• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage archive make an offer
2 2

30 posts in this topic

I recently bought a book using Heritage Auctions Archive via there make an offer program.

I received a response from heritage that the buyer accepted my offer and I payed the invoice.

It has been 4 days since I paid and received a confirmation of payment email stating that it could take around 10 days.

Has anyone used this service before?

If so, how long does it usually takes to receive the book from time of payment?

I once sold an item (Batman statue) that I had just won at a signature auction.

For some reason, someone made an offer right away after I won (thrill bid gone awry) and I made a few hundred dollars for doing nothing other than pay and Heritage just shipped it to the new owner.

Woo hoo....my best flip ever.

1 minute ago, greggy said:

I once sold an item (Batman statue) that I had just won at a signature auction.

For some reason, someone made an offer right away after I won (thrill bid gone awry) and I made a few hundred dollars for doing nothing other than pay and Heritage just shipped it to the new owner.

Woo hoo....my best flip ever.

I wonder how often this kind of thing happens.

3 hours ago, grayzr said:

I recently bought a book using Heritage Auctions Archive via there make an offer program.

I received a response from heritage that the buyer accepted my offer and I payed the invoice.

It has been 4 days since I paid and received a confirmation of payment email stating that it could take around 10 days.

Months. Sometimes years. I would sit outside on your steps and wait for the mailman.

It's Heritage's version of Comiclink Exchange escrow.  So it could take a month or more to get your item in unless Heritage owns it.  The good news is your money is safe and in the event you never receive the item you can just as easily collect a refund.

3 hours ago, grayzr said:

49 minutes ago, HENRYSPENCER said:

It's Heritage's version of Comiclink Exchange escrow.  So it could take a month or more to get your item in unless Heritage owns it.  The good news is your money is safe and in the event you never receive the item you can just as easily collect a refund.

Why would it take a month to receive the item?

I would assume that Heritage holds the funds that the buyer (me) pays and only pays the seller of the book once the item is verified and accepted.

To my surprise the seller accepted my offer with 24 of me sending it.

Doesn't exactly scream sail speed to me.

Unless what your saying is heritage will take there sweet time processing the transaction and shipping it out to me  :whatthe:

3 minutes ago, grayzr said:

Why would it take a month to receive the item?

I would assume that Heritage holds the funds that the buyer (me) pays and only pays the seller of the book once the item is verified and accepted.

To my surprise the seller accepted my offer with 24 of me sending it.

Doesn't exactly scream sail speed to me.

Unless what your saying is heritage will take there sweet time processing the transaction and shipping it out to me  :whatthe:

If the guy was quivering in anticipation of shipping your item back to Heritage, it would take them 2-3 days to get it. If there is less quivering, maybe it takes him a day or two to even get it in the mail.

No telling how long it would take to process it, they go through a lot of material. If there is a weekend involved, could be several days to a week.

Then they have to repack it to ship it out, that adds more time depending on how backed up they are.

Then the time it takes for shipping to work to you.

Edited by mysterio

3 minutes ago, mysterio said:

If the guy was quivering in anticipation of shipping your item back to Heritage, it would take them 2-3 days to get it. If there is less quivering, maybe it takes him a day or two to even get it in the mail.

No telling how long it would take to process it, they go through a lot of material. If there is a weekend involved, could be several days to a week.

Then they have to repack it to ship it out, that adds more time depending on how backed up they are.

Then the time it takes for shipping to work to you.

Are there deadlines for when the seller has to ship the book out?

The reason I ask is that once you get the acceptance email it says you have 72 hours to make payment.

So just curious if there is a policy set on the seller as well.

1 hour ago, grayzr said:

The reason I ask is that once you get the acceptance email it says you have 72 hours to make payment.

Heritage wants their money quick but it's a large company, and as such, they'll take their sweet time in shipping it to you.  I'll bet they give the seller a two-week window for item delivery before they'd cancel the transaction.

2 hours ago, grayzr said:

First off, congrats on actually getting a response at all in Heritage make an offer! You're truly blessed. Most people get nothing when making an offer there.

For an example comiclink says they require books to be delivered in 5 business days from the time the seller accepts an offer. These large auction houses take a very long time to process a given invoice since they're so busy all the time. I make offers all the time on Clink & Cconnect. It usually takes a bit over a month for these "best offer" books to get to me.

32 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

First off, congrats on actually getting a response at all in Heritage make an offer! You're truly blessed. Most people get nothing when making an offer there.

For an example comiclink says they require books to be delivered in 5 business days from the time the seller accepts an offer. These large auction houses take a very long time to process a given invoice since they're so busy all the time. I make offers all the time on Clink & Cconnect. It usually takes a bit over a month for these "best offer" books to get to me.

I have made numerous offers without a response.

2 hours ago, icefires said:

I have made numerous offers without a response.

I have heard a lot about this and to be honest I was not expecting a response when I sent the offer.

I was amazed that it took less then 24 hrs

18 hours ago, HENRYSPENCER said:

Heritage wants their money quick but it's a large company, and as such, they'll take their sweet time in shipping it to you.  I'll bet they give the seller a two-week window for item delivery before they'd cancel the transaction.

About once a month I get an offer on the stuff I've bought on Heritage, have never accepted one, but I probably wouldn't be able to get the item to Heritage in under two weeks.