• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Metropolis is Suing Voldemort
5 5

762 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, The Resurrection said:

You present no facts and then demand them from others. This is why people get so irritated with you. It's not even comical.

Fact- They are insolvent ("asset sale" from bankruptcy, or to avert one?).

Fact- They never achieved significant or meaningful market penetration.  

Fact- Their con presence over the last 18 months or so has been slight to non-existent.

Fact- Turn times have been embarrassingly bad (layoffs?).

Fact- No Twitter updates in over six months  (was previously used to announce con appearances and new services).

Fact- They essentially went out of business.

Fact- Beckett has taken over (the true circumstances of which are not fully known but reasonable conclusions can be drawn).

Fact- The new version of the company is moving to Texas to "improve its services".

Fact- The new company is being sued for breach of contract.  

Fact- The new company has been accused of fraud by one of the biggest dealers in the hobby.  

Facts.  :cloud9:

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

Can you list some actual facts?

The only one I see that's even half correct are the TAT's and not for the reason you listed.

Oh..and the one about Twitter, but don't let their regular Facebook presence get in the way.

19 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

Fact- Their con presence over the last 18 months or so has been slight to non-existent.

Fact- No Twitter updates in over six months  (was previously used to announce con appearances and new services).

Fact- Beckett has taken over (the true circumstances of which are not fully known but reasonable conclusions can be drawn).

Fact- The new version of the company is moving to Texas to "improve its services".

Fact- The new company has been accused of fraud by one of the biggest dealers in the hobby.  

-J.

Again, those are primarily opinions of yours based off of speculation. Show me anything proving they were going out of business, they always had good presence at conventions (I attend a lot of them on the East Coast), Twitter is useless for comics, and their FB presence is updated daily if not more, they are moving to Texas as that is where Beckett is, their TAT's are due to increased submissions. So AGAIN these are assumptions made by you with nothing at all to back them up. Swing and a MISS............ again.

7 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

Can you list some actual facts?

The only one I see that's even half correct are the TAT's and not for the reason you listed.

Oh..and the one about Twitter, but don't let their regular Facebook presence get in the way.

None of these are facts, save the Metropolis accusation. Other than that it's all assumptions that because he states them over and over they are facts.

FYI - Big companies buy smaller companies when they believe the smaller company has great potential for profit. There is no reason to buy a failing company unless they are your competitor. Having to explain this to anyone is embarrassing.

Edited by The Resurrection

5 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

What ?

Oh spare me.  

You (and one or two others) have done absolutely nothing in this thread but (feebly attempt to) engage in similar politics of destruction.  

You've name called, thinly masked vulgarities, openly belittled people and even cheer-led VintageComics as he repeatedly hounded me for my own personal information (no doubt in order to do something similar to what BlowuptheMoon just pulled with Mitch).  This style of, *ahem*, debate, only appeals to the lowest common denominator, is typically the final tactic of someone who already knows they've lost, and needless to say the usual suspects have lapped it up with glee as if anything you say will somehow redeem the credibility of your favourite failed company or stop them from feeling worried about all those Voldy slabs in their collection or inventory from potentially losing even more value compared to CGC books. What's even more shocking is the post count or the amount of time some of you posting here have been on these boards.  And seriously, this is the best that you can do when someone disagrees with you ?

I mean, really ?

-J.

3 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

No.  

First of all, no one has "hit" me anywhere.  Calling someone names is simply bush league and well beneath the supposedly professional, educated collectors and businessmen some if these people all so clearly want us to believe they are. I have never called myself a "victim", and there are numerous classy, professional, respectful boardies on these boards that know exactly who I am personally that I have done many amazing deals with.  

What you actually have here is a small, dedicated group of Voldy investors/collectors/apologists who do not like or want ANY-thing that could be construed as even a mild critique of the defunct company to be said, and then practically immediately descend into the personal, vulgar, tacky and obscene if they are called out on it. 

And if you consider any of that to be "fair play" in an honest debate, then, quite frankly, you are no better than they are.  Big difference between quibbling with someone over their debate style and attacking somene personally, name calling, and the other sort of similar bottom feeding tactics that a few people have been doing in this thread. 

-J.

2 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

Pot meet kettle.  

Or maybe 1Cool could have just addressed his post to the class acts who've been engaging in the personal attacks in the first place. :idea:

-J.

2 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

The public facts I'm looking at are that this company failed,  is insolvent and is being sued for breach of contract and fraud.  I don't care if you disagree or agree with my statements, but getting personal is inappropriate and bush league.  The depths to which some of these people have sunk in their attacks is shocking and that kind of defensiveness I can only assume is because they have a vested interest and are genuinely nervous about what this all means.  And I know for a fact that many if not most of the people going off the rails do in fact sell or collect Voldy slabs.  It is a reasonable inference based on their very unreasonable behavior.  

If you have additional "facts" to share, post it a long with supporting documentation. 

