• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLINK Spring Featured Auction started
2 2

108 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, AnkurJ said:

Surprised at the reserve on the Ron Lim Web of Spiderman splash. 

Alex Saviuk/Stephen Baskerville (WHO?) ?

Me too!

http://comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FSEARCH.ASP%3FFocusedOnly%3D1%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3Dweb%2Bspiderman%26ItemType%3DCA%23Item_1249386&id=1249386&itemType=1

UGH, walked in the door and saw 22 seconds remaining on the item i was interested in (thought I had a few hours to spare).  Placed a hasty unintentional snipe and got it. :whee:

PREACHER 49 page landed about where I thought it would.  I put in a bid early on and let it ride and ended up as second runner up. 

On 5/24/2018 at 9:21 PM, NelsonAI said:

Robert Dennis should be able to conserve and deacidify the DD cover. I've seen him do wonders on much worse pieces.

That cover was offered to me privately many moons ago for 50K.  I passed but another buyer stepped up.

I think the DD cover will sell for more than the McFarlane.  :whatthe:

Good luck to everyone.

Cheers!

N.

Not a big jump from many moons ago to today for that DD 163 cover.  I'm guessing that the seller isn't too pleased with this result.  

My feeling is that we haven't seen these 2nd tier Miller DD covers trade hands publicly for a  long while and that people weren't confident in stepping up to a higher price point through a last second snipe.  I think this piece probably would have done better in a live auction or extended bidding format where people could see price discovery unfold before their eyes and react accordingly. 2c

I was actually a bit surprised to see the Miller DD hit 59k.  The DD 190 cover was on clink a couple of years ago and only reached 40k.  It's a little abstract, but I think I would have rather had that one, especially for the price, even though Elektra's face is in shadow.  

any opinions on the kirby thor? it is from a later period -but was it a bargain at less than $35k? will it show up on  a dealer site or flipper page any time soon?

for my part - lost out on the MOKF cover. No nostalgia on that one - which is why I didnt go higher -but it had cool action and that giant dr.doom face added to the mood. Also lost out on the DR.Who cover- which was a very cool piece. Just more than I ever thought I would want to spend on tv adaptation artwork.

with respect to the ms. marvel cover - I loved that one too -but the main figure was small and not too detailed. The rest of the background was wonderful and if ms.marvel herself was more finished looking - the cover may have gone even higher.

I was out of the house for most of the auction.  Quick perusal of results, and prices seemed a little on the soft side (although Watchmen pages seem to keep getting big numbers).  The Miller DD cover went for about what I thought it would, and as I stated somewhere else, it wasn't really a top tier cover.  What is everyone's general take away?

Huge mistake for CLink to end auction on Tuesday after Memorial Day.  I completely forgot about the auction.  I'm sure I wasn't the only one.  End the auction a few days later and I think you would have seen more lively bidding. 

Congrats to the buyers of the Miller DD cover and McFarlane covers. Great prices IMHO.  I'm sure the consignors were disappointed.

Janson is clearly the preferred inker over Miller's pencils than Rubenstein.

The ASM cover was at one time consigned with a dealer for 95K and it did not sell so perhaps the psychological barrier was too much to overcome.  

Cheers!

N.