• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little confused with submitting!

3 posts in this topic

Hi!

I have been collecting CGC comics for a while and since CGC doesn't come to Australian comic con I have no choice but to send my books across the world!

My questions are, 

In terms of Econmy and the max price being $400, is that the max price of the comics that I am sending? 
For example I want to send, Spider-Man 300, secret wars 8, batman 181 (first poison ivy) and quite a few others. I am assuming itll equal over $400 so does that mean I need to send them separately or when entering the declared value, will it see that it is over that price and just create another invoice type thing? Thanks! 

Edited by GroundRex

5 hours ago, GroundRex said:

Hi!

I have been collecting CGC comics for a while and since CGC doesn't come to Australian comic con I have no choice but to send my books across the world!

My questions are, 

In terms of Econmy and the max price being $400, is that the max price of the comics that I am sending? 
For example I want to send, Spider-Man 300, secret wars 8, batman 181 (first poison ivy) and quite a few others. I am assuming itll equal over $400 so does that mean I need to send them separately or when entering the declared value, will it see that it is over that price and just create another invoice type thing? Thanks! 

The $400 is the value per book.

If you do the online form, you can put books on different tier values on the same form and send everything in at once.

I'm not sure if they would hold all the books before they send it back to you because they will get done at different times.  Therefore, you may be subject to multiple return shipping charges.

15 minutes ago, greggy said:

The $400 is the value per book.

If you do the online form, you can put books on different tier values on the same form and send everything in at once.

I'm not sure if they would hold all the books before they send it back to you because they will get done at different times.  Therefore, you may be subject to multiple return shipping charges.

This sounds right to me. But I've also heard of situations where you can make a special request and CGC will hold the books and ship them together.  I'm not sure if they still do that or if was special favors or people paid extra or whatever, or if there's a limit on how long they'll hold your books (or a money threshold), but worth an ask.  I think you could just email CGC customer service and get clean, clear answers from them in a pretty timely fashion.  Or call, if you have free international calling and can make the time difference work.