• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage archive make an offer
2 2

30 posts in this topic

I got an invoice today!!!

Im assuming that the book has arrived and they have checked it to make sure its the correct book.

Only thing I don't like is that I must pay by eCheck and can delay shipping by 7-10 days.

Despite the majority of my offers not receiving a response within the 72 hour window, I still continue to try acquiring books via this method.  My problem is I usually make offers on books where the auction ended years ago, so the winner may not even have the books anymore.  I do this so that the minimum offer (which accounts for the 19.5 percent buyers premium on top of the sold for price) works out to right around or just over current GPA prices.  Nevertheless I’ve been fortunate enough to have 4 offers accepted, and in each case the turnaround time to getting the book in hand has been about 2-3 weeks.

5 hours ago, DST said:

Despite the majority of my offers not receiving a response within the 72 hour window, I still continue to try acquiring books via this method.  My problem is I usually make offers on books where the auction ended years ago, so the winner may not even have the books anymore.  I do this so that the minimum offer (which accounts for the 19.5 percent buyers premium on top of the sold for price) works out to right around or just over current GPA prices.  Nevertheless I’ve been fortunate enough to have 4 offers accepted, and in each case the turnaround time to getting the book in hand has been about 2-3 weeks.

Thanks for the info.

13 hours ago, icefires said:

Move to Canada. Then you can wait a year with no worries like everyone else there.

I live in Canada 8 months out of the year and used to order stuff online all the time. Shipping times were so long That I used to forget about certain things I ordered and when they showed up I was amazed. Now I only ship to my US address for speed and cost.

I've had a few offers on books I have won. I just received an offer a week or so ago. I was traveling when it came in and didn't respond in time. I may have countered if I was within the time window. The problem for me with the offers is that I am not watching or expecting them. I don't actively have the book(s) for sale. So, when an offer comes I have to check if 1) I still have it, 2) it is in the same condition as purchased (de-slabbed?), 3) do I want to sell it and 4) at what price. Contrast that to a book I have listed on eBay. I know what it is and where it is at. I've also already listed a price. My turn around time on such an unsolicited offer is a lot longer than an eBay listing. I just completed a deal with a boardie for something I did not have for sale. It took several weeks of back and forth before we came to terms as I wasn't prepared to let these particular items go (one of a kind). All my incoming offers have been on harder to find GA books (the latest on some EC romance) and most have been raw. I suppose if I was getting offers on slabbed copper or bronze books that I could replace easily, I would respond faster. Getting an offer on a book I took two or more years to find is very different. If there was more open communication on Heritage, I could respond differently by letting a buyer know that I need more time to think about an offer.

35 minutes ago, Shrevvy said:

I've had a few offers on books I have won. I just received an offer a week or so ago. I was traveling when it came in and didn't respond in time. I may have countered if I was within the time window. The problem for me with the offers is that I am not watching or expecting them. I don't actively have the book(s) for sale. So, when an offer comes I have to check if 1) I still have it, 2) it is in the same condition as purchased (de-slabbed?), 3) do I want to sell it and 4) at what price. Contrast that to a book I have listed on eBay. I know what it is and where it is at. I've also already listed a price. My turn around time on such an unsolicited offer is a lot longer than an eBay listing. I just completed a deal with a boardie for something I did not have for sale. It took several weeks of back and forth before we came to terms as I wasn't prepared to let these particular items go (one of a kind). All my incoming offers have been on harder to find GA books (the latest on some EC romance) and most have been raw. I suppose if I was getting offers on slabbed copper or bronze books that I could replace easily, I would respond faster. Getting an offer on a book I took two or more years to find is very different. If there was more open communication on Heritage, I could respond differently by letting a buyer know that I need more time to think about an offer.

This is why I was so surprised when the offer came it within 1 day.

I amazes me that I was able to get the book in hand as fast as I did.

The owner must have had kept it and got an upgrade, waiting for an offer to pop up.

Lucky me I guess.

Edited by grayzr