• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Margot Kidder (Lois Lane) passes away

25 posts in this topic

http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/05/14/margot-kidder-dies-superman-lois-lane-actress/

Lois Lane Actress Margot Kidder Passes Away

By JOSEPH SCHMIDT - May 14, 2018

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Actress Margot Kidder passed away on Sunday, according to a report from TMZ. She is survived by her daughter Maggie McGuane.

Kidder played Lois Lane in the original Superman: The Movie released in 1978, starring alongside Christopher Reeve, and its subsequent sequels.

The report states that Kidder passed away at her home in Montana at the age of 69, though the cause of death is still unknown.

Though Kidder is recognized for her role as Lois Lane in the original Superman series of films, she had a prosperous acting career.

She starred as Kathy Lutz in the successful horror film The Amityville Horror. She also appeared alongside Reeve in the small-screen Superman adaptation Smallville as Bridgette Crosby.

Kidder appeared on Broadway in a production of The *spoon* Monologues in 2002, and has had roles on television series such as The L Word and Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.

The actress won an Emmy award in 2015 for Outstanding Performer in Children’s Programming for her role in R.L. Stine’s The Haunting Hour.

Kidder has been open about her struggles with bipolar disorder and became an advocate for mental health. She spoke about her recent routines with Hey U Guys in 2016 while discussing the possibilities of appearing in DC Comics-based TV shows.

"I am an old broad now!" Kidder said. "So I look back at this with much more amusement than I did. I don’t have a career I need to worry about protecting. My life has nothing to do with movies anymore. I live in a little town in Montana and basically do political activism."

Kidder was born on October 17, 1948, in the Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, Canada. She became a naturalized U.S. citizen in 2005.

1COMMENTS

Our thoughts go out to Kidder's friends and family at this time.

1 hour ago, Larryw7 said:

This one hurts. The Superman movies we're a big part of my childhood. Margot was an unconventional choice for the role of Lois Lane, but she was really memorable in the role. God rest her soul.

+1 to all!

1 hour ago, Larryw7 said:

This one hurts. The Superman movies we're a big part of my childhood. Margot was an unconventional choice for the role of Lois Lane, but she was really memorable in the role. God rest her soul.

Mine too.  My son's middle name is Christopher and Mr Reeve was a big part of that.  The chemistry they had was unbelievable.  To me they were and will always be Superman and Lois Lane.  

I was going to get to meet her on Friday at Motor City.  I'm not a big autograph guy but I was very excited about this one and my wife was helping me find things to get signed this weekend.  I know it is selfish as the real tragedy is for her family and loved ones, but I am seriously crushed right now.  

RIP Margot.  You will be missed. 

3 hours ago, Larryw7 said:

Christopher reeves Margot kidder may you rest in peace Huge part of my childhood :frown: