• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Metropolis is Suing Voldemort
5 5

762 posts in this topic

On May 18, 2018 at 1:02 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Ah, I had forgotten about the move.

I cannot see why they would pull out of a show, unless possibly they cannot take on a great number of submissions...

On 5/15/2018 at 11:07 PM, Mmehdy said:

HA  who also does cards  metro does not, and could offer "no charge" in house grading in return for consigning the items to their company giving a leg up to their competitions. It is a natural extension of their business in addition look for HA to add a restoration company or expand the "other" guy and offer those services. Combined with the best website hands down, best catalog hands down, that would make a might trio for their competition to over come. They could restore, grade, slab and sell the book in house.....tough to beat

Heritage from what I've heard is already an investor in Certified Guaranty Company.  Can't see them wanting to play on both sides of the fence.

10 hours ago, Mmehdy said:

I cannot see why they would pull out of a show, unless possibly they cannot take on a great number of submissions...

This was their presence at the Nickel City ComicCon. 

IMG_20180519_123259830_BURST000_COVER_TOP.thumb.jpg.e7a17a4159e42b87c18fdd16a1b1128e.jpg

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 3:32 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Voldy was supposed to have on site grading at the Nickel City Con here in Buffalo this weekend.  They canceled.

Looks like they canceled all of their on site grading.

cbcs.thumb.jpg.9fff1f0b47f19983818f0de3f7f7ff3b.jpg

They are preparing to move. How would you have the resources to do both?

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 3:51 AM, Mmehdy said:

It must be worse than we know about....If Metro wins, it is gonna be a real mess, I would not surprised if Metro buys the "Other Guy" outright as part of  settlement.

You should probably do, some type of research before posting. they are relocating their operations and it's probably not in their best interests to try and wedge in on-site grading while relocating your entire company across the country.

So, as much as I LOVE speculation. I decided to actually ASK what was happening. Here is what I know.

1. They did not go, were not going bankrupt.

2. The Beckett move is looked at as a great thing for the company and the hobby.

3. They are relocating to another state, and that move is why they have experienced a delay in TATs.

So I GUESS. MAYBE.. They are just doing what they said they are.

2 hours ago, The Resurrection said:

So, as much as I LOVE speculation. I decided to actually ASK what was happening. Here is what I know.

2. The Beckett move is looked at as a great thing for the company and the hobby.

3. They are relocating to another state, and that move is why they have experienced a delay in TATs.

...there you go ruining a perfectly good thread with stupid facts :baiting: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

5 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:
3 hours ago, The Resurrection said:

...there you go ruining a perfectly good thread with stupid facts :baiting: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Don't worry.  We'll just ignore the facts and carry on. :)

5 hours ago, The Resurrection said:

You should probably do, some type of research before posting. they are relocating their operations and it's probably not in their best interests to try and wedge in on-site grading while relocating your entire company across the country.

Not if Metro wins the suit and again there could be some kind of option that CC had to purchase all or part of the company..they could move and be ordered back by the court.

9 hours ago, HENRYSPENCER said:

Heritage from what I've heard is already an investor in Certified Guaranty Company.  Can't see them wanting to play on both sides of the fence.

I don't think its the company, it might be Jim who  is cochairman  as he was at the very beginning a avid supporter of the CGC, he would be probably a passive investor/stock owner.

Edited by Mmehdy

1 hour ago, Mmehdy said:

CGC is kicking their....what a  poster  shot...

No offense sir, but most of your speculation is this thread has been so far off it's not even funny.

2 hours ago, Logan510 said:

No offense sir, but most of your speculation is this thread has been so far off it's not even funny.

no offense taken...the pic speaks for itself....CGC rules.

On 5/11/2018 at 7:52 PM, VintageComics said:

I saw several lawyers reply in this thread.

Tell me, what do you do for a living?

Did we ever find out what jdog does for a living?

12 minutes ago, Jerkfro said:

Not that I know of.

41 minutes ago, VintageComics said:
54 minutes ago, Jerkfro said:

Not that I know of.

Why am I not surprised meh

I've been out of the hobby for awhile, are there any threads I'm missing where people of had issues with CBCS?  Last I heard several years ago people were generally excited Steve B. was opening up another grading such to provide more consistency and competition in the marketplace.  At the time there were lots of dealers signing up to get books graded by them.

8 hours ago, Mmehdy said:

CGC is kicking their....what a  poster  shot...

Indeed.  This image perfectly summarizes why they went belly up.  

And I guess them "moving" also explains why they haven't updated their Twitter feed in over six months: :eyeroll:

https://mobile.twitter.com/cbcscomics?lang=en

The determined attempts of a few at rationalizations for this insolvent, failed company here, on the CGC boards, are simultaneously sad and amusing and ultimately futile. 

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules