• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Metropolis is Suing Voldemort
5 5

762 posts in this topic

What cracks me up here is you have 1 guy who obviously was too much of a jerk to stay in the GA forum, and another guy who just makes things up as he goes along, and literally ignores any facts presented to him. And MAGICALLY.. They found each other.

1 minute ago, The Resurrection said:

Super duper worried. I have around 300 CGC slabs in my collection and 2 Voldy..

Shit, you just proved jaydogs assertion.  If you have 302 slabs and two are Voldies then the math clearly shows they went bankrupt.

2 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

Smart man. (thumbsu

-J.

It makes the damn point that I don't have a horse in the race "for" Voldy, but am interested in the hobby, which anyone in the hobby SHOULD be. Being a boot licker is embarrassing, and nobody should ever be afraid to speak about the state of the hobby in fear that one of the mods here may come get them. Like your boy Mitch.

15 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

Basically what I've been saying the whole time.  We all know what really happened here.  But again, you have a few monied interests on here who are more interested in name calling and deflection as they attempt to perpetuate the spin (on CGC boards no less, the very definition of "tacky" IMO) than having an honest conversation about, among other things, all the things that Voldy did wrong that got them to this point. 

-J.

Just follow the money...Metro is betting money they can win, those are tough New York guys, the other "guy" if as the complaint alleges  are true...commmited questionable business practices at a minimum, I will never use them, or beckett's based upon the facts here..bad taste in my mouth, a deal is a deal, if you do an end around, it can bite you in the As...,Metro did, and they are a pit -bull...good luck 

Edited by Mmehdy

3 minutes ago, GACollectibles said:

Poop, you just proved jaydogs assertion.  If you have 302 slabs and two are Voldies then the math clearly shows they went bankrupt.

Actually...... I buy everything raw over the past 5 years.

Just now, The Resurrection said:

Actually...... I buy everything raw over the past 5 years.

Books not getting slabbed therefor you are bankrupt.

3 minutes ago, The Resurrection said:

It makes the damn point that I don't have a horse in the race "for" Voldy, but am interested in the hobby, which anyone in the hobby SHOULD be. Being a boot licker is embarrassing, and nobody should ever be afraid to speak about the state of the hobby in fear that one of the mods here may come get them. Like your boy Mitch.

Thank you, 

6 minutes ago, The Resurrection said:

I don't.  I kinda feel like the fact that you only have a couple Voldy slabs actually proves MY point. ;)

And it's because of Mitch that I bought a Cap 1 in 2014 so I owe that man a drink.

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

2 minutes ago, The Resurrection said:

Yes. All grading companies are going bankrupt due to me not slabbing books for myself.

See, you are getting the hang of this thread. 

4 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

I don't.  I kinda feel like the fact that you only have a couple Voldy slabs actually proves MY point. ;)

And it's because of Mitch that I bought a Cap 1 in 2014 so I owe that man a drink.

-J.

I have sold about 200 of their slabs and probably 500 CGC slabs. And I did not ever experience the dreaded "they bring less money than CGC books" because that was a fallacy.

18 minutes ago, The Resurrection said:

What cracks me up here is you have 1 guy who obviously was too much of a jerk to stay in the GA forum, and another guy who just makes things up as he goes along, and literally ignores any facts presented to him. And MAGICALLY.. They found each other.

If you think that this lawsuit is just about them not grading a few books...well it's  like you believe all media  concerning world events and have never been in the "spy" game. Look at the bigger picture here, there is one. Have I been wrong, yes, I have been on this very topic when I said on this form years ago that they were created to be bought out..no long run plan, I got the  "buy" player wrong...I said  about 5/7 years too for the max time limit...I looked behind the creation to find the purpose. There are major chess moves here, Jay has the idea...we are NOT in control...other greater forces are. 

Edited by Mmehdy

3 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

If you think that this lawsuit is just about them not grading a few books...well it like you believe all media  concerning world events and have never been in the spy game. Look at the bigger picture here, there is one. Have I been wrong, yes, I have been on this very topic when I said on this form years ago that they were created to be bought out..no long run plan, I got the  "buy" player wrong...I said 5/7 years too for the time limit...I looked behind the creation to find the purpose. There are major chess moves here, Jay has the idea...we are NOT in control...other greater forces are. 

And lets crack out the tin foil hats.

18 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

-J.

OK, SDCC I will take that drink. Moves within Moves....great chess game being played in the comic book business world . For the record, CAP#1 is still a great buy....not however the best GA buy out there, still in the top 5, especially higher grade copies.

Edited by Mmehdy

3 hours ago, Mmehdy said:

I believe when the company was first started they intended all along to merge with the CGC after 5 or 7 years at a premium price to CGC to obtain market share

You have no idea what you are talking about.

lol

3 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

I agree with this.  I also believe that the hope or expectation was that Voldy would obtain enough market share to make itself a buy out target of CGC to consolidate market share.  

Another Mitch Mhedy. Great.

You also have no idea what you're talking about. lol

3 hours ago, The Resurrection said:

Funniest post of the week. So true.

Couldn't it just be that comics are gaining popularity over baseball cards because of the success of the films and Beckett sees a horizontal acquisition of a comic book grading company (CBCS) as necessary and crucial to its long-term viability?  Beckett has been around for years and can put more equity into the company to help it grow.  What evidence is there that CBCS was sold because of financial issues? It seems unrealistic they'd have the number of graded books in the marketplace as CGC does given they only opened doors a few years ago.