• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLINK Spring Featured Auction started
2 2

108 posts in this topic

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 8:51 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

Prices on the Art Adams items have started off quite strong.  So has the Barreto DC Comics presents cover.

Bagley art has started off rather slowly, although there are some nice pieces in this auction.

the Brunner offerings are also off to a nice start.  man, who would have thought that folks will pay $8-10K for a HTD page in 2018!

There’s also a really nice Ernie Chan MoKF cover flying under the radar ?

I have a Baretto New Teen Titans title splash featuring Cyborg, so I am interested where the one in this auction will end up. Mine is better, though. It features him actually doing superhero stuff, and his cybernetics are not covered up.

17 hours ago, NelsonAI said:

Now that Mysterio is confirmed as the new villain in the next Spidey movie, I would expect the ASM 311 cover to easily break 100K.  :whatthe:

Good luck to the consignor who is a fellow boardie. (thumbsu

Cheers!

N.

Talk about great timing!

17 hours ago, NelsonAI said:

Now that Mysterio is confirmed as the new villain in the next Spidey movie, I would expect the ASM 311 cover to easily break 100K.  :whatthe:

Good luck to the consignor who is a fellow boardie. (thumbsu

Cheers!

N.

On the other hand, we now know that Spider-Man himself won’t be in the movie because he died in Avengers: Infinity War. So the cover is now practically worthless.

1 hour ago, rotembk said:

On the other hand, we now know that Spider-Man himself won’t be in the movie because he died in Avengers: Infinity War. So the cover is now practically worthless.

Spoiler

spoilers-gif-21-1.gif.1b6f8fc0a0608b6630dab3334347dd78.gif

3 hours ago, rotembk said:

Or, maybe they were all shunted off to Battle World by the Beyonder. hm

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 12:19 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:

So now that the Heritage Spring auction is behind us, I thought it would be a good time to introduce the Clink Spring Featured Auction for discussion.

Some highlights featured in this auction include:

• Art Adams Classic Xmen #12 cover, an homage to the Uncanny X-Men #1 cover by Kirby = $13.75K.  I think this one still has quite a bit of room to move upwards and I really like the image.
  • Aparo Brave & Bold #132 complete 17 page interior story = 9.6K.  Yes, we've seen several individual Aparo pages for sale recently, but not a complete 17 page issue.  I'm thinking $15K on this one.
  • Brunner Marvel Premiere #13 cover.  Wow!  What an incredible image and at $17.5K, there's still quite a bit of room to go before bidding ends
  • Sal Buscema Avengers Annual #4 cover.  Great cover from the moment I saw it.  I don't know if it will crack $50K, but its currently at $31K
  • Steve Dillon Preacher 49 page where Saint of Killers shoots Jessie's eye confronts Jessie!  Currently at $2.8K...will it crack $5K?
  • Dave Gibbons Watchmen 12 page is already at $14.25K.  I haven't really followed Watchmen pages and don't know if this is already a strong price or if its one of those pages that will easily crack $20K.  Help?
  • Kirby Thor 253 cover featuring Thor and Ulik is at $16.25K.  A no-brainer to cross the $25K threshold, right?
  • McASM 311 cover featuring fishbowl Spidey is currently at $68K.  I said it will end just shy of $100K, while others indicated slightly more.  We'll know soon enough!
  • Miller Hulk 163 cover with DD cowering against the Hulk.  I wish we could see more Hulk on this cover because I would have taken a run at it, but it looks as though this composition looks just fine for others who have already bid it up to $28.25K
  • Perez Avengers #7 cover is a great battle royale cover and currently at $8.1K
  • Platt Prophet #8 cover is cheeeeeap at $2.2K now, and should see significant action towards auction close
  • Tim Sale Superman for all seasons #4 cover is at $8.1K...can it go much higher?
  • Paul Smith Dr. Strange #56 cover is really neat.  I love Paul Smith's work from this period and this one's already at $6.3K.  Probably a good deal at $10K, too!
  • Starlin Captain Marvel #26 splash with large, early Thanos appearance is just. wow. Already at $22.2K, I have absolutely no idea how high this can go...$35K? $40K? Anyone want to take a guess?
  • Greg Capullo Spawn #146 cover is 'only' at $4.6K.  I don't follow the Capullo market very closely, but I'm gonna assume this is still fairly low
  • David Finch The Dark Knight #4 painted cover is a wonderful, dark and moody painting and currently only $1.5K...a steal at this price.
  • Kirby Demon #4 cover is at $20.25K.  Not sure if this one's got much more left in the tank
  • McSpidey #10 Wolverine splash for $13.85 is probably a good deal.  I'd prefer Spidey to be on the page, but its a memorable image from the Todd-father
  • Joe Quesada Superior Spidey #1 cover is at $2.8K.  So has anyone actually confirmed if this is ink over blueline or ink over pencil? 
  • Walt Simonson Thor 342 page.  Wonderful page with Terry Austin inks, and something so rarely on the market.  Currently at $4.2K, but who knows where it will end?
  • Starlin Death of Captain Marvel splash at $6K, with significant room to move higher.

