final tactic of someone who already knows they've lost, and needless to say the usual suspects have lapped it up with glee as if anything you say will somehow redeem the credibility of your favourite failed company or stop them from feeling worried about all those Voldy slabs in their collection or inventory from potentially losing even more value compared to CGC books. What's even more shocking is the post count or the amount of time some of you posting here have been on these boards.  And seriously, this is the best that you can do when someone disagrees with you ?

I mean, really ?

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

12 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

What ?

Oh spare me.  

You (and one or two others) have done absolutely nothing in this thread but (feebly attempt to) engage in similar politics of destruction.  

You've name called, thinly masked vulgarities, openly belittled people and even cheer-led VintageComics as he repeatedly hounded me for my own personal information (no doubt in order to do something similar to what BlowuptheMoon just pulled with Mitch).  This style of, *ahem*, debate, only appeals to the lowest common denominator, is typically the final tactic of someone who already knows they've lost, and needless to say the usual suspects have lapped it up with glee as if anything you say will somehow redeem the credibility of your favourite failed company or stop them from feeling worried about all those Voldy slabs in their collection or inventory from potentially losing even more value compared to CGC books. What's even more shocking is the post count or the amount of time some of you posting here have been on these boards.  And seriously, this is the best that you can do when someone disagrees with you ?

I mean, really ?

-J.

Honestly, you're a black hole for arguments. And the fact that you try and act the "victim" after all the passive aggressive , and Sh#t stirring you do is insulting to not only yourself, but every other person who reads the trash you post. You are literally a constant troll who (for whatever reason) does nothing but try and cause chaos. So please, don't even for one split second believe that you can speak a single word about me, my credibility here, within the hobby, or amongst those who deal with me in person. Because you further embarrass yourself, as I have always been very accessible to anybody who wanted to shake hands or chat, while you hide behind the moniker of "jaydogrules".

2 hours ago, The Resurrection said:

Which has absolutely NOTHING to do with your false claims of bankruptcy, and creating a company solely for the reason of later selling it to CGC. Which one of your comments do you actually BELIEVE?

I have never said the word "bankrupt", after reading the complaint it appears that a shell company is left, don't put words in my mouth. If you think the claims of the complaint are false that is your opinion. At some point down the road, if Beckett's gets tired of the comic biz, there is the possibly of a merger/purchase, especially in the future if the comic book market itself shrinks due to a lack of readership and printed hard copy publications and consolation makes economic sense. They did create a company and did according to the compliant transfer or sell it as the and company statements have confirmed that as well. Where it ends up still has to be determined but I would think down the road don't count out a combo of the two business in some form. Time will tell.

Edited by Mmehdy

3 hours ago, VintageComics said:

Mitch, you're doing exactly the same thing that Jaydogrules is doing. You are using a combination of speculation, sensationalism and  catch phrases to try and prove you and some sort of factual point to make.

You don't. The only people that know what's involved here are those that are directly involved with both the merger and the lawsuit.

I would think that having legal experience you'd by the first to stick to the facts of the case and also support that belief that people are 'innocent until proven guilty'.

I don't know how many times I need to explain to you. Guilty is a finding in a criminal case, it has nothing to do with a civil case.  There is, again no "beyond the reasonable doubt theory. Metro does not have to provide to that  standard to win the lawsuit. Nobody is guilty of any crime, this is a business dispute. There is no speculation, the lawsuit has been filed, please read it...twice if you have the time. I cannot believe your disrespect for Metro. If you look at the compliant, they assert that Voldy moved to texas, Voldy announced itself they moved to texas, there are a lot facts that cannot be disputed or defended here. Metro claims to have be wronged and has gone to civil court to ask for justice. The odds of Metro making this stuff up are very low given their historical standing and current comic book market standing in this community. That is my OPINION, not a fact.

Edited by Mmehdy

4 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

I don't know how many times I need to explain to you. Guilty is a finding in a criminal case, it has nothing to do with a civil case.  There is, again no "beyond the reasonable doubt theory. Metro does not have to provide to that  standard to win the lawsuit. Nobody is guilty of any crime, this is a business dispute. There is no speculation, the lawsuit has been filed, please read it...twice if you have the time. I cannot believe your disrespect for Metro. If you look at the compliant, they assert that Voldy moved to texas, Voldy announced itself they moved to texas, there are a lot facts that cannot be disputed or defended here. Metro claims to have be wronged and has gone to civil court to ask for justice. The odds of Metro making this stuff up are very low given their historical standing and current comic book market standing in this community. 

I don't believe anyone has disputed Metro filing a lawsuit against CBCS.  Will they win the case?  I and anyone not in on the process can only guess.  Is their case sound - could be but once again its only a guess.  I don't think I've heard anyone disparage Metro in any way but maybe I missed a post.  I believe a lot of the issues that have happened is you are using statements that are so definitive when you are just guessing - Jaydog does the same thing and he gets people up in arms also.  If you want to bash CBCS then say "its my opinion that CBCS has run itself into the ground and I'm disappointed".  But you and Jaydog use statements like CBCS is garbage and sold out because they are failures in every way.  One is an expression of your opinion and the other is bashing a group of long standing comic enthusiast with no evidence to back up why they are failures and no definite numbers to support why they are garbage (using the example above).

