• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original IH 181 cover edited
1 1

15 posts in this topic

51 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

I like the edited version a lot better.  The red alone makes a huge difference for me anyways.  

I don't know but it looks like they cut & pasted hulks head from the IH 182 cover on to 181 original they showed. It just looks weird.

Edit: the second one looks a bit better but still sucks compared to the one they went with. Plus hulk's head looks too small for his body in both versions

marvel-world-of-comics.jpg

2851130-hulk181.jpg

Edited by MGsimba77
Adding picture

I believe Gil Kane had an exclusive on two nostril covers. Surprised Trimpe tried to sneak this past the powers that be.

I'm not surprised Lens Tean had  Jan Hatroomi redo it. Kane was too big to off back then.

Edited by shadroch

Kane really liked his nostrils.

Edited by kav

2 hours ago, kav said:

WHY does Hulk have a bunch of marshmallows in his mouth?

He's choking. Wolverine is trying to use his claws to fish them out. Wendigo being Wendigo, he's having a panic attack because he doesn't know how to react to the situation of seeing his friend choke one a dozen marshmallows. 

1 minute ago, deadleg said:

He's choking. Wolverine is trying to use his claws to fish them out. Wendigo being Wendigo, he's having a panic attack because he doesn't know how to react to the situation of seeing his friend choke one a dozen marshmallows. 

yes Wendigo does seem to be gesticulating in frustration and saying NOT THE MARSHMALLOWS AGAIN I WARNED HIM ABOUT THE MARSHMALLOWS-

38 minutes ago, kav said:

yes Wendigo does seem to be gesticulating in frustration and saying NOT THE MARSHMALLOWS AGAIN I WARNED HIM ABOUT THE MARSHMALLOWS-

The Wendigo is angry because well, them aint marshmallows!

3 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

The Wendigo is angry because well, them aint marshmallows!

WTF ARE THEY?????

4 hours ago, MGsimba77 said:

I don't know but it looks like they cut & pasted hulks head from the IH 182 cover on to 181 original they showed. It just looks weird.

Edit: the second one looks a bit better but still sucks compared to the one they went with. Plus hulk's head looks too small for his body in both versions

marvel-world-of-comics.jpg

2851130-hulk181.jpg

RED ?  They drew a whole new background !!!  :whatthe: