• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Metropolis is Suing Voldemort
5 5

762 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Jaydogrules said:

I'm at a loss to figure out how you got any of this from what I posted.  

-J.

That's kind of the problem, you're not very self aware.

4 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

That's kind of the problem, you're not very self aware.

Pot meet kettle.  

Or maybe 1Cool could have just addressed his post to the class acts who've been engaging in the personal attacks in the first place. :idea:

-J.

1 minute ago, Jaydogrules said:

Pot meet kettle.  

Or maybe 1Cool could have just addressed his post to the class acts who've been engaging in the personal attacks in the first place. :idea:

-J.

How is that pot meet kettle? You're spouting a lot of speculation which I know for a FACT to be false and you don't care. If someone disagrees, you accuse them of having money invested in the products or company or both.

Do you know what self awareness is? I can google it for you if you like.

10 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

How is that pot meet kettle? You're spouting a lot of speculation which I know for a FACT to be false and you don't care. If someone disagrees, you accuse them of having money invested in the products or company or both.

Do you know what self awareness is? I can google it for you if you like.

The public facts I'm looking at are that this company failed,  is insolvent and is being sued for breach of contract and fraud.  I don't care if you disagree or agree with my statements, but getting personal is inappropriate and bush league.  The depths to which some of these people have sunk in their attacks is shocking and that kind of defensiveness I can only assume is because they have a vested interest and are genuinely nervous about what this all means.  And I know for a fact that many if not most of the people going off the rails do in fact sell or collect Voldy slabs.  It is a reasonable inference based on their very unreasonable behavior.  

If you have additional "facts" to share, post it a long with supporting documentation. 

Otherwise your deliberately cryptic and vague comments are no more or less reliable or credible than if you said Donald Duck whispered super top secret secrets in your ear while you slept. 

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

2 hours ago, Mmehdy said:

Good point,  I need to clarify a few things. I am not a Voldy basher, I find however the complaint to be troubling and following the "money " to texas it appears Metro claim is very credible. If it is in fact true, I would never do business with them in the future if that was the case. Let me clear the air here...my statements are my OPINON, not facts. There are some facts in this dispute that the parties both agree upon. I am not here to offend anybody, I am just disappointed that it has come to this as I feel a second viable competitor would make BOTH companies perform better and possible more efficiently such that cost reductions could be passed on to us true comic book collectors. I never said or used the term "garbage" for any company. The fact is they did sell or transfer their assets..they did make the statement themselves saying it would provide better customer service....I never said that...Voldy did. I wish them luck, and maybe with Becketts management in charge, Voldy can truly become a competitor that can make a positive  impact the comic book grading world for all of us.

This, is by far, the best post I ever read from you.

On 5/10/2018 at 1:36 PM, Jaydogrules said:

You obviously have bought more Voldy slabs than prudence or common sense should have dictated.  Sorry to hear that.  But a duck is still a duck.  

-J.

I don't own a single one.  And so began in this thread your long litany of fallacies couched as facts and outright defamations that you now attempt to characterize as 'honest debate'.  :screwy:

Edited by namisgr

I think this bandwagon is exceeding the allowable road weight, and is not safe, and should be addressed by LEO.  

6 minutes ago, namisgr said:

I don't own a single one.  And so began in this thread your long litany of mistruths and outright defamations that you now attempt to characterize as 'honest debate'.  :screwy:

Where did I say you did ?

And what part is the "mis- truth"? That Voldy failed ? Is insolvent? Is being sued for fraud ?  Is being accused of breach of contract by one of the biggest dealers in the hobby? 

Do tell, what part of any of this isn't happening? Let the rationalizations, denials , and personal attacks continue. I can do this all day.  

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

I have also asked Lawyer J Noble Daggett to give a legal opinion on the matter,:preach:

2 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

And what part is the "mis- truth"? That Voldy failed ? Is insolvent?

-J.

yes and yes, for the two of your fallacies you've chosen to revisit.  That is, of course, unless you also consider Pixar to have been 'insolvent' when they were bought out by Disney, since for that matter every company that has been acquired via a sale of all of its assets can subsequently be called 'insolvent' since the acquirer now owns said assets.