Otherwise your deliberately cryptic and vague comments are no more or less reliable or credible than if you said Donald Duck whispered super top secret secrets in your ear while you slept. 

-J.

lollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollol

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Sorry, are you not the one who constantly claims that I am not even a real person? Have I been confusing you with somebody else this entire time?

You have zero credibility. Actually, your credibility is far below zero. When you actually bother to try to back up your ridiculous claims, it's always with something irrelevant. This thread is no exception.

Now you're accusing anybody who disagrees with you of being heavily invested in Voldy slabs. Obviously that's an acceptable tactic (to deflect attention from the fact that you have no facts). 9_9

17 hours ago, Mmehdy said:

you must be the 1%...

Don’t know - maybe you are right - maybe you are wrong. Only thing I know - is that if you really are a lawyer then God help the people/company you represent

Edited by Poka
Spelling

4 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

-J.

Untrue or not these aren't facts, but mere observations.

6 hours ago, Poka said:

Don’t know - maybe you are right - maybe you are wrong. Only thing I know - is that if you really are a lawyer then God help the people/company you represent

Comments like this are provocative and hostile, and only contribute to conflict on the board. They serve no good purpose, and are a direct violation of the terms of use.

And there's been a lot of this in this thread, all the way around.

7 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Comments like this are provocative and hostile, and only contribute to conflict on the board. They serve no good purpose, and are a direct violation of the terms of use.

And there's been a lot of this in this thread, all the way around.

The comment was a fact based on the low bar this thread sets for presenting facts.  

and of the >700 replies this was the post you felt the need to comment on - :hi:

Edited by Poka
spelling

11 minutes ago, Poka said:

The comment was a fact based on the low bar this thread sets for presenting facts.  

Maybe respond to the persons setting the low bar, and then try to set a higher notch to achieve. Or, in the alternative, set a higher bar with the response you decide to make.

35 minutes ago, Poka said:

and of the >700 replies this was the post you felt the need to comment on - :hi:

Ah, yes, the "it's just a fact" defense to mask an insult.

If I call Bill Cosby a scumbag rapist, am I insulting him, or am I just stating "a fact"...?

It's both. 

The fact is, your comment was unnecessary, contentious, hostile, and designed solely to engender conflict. If you have a disagreement, state it. Saying "God help the people/company you represent" is just you firing off a shot to take a dig at someone else. Nothing more, nothing less. A fair, just, and reasonable person will recognize that and refrain.

And if you had been paying attention, you would have noticed I've made several comments along these lines in this thread. I highly recommend paying attention. It can only help.

:hi:

Edited by RockMyAmadeus

13 minutes ago, Mr.Mcknowitall said:

Maybe respond to the persons setting the low bar, and then try to set a higher notch to achieve. Or, in the alternative, set a higher bar with the response you decide to make.

Excellent advice.

19 hours ago, The Resurrection said:

Again, those are primarily opinions of yours based off of speculation. Show me anything proving they were going out of business, they always had good presence at conventions (I attend a lot of them on the East Coast), Twitter is useless for comics, and their FB presence is updated daily if not more, they are moving to Texas as that is where Beckett is, their TAT's are due to increased submissions. So AGAIN these are assumptions made by you with nothing at all to back them up. Swing and a MISS............ again.

Pat, Voldy books (especially Modern keys) from what I have seen generally sell for less than CGC in the same grade.

That was all I ever needed to know at any point of this, plus their case blows balls.

Voldy has and will forever be to me where CGC 9.8 rejects go to become weak Voldy 9.8's.

I not debating that CGC is perfect, but Voldy has proven to me that they are the WCW of the comic book grading world while CGC is still the WWE. 

Edited by NewWorldOrder

1 minute ago, NewWorldOrder said:

Pat, Voldy books (especially Modern keys) from what I have seen generally sell for less than CGC in the same grade.

That was all I ever needed to know at any point of this, plus there case blows balls.

Voldy has and will forever be to me where CGC 9.8 rejects go to become weak Voldy 9.8's.

I have no issue selling either one. And honestly, I am not fond of the newton rings. But the false narrative of "they sell for less" hasn't held true, although early on it had.

6 minutes ago, The Resurrection said:

I have no issue selling either one. And honestly, I am not fond of the newton rings. But the false narrative of "they sell for less" hasn't held true, although early on it had.

What Newton Rings?  Really isnt an issue anymore. 

I just sold the same book big key Bronze book in Voldy 9.8 for $1050 the following week sold the CGC 9.8 for $1700 both at auction.  I have to disagree on that with you on that because I have seen price differences time and time again on these two companies in the same grade.

I am not saying that its usually that big of a difference but a Hulk #181 CGC 9.4 lets say usually sells for 10-20% more than the Voldy Hulk #181 in the same grade.

Good news on what really matters in life our Eagles won the Superbowl. :foryou:

2 hours ago, Poka said:

If you stop quoting it, I won't have to see what it says :(