Just now, 1Cool said:

I don't believe anyone has disputed Metro filing a lawsuit against CBCS.  Will they win the case?  I and anyone not in on the process can only guess.  Is their case sound - could be but once again its only a guess.  I don't think I've heard anyone disparage Metro in any way but maybe I missed a post.  I believe a lot of the issues that have happened is you are using statements that are so definitive when you are just guessing - Jaydog does the same thing and he gets people up in arms also.  If you want to bash CBCS then say "its my opinion that CBCS has run itself into the ground and I'm disappointed".  But you and Jaydog use statements like CBCS is garbage and sold out because they are failures in every way.  One is an expression of your opinion and the other is bashing a group of long standing comic enthusiast with no evidence to back up why they are failures and no definite numbers to support why they are garbage (using the example above).

With all due respect both Micth and I  (and a couple others, including you to a certain extent) have laid out plenty of circumstantial evidence throughout this thread which support our conclusion as to the unfortunate fate of this company.  

And again, being a smart, altruistic comic book enthusiast does not necessarily equate to smart, capable management of a (successful) business. Maybe Beckett will do better. Maybe they won't.  Not getting immediately sued by one of the biggest dealers in the hobby certainly would have been a better start.  

-J.

16 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Good point,  I need to clarify a few things. I am not a Voldy basher, I find however the complaint to be troubling and following the "money " to texas it appears Metro claim is very credible. If it is in fact true, I would never do business with them in the future if that was the case. Let me clear the air here...my statements are my OPINON, not facts. There are some facts in this dispute that the parties both agree upon. I am not here to offend anybody, I am just disappointed that it has come to this as I feel a second viable competitor would make BOTH companies perform better and possible more efficiently such that cost reductions could be passed on to us true comic book collectors. I never said or used the term "garbage" for any company. The fact is they did sell or transfer their assets..they did make the statement themselves saying it would provide better customer service....I never said that...Voldy did. I wish them luck, and maybe with Becketts management in charge, Voldy can truly become a competitor that can make a positive  impact the comic book grading world for all of us.

Edited by Mmehdy

10 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

With all due respect both Micth and I  (and a couple others, including you to a certain extent) have laid out plenty of circumstantial evidence throughout this thread which support our conclusion as to the unfortunate fate of this company.  

And again, being a smart, altruistic comic book enthusiast does not necessarily equate to smart, capable management of a (successful) business. Maybe Beckett will do better. Maybe they won't.  Not getting immediately sued by one of the biggest dealers in the hobby certainly would have been a better start.  

-J.

I've stated my opinion and concentrated on the facts so we could have a discussion.  I don't own stock in CBCS or CGC or own any CBCS slab so I'm interested in hearing opinions and getting info about why they sold and if this lawsuit could damage the hobby in any way.  You seem to have a knack of enticing people and making statements that attack a situation rather then compliment a discussion.  You are definitely not a victim any more then the kid with a big mouth that starts the fight and then complains when they get hit.  You kind of feel bad that they got hit but hot damn they really need to watch how they say things.

25 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

-J.

I think all of us, including you, wanted Steve to succeed and shared his vision of a improving comic book grading world. How it turned out seems possibly unfair at the very least to Metro. I have been critical many times of the CGC in the past as well. Where we go from here is up to Becketts...if they are in the comic book  grading biz to stay and make the commitment then watch them create more partnerships with some of the largest comic book dealers in the county. Again, it would not surprise me to see a team up of Mycomicshop, etc to jump business and submissions since they are so close together now. It has the potential  at the very least. But when you are no longer in control, and have a corporate structure the real issue is going to be what this company is really about..short term profit or long term profit  and who is in charge at that time. The wild card in this business move is HA.com...again in the same neighborhood. I would not be surprised if Becketts makes some type of overture to Ha with there new grading company.

Edited by Mmehdy

27 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

I've stated my opinion and concentrated on the facts so we could have a discussion.  I don't own stock in CBCS or CGC or own any CBCS slab so I'm interested in hearing opinions and getting info about why they sold and if this lawsuit could damage the hobby in any way.  You seem to have a knack of enticing people and making statements that attack a situation rather then compliment a discussion.  You are definitely not a victim any more then the kid with a big mouth that starts the fight and then complains when they get hit.  You kind of feel bad that they got hit but hot damn they really need to watch how they say things.

No.  

First of all, no one has "hit" me anywhere.  Calling someone names is simply bush league and well beneath the supposedly professional, educated collectors and businessmen some if these people all so clearly want us to believe they are. I have never called myself a "victim", and there are numerous classy, professional, respectful boardies on these boards that know exactly who I am personally that I have done many amazing deals with.  

What you actually have here is a small, dedicated group of Voldy investors/collectors/apologists who do not like or want ANY-thing that could be construed as even a mild critique of the defunct company to be said, and then practically immediately descend into the personal, vulgar, tacky and obscene if they are called out on it. 

