• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is the worst thing you've ever found in a comic?
4 4

193 posts in this topic

Found this today while bagging and boarding some beaters. Previous owner apparently not a fan of law enforcement. Could use some work on their joke phrasing here, though, maybe do it more like a Bazooka Joe zinger: "What do you get when you soak a cop in vinegar", something like that. 

IMG_9191.JPG

IMG_9192.JPG

That scene was her punching Hitler on a battlefield because we all know Hitler could often be found on a battlefield.

14 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Found this today while bagging and boarding some beaters. Previous owner apparently not a fan of law enforcement. Could use some work on their joke phrasing here, though, maybe do it more like a Bazooka Joe zinger: "What do you get when you soak a cop in vinegar", something like that. 

IMG_9191.JPGIMG_9192.JPG

Oh dear. 

11 hours ago, Bonthan said:

Well, I guess I lose in this thread. I was putting a big pull into fresh bags and boards, on my last few books I ran out of boards and was going through the grimy stack of old ones to find a few to use. As I was pulling one out of the bag I found an envelope that had $500 written on it. Sure enough, some wise guy thought it’d be a good idea to stash a small stack of hundreds in a bagged comic. I would’ve tossed it in the recycle if I hadn’t ran out of boards.

Nice story. Thank God it didn't say 'used condoms'.

14 hours ago, F For Fake said:

IMG_9192.JPG

and is that directions on how to do it at the top? lol :shy: tenor.gif?itemid=8173489

2 minutes ago, southern cross said:

I found compressed 47 year old caramel corn between the pages of an original collection and not just once in that collection.

And creepy ads 

Screenshot_20191111-153025.thumb.png.37a15c477068f726b422035d38dbd1c3.png

Only $29.85 for a threesome. Bargain. 

Recently found some cannabis both inside the bag and inside the book itself. Years ago I had gotten some nice early FF Silver Age books and they were slimy. I believe they had been in the bags so long that the bags started breaking down because the bags were extra slimy feeling. Have also found plenty of boogers and stuck together pages. 

I found possibly pizza sauce or tomato or blood it was red and faded and looked like a stain so ruled out marker... its the mystery stain lol 

8 minutes ago, Corona smith said:

Recently found some cannabis both inside the bag and inside the book itself. Years ago I had gotten some nice early FF Silver Age books and they were slimy. I believe they had been in the bags so long that the bags started breaking down because the bags were extra slimy feeling. Have also found plenty of boogers and stuck together pages. 

Ah yes, where the whole thread started... :cloud9:

On 5/13/2018 at 8:21 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

"Huge bogey on page 7. Doesn't affect story."

41 minutes ago, Corona smith said:

Obviously a 60s marvel book bought off the stands by a hippy 

Peace man till the 80s and now comics are expensive so I'll bag them up in bad for the environment plastic bags 👍

18 minutes ago, southern cross said:

Obviously a 60s marvel book bought off the stands by a hippy 

Peace man till the 80s and now comics are expensive so I'll bag them up in bad for the environment plastic bags 👍

It was actually a mid 2000s lot of Captain America. 

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

and is that directions on how to do it at the top? lol :shy: tenor.gif?itemid=8173489

i GUESS so, I was trying to figure that out myself. There's...a lot going on here ha