• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Rookie Asks, How can one commission a Dave Gibbons Sketch???
1 1

5 posts in this topic

I realize there may not be an answer to this question but I would rather ask the community and know, than not ask and maybe miss my chance. I would love to get a sketch/commission from Dave Gibbons. I have tried at previous cons and have not lucked out. The sketch I would ask for really would not be more than a bust of a single character. Is there a way to reach out to Mr. Gibbons and or a rep? Any advice for this rookie art collector would be appreciated. Thank you.

23 hours ago, comicfanboy007 said:

I realize there may not be an answer to this question but I would rather ask the community and know, than not ask and maybe miss my chance. I would love to get a sketch/commission from Dave Gibbons. I have tried at previous cons and have not lucked out. The sketch I would ask for really would not be more than a bust of a single character. Is there a way to reach out to Mr. Gibbons and or a rep? Any advice for this rookie art collector would be appreciated. Thank you.

You have already been given the best answer. Even if you only want something small it's still likely to be fairly pricey... but I reckon your chances are good.

You do kinda have to luck out at conventions to get a nice sketch off of him or just catch him when it is quiet. My guess is that the latter is especially difficult to do in the USA.

Not sure what you are looking for to have a commission done of but just a heads up there is a great Rorshach Watchman cover recreation on heritage auctions that ends friday!

(link below) Watchman Dave Gibbons Rorshach art

On 5/8/2018 at 3:10 PM, comicfanboy007 said:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/dave-gibbons-rorschach-of-the-watchmen-cover-recreation-illustration-original-art-2013-/a/7187-93111.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

With most commissions you never know exactly what you will get so its kind of tricky . And there is always a long waiting list .

But you should try regardless, lots of luck!!!!