• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MICRONAUTS collection on display MAY 19-20

22 posts in this topic

MICRONAUTS collection on display MAY 19-20

Hello all-

The organizers of my local comic convention (MSP Comicon in StPaul/Mpls.MN) have prevailed upon me to assemble a display of highlights from my MICRONAUTS comic art collection at next weekend's show.  I have selected sixty pieces, ranging from the beginnings in 1979 with Marvel, though Image and IDW, and even including a few favorite commissions.

It will likely be a bit of a fraught weekend for me, as if my Heart and Soul were slapped up on the wall within range of sticky fingers, but I am mightily comforted by the fact that a security assist is being provided by members of this board.   (Does it also help my 'peace of mind' that they're also bodybuilders?  Maaaaybe.)

If you're within range of Minnesota next weekend, please feel invited to come on down and see the show!  It's at the State Fairgrounds in StPaul, and we are proud to continue to be a non-profit, all-volunteer, old-fashioned style Comic Book Convention.

Bring your own MICRONAUTS pieces for me to check out!  I'm always buying!

I even have a few surprises in store, sneakily including a few choice MICRONAUTS pieces which have not yet been revealed to the overall Hobby.  So come on down if you want to see something new.

Andrew

3 hours ago, thethedew said:

It will likely be a bit of a fraught weekend for me, as if my Heart and Soul were slapped up on the wall within range of sticky fingers, but I am mightily comforted by the fact that a security assist is being provided by members of this board.   (Does it also help my 'peace of mind' that they're also bodybuilders?  Maaaaybe.)

I guess I know where Doc Joe will be next weekend. :idea:

The tables in front are for donations to the charity art auction, my responsibility as well as keeping an eye on my own stuff.  Some mild multi-tasking required.

You can see the positioning of the tables restricts access to the walled art.  One person sitting at the left end can generally keep an eye on the tables and wall at the same time.

600.450.03.jpg

Edited by thethedew

On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 1:30 PM, thethedew said:

Karza Cover artist Angel Medina

450.01.jpg

One of my fav artists:cloud9: Would love to meet Angel one day! 

On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 1:36 PM, thethedew said:

600.450.02.jpg

That's a nice setup, and the artwork on display is ^^

What were the attendees' levels of interest and knowledge about OA?

12 hours ago, O. said:

What were the attendees' levels of interest and knowledge about OA?

If someone in our Hobby feels the need for a little humbling, set up at a 'classic' comic book convention.

99% of attendees walk right by you with the merest glance at best.  The ones who stop to look, though, REALLY get it.

I'm not complaining, mind you, but it is a worthwhile reminder that we're a niche hobby.