• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is the worst thing you've ever found in a comic?
4 4

193 posts in this topic

Once in a 50s comic, I think it was an archie, there was some kind of gross dried up food in it. It looked like a flattened cherry or something and stained the entire comic all the way through both sides and four or five pages were completely stuck together and ripped apart. I have found many dried up chunks of some kind of what I assume was food in comics. Probably a common thing back in the day, kids reading comics while eating.

And while not the worst, I bought a stack of 70s ghost rider comics at a yard sale once and inside one was a nudie picture ripped out of something, probably a hustler, because it sure wasn't something that would have been in a playboy lol

Another one that sticks out in my mind is 50's war comic that had like ten pages with lipstick stains on the edges, someone's mother or sister found junior's war comic laying around and used it for that

On 5/30/2018 at 2:40 PM, mackenzie999 said:
On 5/30/2018 at 12:26 PM, Artboy99 said:

nomad.jpg

That must be Dolphie, the Human Swastika

Poor old Frank tried his best to do Kirby exaggerated foreshortening but nope.  Hint-if the body and arms are basically full frontal, merely enlarging the hands and feet doesn't cut it.  I love the right hand in the tra la la broadway musical pose.

I purchased a plastic tub full of Archie's at a local auction.  While searching through them at home, a small baggie w/ what I assume was coke residue fell out of one of them. I'm sure that would have been easy to explain had I been pulled over.

Just now, Kreton said:

I purchased a plastic tub full of Archie's at a local auction.  While searching through them at home, a small baggie w/ what I assume was coke residue fell out of one of them. I'm sure that would have been easy to explain had I been pulled over.

Archie and blow. :cloud9:

5 minutes ago, Kreton said:

Ya that would have been sticky. 

Does that mean you "bought" drugs?

1 minute ago, NoMan said:
4 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Ya that would have been sticky. 

Does that mean you "bought" drugs?

Tell it to the Judge!

ya lol 

If a cop had pulled him over, "BUT, officer, I just bought this!", would not be something that you'd want to say without prefacing first (thumbsu 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

ya lol 

If a cop had pulled him over, "BUT, officer, I just bought this!", would not be something that you'd want to say without prefacing first (thumbsu 

Just the combination makes me laugh: Archie comic book + Cocaine !!!!

1 hour ago, Kreton said:

On 5/13/2018 at 6:10 PM, oakman29 said:

Haha haha! Yeah that was a good one. I bought some stuff on EBay and literally just wrapped Christmas wrap on it, and sent it to Joanna. Had I known I might have kept the gift bwwwahahahaha!:roflmao:

:golfclap::banana::roflmao:My favorite Secret Santa gift!

Bought some 60's dc war books in a old Vietnam era footlocker at a flea market  One of them had a lump in the center  I found the lump to be a used condom  There was a lot of purel used rest of the day.  Also had some nude selfies a young lady forgot about in a baseball card collection she tried to sell.  I discreetly handed them back and she didn't seem fazed one bit. I've found old drivers licenses, passports, tons of photos, even cash a few times.

IDK but it looked like globs of hamburger grease. Kind like it had been regurgitated with rest of the innards of a big-mac mixed in. About the size of a quarter.

Or Maybe some chewing gum sticking the pages together-unless there is some guy out there with neon purple sperm. 

I bought a new, shrink wrapped hardcover from an online retailer.Two of the pages were stuck together by some sort of greenish, moldy silly putty looking stuff. I did not give it the sniff,touch and taste test.The retailer told me to throw it away and they would send a new one.

On 6/7/2018 at 4:47 PM, NoMan said:

How did he know the needle was used for heroin? 

The brown residue left inside the tube. The kid admitted what it was when he called him to buy more comics a few days later. It was a Green Lantern book but he doesn't know which one exactly.

Here's a short list of things I've seen in comics: blood, urine, boogers, photos of 70's bush, pubic hairs, dead bugs, worm holes, black mold and teeth marks. 

On the plus side, I've found cash, old receipts, World Trade Center stationary, a second comic, cards, newspaper articles, and signatures.

Edited by Timely