• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Metropolis is Suing Voldemort
5 5

762 posts in this topic

41 minutes ago, NewWorldOrder said:

I just sold the same book big key Bronze book in Voldy 9.8 for $1050 the following week sold the CGC 9.8 for $1700 both at auction.  I have to disagree on that with you on that because I have seen price differences time and time again on these two companies in the same grade.

Why would a CBCS in 9.8 be listed at a different price than a CGC 9.8?  I would price CGC and CBCS the same according to past GPA.  I could see a concession being made for PGX, but I'd never drop prices between the other two companies. 

18 minutes ago, HENRYSPENCER said:
1 hour ago, NewWorldOrder said:

I just sold the same book big key Bronze book in Voldy 9.8 for $1050 the following week sold the CGC 9.8 for $1700 both at auction.  I have to disagree on that with you on that because I have seen price differences time and time again on these two companies in the same grade.

Why would a CBCS in 9.8 be listed at a different price than a CGC 9.8?  I would price CGC and CBCS the same according to past GPA.  I could see a concession being made for PGX, but I'd never drop prices between the other two companies. 

key word .... "auction" :foryou: or are you stating that voldy shouldn't go to auction head to head with cgc and should both be listed at BIN price? Given the Auction results, I'd still list the CGC at a higher BIN price hoping someone would bite....edit clarify,,,, put the voldy at gpa and cgc at slightly higher (thumbsu 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM
clarify.... :)

25 minutes ago, HENRYSPENCER said:

Which is probably why CGC sells a larger percentage of books listed then CBCS,  If sellers post up CBCS books at GPA they usually sit and sit (unless they are so rare that people are willing to pay for any copy.

1 hour ago, NewWorldOrder said:

But John, if the Voldy 9.8 would get a grade of 9.6 from CGC under one of their strict grading periods, it probably sells for a comparable if not greater amount in the Voldy slab.

16 minutes ago, seanfingh said:

A lot of the sensationalism sturm and drang is misplaced.  Many people have a significant "black/white" issue with legal disputes.  If someone filed a lawsuit, they must have really been aggrieved. If someone got sued, they must really have done something wrong. If someone sold their assets, they must really be in trouble.  None of these things are necessarily true.  Whatever the nature of the contract dispute between Metro and Voldy, only one thing is really certain - Metro felt their best option was to file suit.  Possibly settlement discussions broke down, or never got off the ground. Possibly Metro really felt that they were going to lose any opportunity to recover because of the Beckett deal. Possibly, Metro saw the opportunity to use the litigation to get even more favorable terms from the new entity, in light of what they perceived as a breach of contract with the old entity.

I feel compelled to continue to try to put a little real life into this thread (and make it clear that all of my speculation is just that) because the shoe banging, pontificating, bloviating, posturing and full blown carnival barking is out of hand.  This type of thing happens hundreds of times a day, every day.  In construction, tech, health care, personal services, manufacturing, transportation etc.  The fact that this one involves comic books does not make the quacking bird any less a duck.     

Sean, I can't believe you have presented a completely level headed overview of this. I can only anticipate you will now be the motor home at the end of "Race With the Devil."

In Laotian Europe. Or Laotian Canada. Not in Asia. Asia just won't claim them. All the darn maps that are going to have to be done over. Really sad.

2 minutes ago, seanfingh said:

Your head and are not properly wired together. Which is worse?

Are you taking anatomy lessons from Jaydog?

1 hour ago, seanfingh said:

I'm pretty sure you know what it said before Big Brother zapped my masking.

I don't know if you know this but we stick to facts in this thread.

You might go with your high and mighty guesses in other threads but facts, bro, facts.