• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Metropolis is Suing Voldemort
5 5

762 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, VintageComics said:

You have no idea why the other company was created, how they are doing financially, why they were bought by another company or anything else about them and yet you continue to attempt to discredit them with your oinions which are baseless.

You're a faceless shadow, a coward hiding behind the internet making things up about honorable people who have done more for this hobby than most. People who have more respect in this hobby in their little pinky than you will have in your entire existence.

Seriously this might be a new record for a shockingly tone deaf post even for you.   And that's saying something lol .  I love it when "faceless shadows" on the internet call other people on the internet "faceless shadows", and other derogatory names, simply because someone else dares to disagree with them.   

By your accounting we should be considering the people who started Voldy for a Nobel Prize.  Nevermind the fact that, like most businesses, it  was started for the sole and only purpose of making money, and as much as possible, off from the very hobby that you believe they have done so much for.  

Hmmmm... And here's another shocking concept for you, Junior- "honorable people" can be incompetent, clueless business people who neither know how to run or maintain a business successfully. And by Voldy's well documented (short) history of one administrative and policy blunder after another- and there were MANY- compromising the integrity and market perception of the company very early- they were lead to where they are now- oblivion.  

Can Beckett do anything at this point to establish credibility so that "the market" might deign to give them a second chance?   Maybe.  But, as I said, they're going to need a name change and re-brand to at least have a chance of getting that pesky stink of failure of the original iteration of the prior company off from them first.  And they need to make things right with Metro if that lawsuit has merit.  If nothing else that lawsuit is like an anchor around their neck. It directly bridges the prior failed company with what they want to do now.  And yep, that's a problem.  Nothing will be served by any of this if the new management team starts off on the wrong foot by making yet another mis-step to cost them even more credibility right from the get -go. 

And have I mentioned what a great spin doctor you are ?  Really, Beckett should hire you.  But you should really try showing just a little bit of class and take your relentless suction cupping of Voldy off from the dedcated  CGC boards and over to Voldy's chat boards or something, where the other 20 or so people who use them congregate.  They could certainly use  you over there.  And maybe you could even manage to sell a few of those cut-rate Voldy slabs of yours that you have sitting in your back stock of inventory that causes you to almost literally have a panic attack every single time I or anyone else who is telling it like it is, happens to post in this thread.  (thumbsu

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

4 minutes ago, thirdgreenham said:
7 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

Opinions are not libel.

That's your opinion. :p

I'll be filing a defamation claim against Forest City Coins. Once I've had my coffee.

Suggested New Marketing phrase: "You can trust us.We're no Thomas, but we are A Beckett!".:banana:

If the lawsuit is won or settled in favor of Metro, I agree a possible rebranding might occur. It is typical when business which are purchased or asset transferred or whatever this could be called,  to then add the name brand somewhere down the line. 

Edited by Mmehdy

5 minutes ago, thirdgreenham said:
10 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

I'll be filing a defamation claim against Forest City Coins. Once I've had my coffee.

:ohnoez: what have I done???

I believe you libeled Ryan.

57 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

Opinions are not libel.

Defamation with tangible monetary damages to business is.

i stayed at a Holiday Inn last night. :banana:

Edited by namisgr

1 hour ago, namisgr said:
2 hours ago, Ryan. said:

Opinions are not libel.

Defamation with tangible monetary damages to business is.

i stayed at a Holiday Inn last night. :banana:

That was your mistake, you would have got it right if you had stayed at a Holiday Inn Express.

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 7:03 PM, Ride the Tiger said:

I once used to like Voldy. Once.  What movie is that from?  1st one to guess gets 1 free graded comic (from Voldy) with fast track so you should receive your book in about 9 months.

Johnny Dangerously  Piscopo

Just got the following mass email from Voldy. Doesn't seem like they plan on shutting the doors anytime soon (I've redacted the potentially offensive terms. You know, like simple names. Very touchy):

"Attention REDACTED customers and supporters.        

We are moving! Our long-awaited move to Dallas is about to take place. REDACTED will be moving operations to REDACTED.                

The move will commence on June 11th and will be completed on June 18th. Our customer service staff will be available during the move to answer any questions you might have on your submission and any submission already on its way will be re-routed to our new facility. Our goal is to limit the impact on production as much as possible, but there could be slight delays on some of the services during the move. This is bittersweet, as we are saying goodbye to our first home in St. Petersburg, but we are very excited at the opportunities opening for us and our valued clients in Dallas.               

