• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East Nashville

13 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, icp004 said:

Besides The Great Escape does anyone have any recommendations for a comic shop in the east Nashville area with a good back issue selection of 70’s and 80’s?

None that I'm aware of.  @october ?

That's my neck of the woods. Great Escape is usually pretty fun. Other than that, you can drive a little bit further out to Ricks Comic City on Old Lebanon Road. If you're willing to drive to other parts of the city, you can try McKays Books on Old Hickory Blvd, but that's on the west side of town. Comix City Too in Madison.There are other cool shops, but some of them are a 20 or 30 minute drive from East Nashville.

Make sure to have pizza at 5 Points Pizza while you're in east Nashville. Can you tell I'm hungry?

Have fun!

Honestly, I'd say McKays is probably worth a drive AND...while you're at it, you can visit the Great Escapes West Side location! McKays is simply massive. Comics are NOT their only focus. They have every sort of media you can imagine. If you're into cool stuff, just hop on the bypass (840 W) and take the White Bridge Road exit. You can knock them both out...could easily spend all day.

EDIT: Sorry, I just saw your caveat about back issues. You'll want to avoid Rick and Comix City, in that case. :sorry:

1 minute ago, Wolverinex said:

+1  Been to McKay's a few years ago visiting Nashville and it's amazing

Yeah..he should totally go. Then he can hit up the other Great Escape while he's at it. Would be a fun trip. Shouldn't take him long if he hits the bypass during non-peak hours.

7 hours ago, walclark said:

None that I'm aware of.  @october ?

Newshane basically covered it.  Kind of slim pickings for gold and silver. What little pops up gets snatched very quickly by local guys. 

McCay's is worth the trip!