And if you consider any of that to be "fair play" in an honest debate, then, quite frankly, you are no better than they are.  Big difference between quibbling with someone over their debate style and attacking somene personally, name calling, and the other sort of similar bottom feeding tactics that a few people have been doing in this thread. 

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

37 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

I do not own stock in either company . You question on how this lawsuit damages the comic book hobby, in my OPINION there are both long term and short term  potential  damages to our hobby. Long term, as I stated above this new company is in the hands of Beckett...is this a long term hold with investment or a short term play..to merge or sell to either Ha or CGC.....its Beckett's call now,. Short term,  the lawsuit could effect Beckett's hold position, especially if it becomes messy and some type of court order which requires a move back to Fla etc, costs of litigation, and damage to reputation. If we have a healthily  comic book grading market, we all win, better customer service, prices, an motivation to improve and expand. If the lawsuit get super messy, the issue will be  Beckett's holding power balanced with the amount of investment the company made to acquire Voldy.

Edited by Mmehdy

8 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

No.  

First of all, no one has "hit" me anywhere.  Calling someone names is simply bush league and well beneath the supposedly professional, educated collectors and businessmen some if these people all so clearly want us to believe they are. I have never called myself a "victim", and there are numerous classy, professional, respectful boardies on these boards that know exactly who I am personally that I have done many amazing deals with.  

What you actually have here is a small, dedicated group of Voldy investors/collectors/apologists who do not like or want ANY-thing that could be construed as even a mild critique of the defunct company to be said, and then practically immediately descend into the personal, vulgar, tacky and obscene if they are called out on it. 

And if you consider any of that to be "fair play" in an honest debate, then, quite frankly, you are no better than they are.  Big difference between quibbling with someone over their debate style and attacking somene personally, name calling, and the other sort of similar bottom feeding that a few people have been doing in this thread. 

-J.

What you see as "mild critique" of a company is not what I define at mild.  Are you saying a group of pro CBCS collectors are on the CGC web site and they are attacking you since they can't have you telling the world negative things about a company they are invested in?  You are that important that they just can't handle you bringing to light all the things they hope would go away.  You have so much influence that they feel you may crash the price of CBCS slabs with your insight and definitive knowledge? 

6 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

What you see as "mild critique" of a company is not what I define at mild.  Are you saying a group of pro CBCS collectors are on the CGC web site and they are attacking you since they can't have you telling the world negative things about a company they are invested in?  You are that important that they just can't handle you bringing to light all the things they hope would go away.  You have so much influence that they feel you may crash the price of CBCS slabs with your insight and definitive knowledge? 

I'm at a loss to figure out how you got any of this from what I posted.  

-J.

5 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

I do not own stock in either company . You question on how this lawsuit damages the comic book hobby, in my OPINION there are both long term and short term  potential  damages to our hobby. Long term, as I stated above this new company is in the hands of Beckett...is this a long term hold with investment or a short term play..to merge or sell to either Ha or CGC.....its Beckett's call now,. Short term,  the lawsuit could effect Beckett's hold position, especially if it becomes messy and some type of court order which requires a move back to Fla etc, costs of litigation, and damage to reputation. If we have a healthily  comic book grading market, we all win, better customer service, prices, an motivation to improve and expand. If the lawsuit get super messy, the issue will be Beckett's holding power.

Valid points.  But unless HA has some business arraignment that would nullify a sale of the company (doubt it but I guess its not out of the question) then HA may seek damages and get a pay day.  Are we possibly talking about a sum of money that Beckett would pull out of the sale?  Can't even guess what price that would be but I'd think it would be high and without knowing how much cash we are talking about then its all speculation.  Having a large company sue you is never good but it happens all the time in the corporate world so lets just wait to see how it all plays out and then adjust from there.

One final opinion  and I am off this thead until more facts are known, unless somebody attacks me further. If you asked me where I thought Voldy would go, I would of assumed it would have been to merged or bought by Mile High comics. They have lots of room upstairs to install an in-house grading system and with that type of stock, over 10 million comic books they could offer their customers an unbeatable graded book, I know their prices are " mile high" that would of been an interesting fit. If Becketts were sell  Vodly today, the natural merger would be with Mycomicshops....if they wanted to avoid the a merger of the CGC. As I  stated earlier , they appears to be an upcoming Dallas comic book show that they are co-promoting.

Edited by Mmehdy

7 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Valid points.  But unless HA has some business arraignment that would nullify a sale of the company (doubt it but I guess its not out of the question) then HA may seek damages and get a pay day.  Are we possibly talking about a sum of money that Beckett would pull out of the sale?  Can't even guess what price that would be but I'd think it would be high and without knowing how much cash we are talking about then its all speculation.  Having a large company sue you is never good but it happens all the time in the corporate world so lets just wait to see how it all plays out and then adjust from there.

All signs point to this (Beckett taking over Voldy) not being a full arm's length transaction, so what Mitch describes is not outside the realm of possibility.  

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules