• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is the worst thing you've ever found in a comic?
4 4

193 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

Now the fun truly begins as the rest of the forum members try to come up with what the "ideal" book to have found such a "treasure" inside would be.

Maybe this one? Did Ronald write his name on the condom as well?

B.F. Goodrich Wonder Book of Rubber comic book

I once found something so horrific in a comic I cannot even state what it was but only hint at it in Lovecraftian fashion and say that it was something so awful and mind blastingly unexpected that I never told anyone about it and never will.

50 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

Now the fun truly begins as the rest of the forum members try to come up with what the "ideal" book to have found such a "treasure" inside would be.

As long as it's not a Hiedi Saha comic!O.o

54 minutes ago, kav said:

I once found something so horrific in a comic I cannot even state what it was but only hint at it in Lovecraftian fashion and say that it was something so awful and mind blastingly unexpected that I never told anyone about it and never will.

As someone with a very obsessive-compulsive mindset, I appreciate your reluctance.

The thread is already traumatising enough for me.

42 minutes ago, mackenzie999 said:

T R I G G E R   W A R N I N G

I once opened a comic and to my horror I found Frank Robbins' name in the credits. 

i almost posted that several times but it was too horrific.

On 5/29/2018 at 10:41 AM, seredynskib said:

I found dried up bloody ... in a copy of Marvel Team-Up. The thought of a ... from the 1970s gluing a couple of pages together made me feel sick to my stomach...:sick:

Would you have salvaged it had it been an AF15?

18 hours ago, TheFifthHorseman said:

Would you have salvaged it had it been an AF15?

It was issue 65 and I actually still finished reading it, except for those two pages and sent it in to CGC for grading since I wasn’t planning on reading it ever again. Came back mid-grade 5.5 if I remember correctly.

On 5/29/2018 at 10:41 AM, Bomber-Bob said:

Worst thing I ever encountered, mold. Trust me, if the book is moldy, toss it, immediately. Don't attempt to salvage it, don't even breathe around it, just toss it.

The owner of my favorite store once bought a stack of books that had black mold in a few of them. 

Edited by creaturefan95
war is hell