• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLINK Spring Featured Auction started
2 2

108 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Ironmandrd said:

And the Thor #258 cover sold on HA in Nov 2015 for $26,290 not $33k.

(and between the two I prefer the #253). 

I couldn't remember for sure - that was a total guess.  I would definitely say the 253 is better, but there's something about the 258 that speaks to me.  

12 hours ago, Mr. Machismo said:

Wow, an immediate 5x profit. I’m so sorry you got burned, Mike. 

I traded the ASM 68 cover for 5-6k range in 1998 or so to a well known collector on these boards.... as i felt 5k was just too high for any pre 100 ASM cover to sell for going forward so i got rid of it to keep collecting my beloved ASM interiors....i think I got a large art Romita ASM SPLASH in that deal.....

Yes i screwed up on the cover market values back then compared to now...LOL

On 5/29/2018 at 11:50 PM, BCarter27 said:

$13K for the Lynn Varley color page from DKR! Some of these were about $4K at Comic Art Con last year. I can't recall if this particular page was there.

That is a surprising result. I considered buying several Varley painted DK pages early this year at 4 and 5k.  Missed that boat I guess.

On 5/31/2018 at 1:22 AM, DeadpoolJr. said:

Thought the stuff I liked had some decent results, namely the cover to Scalped #1 and the Spider-Man Blue page which I would have like to make a run at if I wasn't on a selling spree at the moment.

I can’t find the Scalped cover, what was the result?  

1 hour ago, Grails said:

That is a surprising result. I considered buying several Varley painted DK pages early this year at 4 and 5k.  Missed that boat I guess.

And I'll more for sale at Comic Con and my web site at the same time.

On 6/6/2018 at 3:54 PM, Grails said:

I can’t find the Scalped cover, what was the result?  

$12 dollars short of 9K. I think the main issue people might have had was that the head was a stat even though it was still actual art and not a reproduction one.

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FDEFAULT.ASP%3FFocused%3D1%26x%3D0%26y%3D0%26pg%3D23%23Item_1252215&id=1252215&itemType=1

Edited by DeadpoolJr.

On 6/6/2018 at 4:45 PM, DeadpoolJr. said:

$12 dollars short of 9K. I think the main issue people might have had was that the head was a stat even though it was still actual art and not a reproduction one.

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FDEFAULT.ASP%3FFocused%3D1%26x%3D0%26y%3D0%26pg%3D23%23Item_1252215&id=1252215&itemType=1

You have to read the entire description to see that. The very last sentence mentions the paste up. I really wish the description of the art stand out and be separated from the fluff.