• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Stan Lee SS thread
3 3

22 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I have done many threads based on stan lee and his signings but I have never put all of it together, if it is a spider roach ASM 129 or a beautiful AF 15 signed beautifully in a perfect location with a perfect signature on a lower grade so it does not "ruin it" no matter what show it here this thread is for the stan lee lovers only, if you are against stan lee SS books don't post here (though some of your reasons are respectable) I will start with my one holy grail I have showed this book many times in the past but I am so proud of it so I just have to start this thread with it. "Nuff said" #WeLoveStanLee

IMG_0054.JPG

1 hour ago, grayzr said:

I have one, signed on the first page in pen. Clean, sharp and beautiful. Never been a fan of cover marker Sig's but a nice simple clean sig on the first page makes me  :cloud9:

But if slabbed, that splash page Lee signature will now be hidden from view for a while. Like if you were to swallow a 10 carat diamond and it got stuck somewhere in your kiester on the way out!  

rocco.gif

I keep forgetting I have a SL sig on page 16 of a certain comic: “For my good friend, sincerely Stan Lee.”  I don’t want to bother to send it to Florida so they can note it on the label. Perhaps o should but I should do a lot of things I don’t. 

Have 2

1st is death of Gwen (spoiler) signed by lee romita and Conway. I usually don’t like his sig on books he didn’t write but there’s so much history with him with this particular storyline that I felt it was ok and I bought the book with all 3.

the 2nd is my grail I’ll be looking to sell and upgrade someday hopefully soon. 

E2A7B377-2BAA-45AB-955D-C163DE94BB59.png

4A56E616-9666-4D07-BCE6-3E38D7AFBBD7.png

1 hour ago, Spyder! said:

Hey Aliens, looks like we have the same book!  ASM #3 is one of my 3 Stan Lee SS books.  Here you go!

awesome books, love that ASM 1 and who can say no to an ASM 3 great set (thumbsu

2 hours ago, jason4 said:

Have 2

1st is death of Gwen (spoiler) signed by lee romita and Conway. I usually don’t like his sig on books he didn’t write but there’s so much history with him with this particular storyline that I felt it was ok and I bought the book with all 3.

the 2nd is my grail I’ll be looking to sell and upgrade someday hopefully soon. 

i cant agree more with ASM 121, usually i would not like to own a book that he did not work on and still signed, it but 121 is a special exception, love the story of how mad stan got after he found out what they did :roflmao: 

Edited by Aliens

Wanted a Stan sign on a Pre-Silver Age, Sci-Fi book that he worked on and preferably had a Kirby cover, though Ditko would have been ok too. 

Needed to be an early, legible sig before things got all mushy and thick-sharpie. 

Ended up happily with this for less than Stan's signing costs. (even though it's a Buscema cover, cant complain!)

jYWU86Q.jpg

Edited by miraclemet

11 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

But if slabbed, that splash page Lee signature will now be hidden from view for a while. Like if you were to swallow a 10 carat diamond and it got stuck somewhere in your kiester on the way out!  

rocco.gif

The problem with cover Sig's is unless you get to designate exactly where he puts it it could permanently ruin a book as we have all seen before. Also as long as I know it's there it's good enough for me. Not sure when the cover signing craze became such a big deal. Back in the day people mostly got first pages signed.

10 minutes ago, miraclemet said:

Wanted a Stan sign on a Pre-Silver Age, Sci-Fi book that he worked on and preferably had a Kirby cover, though Ditko would have been ok too. 

Needed to be an early, legible sig before things got all mushy and thick-sharpie. 

Ended up happily with this for less than Stan's signing costs. (even though it's a Buscema cover, cant complain!)

jYWU86Q.jpg

did stan work on this one? he is not mentioned on the label

My first CGC book ever, got it signed at SVCC. (It was one of the first he signed on the first day, before the pictures and stories started coming out of that appearance.)

I’m pretty happy with it, and as a side note I’m pleasantly surprised where it graded at, I bought it a few years ago thinking it was around a 3.0, I love how it presents in the holder. It’s been well read and loved, and I love the look on it.

DC961B84-E397-4C12-90C3-009A5966E1D7.jpeg