Good luck to all sellers and bidders!

So now that the auction close is less than a week away, prices are all over the map.  There's already some strong results and some that are well under FMV.  I've included current prices to the list of my watched items above.  Let me know your thoughts.

5 hours ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

So now that the auction close is less than a week away, prices are all over the map.  There's already some strong results and some that are well under FMV.  I've included current prices to the list of my watched items above.  Let me know your thoughts.

That Watchmen 12 page has gone for $33k in the past, so I imagine it'll go for more this time.  It was the only page I was interested in in this sale, but not at that price.

I don't think the composition would hold back the bidding on the DD cover.  I dig it.  Solid inks too.  However, for some collectors like me (but certainly not all by any stretch), Miller's DD run doesn't REALLY start until he started writing it in DD 168.  Doesn't mean there aren't solid reasons to covet art from issues prior to 168, it just seems like DD 168-190 is a single, solid body of work, and everything prior is another entity.  But as all things discussed here, YMMV.

21 minutes ago, stinkininkin said:

I don't think the composition would hold back the bidding on the DD cover.  I dig it.  Solid inks too.  However, for some collectors like me (but certainly not all by any stretch), Miller's DD run doesn't REALLY start until he started writing it in DD 168.  Doesn't mean there aren't solid reasons to covet art from issues prior to 168, it just seems like DD 168-190 is a single, solid body of work, and everything prior is another entity.  But as all things discussed here, YMMV.

I feel similarly - I don't think Miller truly makes Daredevil his own until he starts writing the book himself from #168.  Not that there aren't still great examples of his art from #158-#167, or that #158 wouldn't be among the top 5 or 6 Miller DD covers I'd most like to own (if I had my pick and money was no object, of course!) 

Edited by delekkerste

2 hours ago, delekkerste said:

I'd be very surprised if it's even halfway to the final price yet. 

The spooky part here is after I posted that, I thought, 'what would Gene say?'...

Much like the Golden Age Comic Books forum thread, 'Ask Gator', this forum needs an official 'Ask Delekkerste' thread...

8 minutes ago, First Upgrade said:

The spooky part here is after I posted that, I thought, 'what would Gene say?'...

Much like the Golden Age Comic Books forum thread, 'Ask Gator', this forum needs an official 'Ask Delekkerste' thread...

You and me brother....we live most of our lives in the WWGS? Orbit....

WWGS.thumb.jpg.92cf79227e6bc61a81efeb7992ea52cb.jpg

McSpidey at 68k with 5 days to go.  Surely it will surpass 100.

i really like the DD cover.  It’s not my favorite of the run, but it’s one of the cooler ones I think.  The hand blocks DD a little too much, but I think it definitely has that good, “Crimey” Miller DD feel.

One thing that I haven't seen anyone mention is that while it wasn't written by Miller, as I recall that issue packed a punch story-wise and so is memorable for that as well---DD striving in vain to stop the Hulk and getting beaten up badly and the Hulk jumping away at the end with an agonized cry.  Good issue.

34 minutes ago, Bronty said:

Agreed.

its crazy how toned some of the boards from this era are.    Who’s storing them in their toaster ovens?

Yeah, for some reason, this song pops into my head when I look at the scan of that cover... :eek: