• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Metropolis is Suing Voldemort
5 5

762 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, namisgr said:

To remind you, your thought is that Beckett might rethink its purchase.  Unless you've got anything tangible to support that contention, it's nothing more than something you thought of.

With the grading and encapsulation operation moving into Beckett corporate space in two weeks, there's tangible evidence that they fully intend to go into the comic book grading business.

I should change that to REGET, however the FLA court possibly change that down the road. To me, there is a honeymoon period, and the reality...the "other" can never catch up, with legal costs mounting  it could become a "corp" decision to sell it or shut it down. Metro is an 800LB gorilla that is not gonna go away easy...tough New Yorkers vs fought Texans...classic

Edited by Mmehdy

13 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

I believe when the company was first started they intended all along to merge with the CGC after 5 or 7 years at a premium price to CGC to obtain market share. You can check my early posts on this, when the company was first going forward. I was wrong but had the right idea...it was Beckets and probably for a heck of lot less than what there goal was $$ wise. Growing pains, bad decisions, CGC obtaining market share....were a part of that, Bankrupt I don't know, but we are being bought to get more $$$, bigger locations and everything is gonna be better does not tell the whole story...it's coprate SPIN.........so those of you who are buying what the "other" guy is saying 100% reason...just look sworn compaint by Mero and actions of the company...rather than the "spin"

I agree with this.  I also believe that the hope or expectation was that Voldy would obtain enough market share to make itself a buy out target of CGC to consolidate market share.  

Unfortunately, Voldy was never able to capture much more market than PGX has, turning CGC into a hard pass, so apparently "Plan B" was for Becket to go on a salvaging mission and then get sued by one of the largest comic dealers in the hobby for breach of contract.  

Definitely sounds like a winning company and game plan to me.  :tonofbricks:

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

10 minutes ago, Flee-Marquette said:

Wear a shirt that matches the Daisy Dukes. :gossip:

gacollectibles-daisy-dukes_zps4vae5j43.j

I was caught unprepared, per convention management request(ok, court order) I had just put my shirt back on.

Poor Steve, stuck forever in that image with me.  Even I want to unsee it. lol

1 minute ago, Jaydogrules said:

I agree with this.  I also believe that the hope or expectation was that Voldy would obtain enough market share to make itself a buy out target of CGC to do consolidate market share.  

Unfortunately, Voldy was never able to capture much more market than PGX has, turning CGC into a hard pass, so apparently "Plan B" was for Becket to go on a salvaging mission and then get sued by one of the largest comic dealers in the hobby for breach of contract.  

-J.

When you just lie for the sake of being a liar and a troll. Kudos!

14 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

The Fla court is gonna have something to say about this, which might be contrary to Becketts interest in retaining the company...whether its cash out of their  pocket, the return of the "other" guy or whatever, they are gonna have to deal with this lawsuit  and Meto is tough both in terms of $$$ and ownership. It is not my thought, it is a reality. Just because they change locations does not change the fact that they have to compete with CGC, which is gonna further dominate the market.

mmedhy, are you reading the lawsuit that Metro entered into an agreement with CBCS for X number of graded books for a flat fee, then when Beckett acquired CBCS they no longer want to honor the contract? Just want to make sure my understanding is correct.

Edited by HENRYSPENCER

1 minute ago, Jaydogrules said:

I agree with this.  I also believe that the hope or expectation was that Voldy would obtain enough market share to make itself a buy out target of CGC to do consolidate market share.  

-J.

More of a survival move.....that they had taken on more than they could handle submission wise or they did not have the " deep pockets" to fight it out...My critics need to look at the reality of the situation...nobody creates with such effort this new company and sells it...unless they have too...dont look at the "spin" follow the money.

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Wait, Are they Moving to Dallas, specifically?

I have no idea where Becket is.....:shy: I heard Texas, but not Dallas specifically....

Becket inc. is in Farmers Branch right on the outskirts of Dallas, interesting, I'd also be interested in what my LCS are thinking....

4 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

More of a survival move.....that they had taken on more than they could handle submission wise or they did not have the " deep pockets" to fight it out...My critics need to look at the reality of the situation...nobody creates with such effort this new company and sells it...unless they have too...dont look at the "spin" follow the money.

Basically what I've been saying the whole time.  We all know what really happened here.  But again, you have a few monied interests on here who are more interested in name calling and deflection as they attempt to perpetuate the spin (on CGC boards no less, the very definition of "tacky" IMO) than having an honest conversation about, among other things, all the things that Voldy did wrong that got them to this point. 

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Becket inc. is in Farmers Branch right on the outskirts of Dallas, interesting, I'd also be interested in what my LCS are thinking....

To be precise: 4635 McEwen Road, Dallas TX 75244.

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Wait, Are they Moving to Dallas, specifically?

I have no idea where Becket is.....:shy: I heard Texas, but not Dallas specifically....

GOOGLE IS MY FRIEND   giphy.gif still be curious to talk to my LCS, :foryou: 

11 minutes ago, HENRYSPENCER said:

mmedhy, are you reading the lawsuit that Metro entered into an agreement with CBCS for X number of graded books for a flat fee, then when Beckett acquired CBCS they no longer want to honor the contract? Just want to make sure my understanding is correct.

There is a possibly that the agreement contains other language which either is in the arbitration or in the vender agreement itself, their  breach which Meto is suing for and it could be for one or more of the provisions of that agreement. The lawsuit also says that VOLDY is a shell company now, with not real assets. So Jay's statement about Voldy is correct if the lawsuit pleading papers are accurate. There is much more story to come out.

Edited by Mmehdy