Edited by namisgr

1 minute ago, namisgr said:

I don't own a single one.  And so began in this thread your long litany of mistruths and outright defamations that you now attempt to characterize as 'honest debate'.

Bob, how did CGC work out for you when you sold your JIM run? I think you were pretty heavy in the CGC game for quite a few years no?

What I find interesting is that people claim "interest" with another company because they simply have no idea what they are talking about, or who they are talking to. Facts, I have made a TON of cash of CGC grading books, I prefer CGC to any other company. But I also am a firm believer in honesty, integrity, and the overall health of this hobby. CGC needs to do better, they need good competition to keep them from getting any lazier than they are. If you want to believe that there is something underlying, that is nothing more than tin foil hat conspiracy theory mumbo jumbo. Voldy didn't fail.. they are growing, and that is GREAT as maybe, just maybe they will continue to influence CGC to do better. CGC has changed a good amount of things since VOLDY came around. Graders notes are free again, the modern era was rolled back to 1975 where they changed it to 1980, they have improved TATs, and have tried to keep their slabs the best in the industry. These are all things FORCED by healthy competition. So stop with the BS because the belief that CGC is the "be all, end all" is very bad for the hobby, and any company with no competition will ever stride to keep improving its product or service.

1 minute ago, The Resurrection said:

Bob, how did CGC work out for you when you sold your JIM run? I think you were pretty heavy in the CGC game for quite a few years no?

I once owned a near complete slabbed collection of Marvel SA superhero comics, of which the JIM run was just one.  They've all been sold, Pat.

1 minute ago, namisgr said:

yes and yes, for the two of your fallacies you've chosen to revisit.

Ah yes okay. Maybe you're right. Companies normally come in and pay top dollar ("asset sale", remember?) for smaller companies that have barely existed for any significant period of time, are prone to getting sued for fraud, and never were able to achieve an average market penetration of ~5% sell through (about what PGX achieved at their height)

Got it.  (thumbsu

-J.

4 minutes ago, Mr.Mcknowitall said:

I have also asked Lawyer J Noble Daggett to give a legal opinion on the matter,:preach:

Dag-nabbit

6 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

Ah yes okay. Maybe you're right. Companies normally come in and pay top dollar ("asset sale", remember?) for smaller companies that have barely existed for any significant period of time, are prone to getting sued for fraud, and never were able to achieve an average market penetration of ~5% sell through (about what PGX achieved at their height)

-J.

Now you imply you know how much Beckett paid for Voldemort.  Tell us, how much?  And how much of a market share does Voldemort need in order to turn a profit?  In order to be considered highly profitable?  How much market share will they have three years from now, when they've been integrated into a much larger entity with a lot more resources?

You don't know any of these things, nor do you seem to know anything about how much business different posters have given to Voldemort (fallaciously suggesting they/me have some vested interest in the company), yet continue to sling the bullcarp as if your posts aren't actually littered with fallacies and defamations one right after another.  

Edited by namisgr

1 hour ago, Jaydogrules said:

The public facts I'm looking at are that this company failed,  is insolvent and is being sued for breach of contract and fraud.  I don't care if you disagree or agree with my statements, but getting personal is inappropriate and bush league.  The depths to which some of these people have sunk in their attacks is shocking and that kind of defensiveness I can only assume is because they have a vested interest and are genuinely nervous about what this all means.  And I know for a fact that many if not most of the people going off the rails do in fact sell or collect Voldy slabs.  It is a reasonable inference based on their very unreasonable behavior.  

If you have additional "facts" to share, post it a long with supporting documentation. 

Otherwise your deliberately cryptic and vague comments are no more or less reliable or credible than if you said Donald Duck whispered super top secret secrets in your ear while you slept. 

-J.

Will you apologize when you're proven wrong? Are you capable of doing that?

47 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

Will you apologize when you're proven wrong? Are you capable of doing that?

Admitting you're wrong is a great feeling.  Makes you feel you're strong enough to handle it, for one thing.  Not many are.  It's Chuck Norris stuff, really.

Edited by kav