• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wonder Woman Original?

7 posts in this topic

Hey everyone....I am a sports collectible dealer that has no experience with comics.  I have someone who inherited a bunch, one of which is the Wonder Woman Summer 1942.  

I've done enough research to know it's very rare, and there are lots of fakes out there.  Are there specific indicators that would let me know for sure either way?

Your help would be much appreciated.  I hope this is posted in the appropriate forum.

I am going to look at the collection tomorrow and I can certainly do that.  This will sound like a stupid question, but when you say next to a ruler....are the pages and the cover the same size?  So you just need the ruler next to the spine?  Or do you need it against one of the pages?

23 hours ago, sports_card_investors said:

I am going to look at the collection tomorrow and I can certainly do that.  This will sound like a stupid question, but when you say next to a ruler....are the pages and the cover the same size?  So you just need the ruler next to the spine?  Or do you need it against one of the pages?

In the 1970s, DC reprinted many of its key comics, including Wonder Woman 1, as Famous First Editions.  The FFEs are 13.5 inches by 10 inches, which is larger than the original published in 1942.  The outer covers of the FFEs are labeled as being reprints but the inner covers aren't.