• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kamala Khan/Ms. Marvel headed for MCU

27 posts in this topic

37 minutes ago, OrangeNemesis said:

Oh for sure. Just find the topic interesting in those countries that take ti to the extreme. Like thos who wouldnt play wonder woman because gadot is Israeli

Yep. Which DID have a impact on her boxoffice. Thankfully, much of the rest of the world had no problem with it.

It's amazing some of the sad outdated mindsets and behaviors that still exist throughout the world.

Including sometimes even in America. 

8 hours ago, Callaway29 said:

I’m not going to quote your post because it’s too long. You’re obviously hypersensitive, and make too many assumptions. I’ll leave it at that...

Hypersensitive?

You go on a rant because a character in an imaginary MOVIE isn't the same nationality as 90% of all of the other characters - immediately take a stance that it's just a demographic manipulation before knowing the story or anything about it - and then belittle it more by saying it's a 'money grab'.

And I made no assumptions, I quoted you directly. I used YOUR words.

Sounded like veiled racist rhetoric to me. 

1 hour ago, Chuck Gower said:

Hypersensitive?

You go on a rant because a character in an imaginary MOVIE isn't the same nationality as 90% of all of the other characters - immediately take a stance that it's just a demographic manipulation before knowing the story or anything about it - and then belittle it more by saying it's a 'money grab'.

And I made no assumptions, I quoted you directly. I used YOUR words.

Sounded like veiled racist rhetoric to me. 

No rant. Stop acting like a child, and do not call me a racist, which was one of your many assumptions. Surely that’s against board etiquette...

My point is that, if, characters are being chosen for the big screen based off their ethnic background, religious beliefs, color of skin, gender, etc...to include your favorite combination cited 5 times, white male, then I don’t like it. These movies should be chosen purely based off the merit of the character/content, in my opinion.

Disagree with my point? Fine...but don’t stomp your feet and cry about it.

Kiss my grits...

On 5/17/2018 at 6:28 AM, Callaway29 said:

And some people will see it as 1) a Muslim and 2) a woman and embrace it...purely for those reasons. Good chance the actual movie gets lost in the “social movement”, media, and politics that will surround it...which is good for the box office, and undoubtedly went into the decision to move forward with the project.

Since Black Panther they’ve been open about targeting minority demographic characters.

It annoys me. I watch movies to be entertained and because I love the characters/stories...leave the noise out of it...

I say this with the utmost respect for women and Muslims btw...no disrespect...I just see it for what it is, manipulating the public’s sensibilities for a money grab...

so you're annoyed because of proper representation? really? smh

42 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

No rant. Stop acting like a child,

Personal attack. Not once did I call you a name.

and do not call me a racist,

I didn't. I said, SPECIFICALLY, "Sounded like veiled racist rhetoric to me."

which was one of your many assumptions. 

I didn't, so it wasn't.

Surely that’s against board etiquette...

To call other boardies names, yes, but I didn't call you one. You called ME one.

My point is that, if, characters are being chosen for the big screen based off their ethnic background, religious beliefs, color of skin, gender, etc...

So if I make a movie about a teenage girl superhero, and I decide she is WHITE, that is wrong? Why is it wrong then if she isn't white?

to include your favorite combination cited 5 times, white male, then I don’t like it.

Right. You're basing your choice completely upon ethnic background, religious belief, color of skin, etc. 

You are making your decision, with no knowledge of the story, other characters, celebrities appearing, other Marvel cameos in the movie, but SOLELY on ethnic background, religious belief, color of skin, etc. 

THAT is my point.

These movies should be chosen purely based off the merit of the character/content, in my opinion.

Sure. Antman is an amazing story.

Disagree with my point? Fine...but don’t stomp your feet and cry about it.

Another personal remark. 

Kiss my grits...

And another personal remark.

I think Kamala Khan is pretty cool. Played LEGO game with my son and she was the most fun to be and could turn into a huge ball lol. Great character and I think the fact she is Muslim adds some intrigue but really is a non issue for me. I mean do we even know the religion of most comic characters? Does it matter? If it gives more people someone they identify more with and brings in new comic readers I think it’s a great thing. 

Secondly, where are all the variants with her? I like the Molina but it is at least 500$. Haven’t seen any others I liked. Hopefully Martina or dell Otto do cover with her soon.