Our office numbers will remain the same

Phone: REDACTED

Toll Free: REDACTED

Our new facility will be sharing the same office space as Beckett Grading and Authentication Services. This move offers REDACTED many positive opportunities that we have not had over the last few years. More room to work, more staff to handle/process orders, help with show planning, and a few new services/products that will be coming soon are just a few of the things we are excited about. The move of REDACTED to Dallas will not change our continued devotion to providing consistent comic book grading according to our established standards while providing the best customer service in the hobby. You, our client base, will always come first!             

REDACTED, President and Head Grader for REDACTED, stated, “Collectors do not have to be concerned about the consistency of our grading standards during, or after, our move to Dallas. Our graders will be moving with the company, so REDACTED will not face a loss of grading knowledge and experience. I am humbled by the dedication our amazing employees have shown during our transition with Beckett Media and the upcoming move to Dallas.”  

Should you have any questions or concerns about the relocation, please feel free to contact us at REDACTED

We look forward to seeing and serving you at our greatly improved office surroundings.              

Remember our new address is:

REDACTED           

**Please ship all submissions to our new address after June 7th, 2018 to avoid possible delays in receiving invoices.                

Thank you all for your continued support and, as always, happy collecting!

The REDACTED Team"                

Edited by F For Fake

2 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

I've redacted

You redacted the address at the end of the letter, but left the address in the opening. C'mon if you are going to redact, at least do it consistently. 

J/K... Thanks for posting the email.

1 minute ago, Jimbo749 said:

You redacted the address at the end of the letter, but left the address in the opening. C'mon if you are going to redact, at least do it consistently. 

J/K... Thanks for posting the email.

Why you little, I'll redact you!

Ok ok, lemme fix it...

33 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Just got the following mass email from Voldy. Doesn't seem like they plan on shutting the doors anytime soon (I've redacted the potentially offensive terms. You know, like simple names. Very touchy):

"Attention REDACTED customers and supporters.        

We are moving! Our long-awaited move to Dallas is about to take place. REDACTED will be moving operations to REDACTED.                

The move will commence on June 11th and will be completed on June 18th. Our customer service staff will be available during the move to answer any questions you might have on your submission and any submission already on its way will be re-routed to our new facility. Our goal is to limit the impact on production as much as possible, but there could be slight delays on some of the services during the move. This is bittersweet, as we are saying goodbye to our first home in St. Petersburg, but we are very excited at the opportunities opening for us and our valued clients in Dallas.               

Our office numbers will remain the same

Phone: REDACTED

Toll Free: REDACTED

Our new facility will be sharing the same office space as Beckett Grading and Authentication Services. This move offers REDACTED many positive opportunities that we have not had over the last few years. More room to work, more staff to handle/process orders, help with show planning, and a few new services/products that will be coming soon are just a few of the things we are excited about. The move of REDACTED to Dallas will not change our continued devotion to providing consistent comic book grading according to our established standards while providing the best customer service in the hobby. You, our client base, will always come first!             

REDACTED, President and Head Grader for REDACTED, stated, “Collectors do not have to be concerned about the consistency of our grading standards during, or after, our move to Dallas. Our graders will be moving with the company, so REDACTED will not face a loss of grading knowledge and experience. I am humbled by the dedication our amazing employees have shown during our transition with Beckett Media and the upcoming move to Dallas.”  

Should you have any questions or concerns about the relocation, please feel free to contact us at REDACTED

We look forward to seeing and serving you at our greatly improved office surroundings.              

Remember our new address is:

REDACTED           

**Please ship all submissions to our new address after June 7th, 2018 to avoid possible delays in receiving invoices.                

Thank you all for your continued support and, as always, happy collecting!

The REDACTED Team"                

I am cracking up at your editing ^^

I have seen this a few times now. Doesn't sound like a bankrupt outfit, or one that will be getting shuffled because of Metros lawsuit ??? 

Is it possible Dip and :censored: really don't know their arses from a hole in the ground??? :idea:

Stay tuned CGC Maniacs for todays episode of "As the slab turns" :shy: