• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone identify this coverless book with Hedy De Vine? Solved Comedy Comics v2 #3
1 1

26 posts in this topic

56 minutes ago, JB123 said:

Thank you so much. I have another one that has me stumped?

15265023215021187958963.jpg

You need to go over to the "Grand Comic Database" and simply punch in one of the story titles in the comic.  The story title to the comic you show is covered by the sticker so I couldn't make out the 2nd word.

Nice thought but that particular issue is not listed with titles of stories. Neither is this one. They are not uploaded to comicbookplus either. I use the database daily for this but these have me stumped? Any help on the second one?

4 hours ago, JB123 said:

Nice thought but that particular issue is not listed with titles of stories. Neither is this one. They are not uploaded to comicbookplus either. I use the database daily for this but these have me stumped? Any help on the second one?

I wish I could help on that issue but it doesn't appear that I have it.  I have about 75% of the Wilbur books but not that one

On 5/16/2018 at 9:33 PM, lotemo said:

I wish I could help on that issue but it doesn't appear that I have it.  I have about 75% of the Wilbur books but not that one

Let's narrow the field for JB123 then.... There are only 90 total Wilburs.  You have about 75% of all Wilburs.  That's about 68 Wilburs that you have, which leaves 22 Wilburs that you don't have.  So give JB123 the list of the 22 Wilburs that you don't have and he can check the GCD to eliminate at least a handful of those 22 (the GCD does have content listings for many Wilburs).

JB123, once you identify it, make sure you update the GCD

On 5/18/2018 at 7:15 AM, gadzukes said:

Let's narrow the field for JB123 then.... There are only 90 total Wilburs.  You have about 75% of all Wilburs.  That's about 68 Wilburs that you have, which leaves 22 Wilburs that you don't have.  So give JB123 the list of the 22 Wilburs that you don't have and he can check the GCD to eliminate at least a handful of those 22 (the GCD does have content listings for many Wilburs).

JB123, once you identify it, make sure you update the GCD

The issues I don't have are numbers 20, 29. 30. 35, 39, 40, 44-46, 48, 50, 53-56, 58, 59, 62, 73, 77, 81, 82.  The format switches from 48 to 32 pages before issue 47 so the page count would help.  In #52, the indicia is inside the front cover.  In #57 it's on the first page so your issue is definitely lower than #57.  It's most likely in one of the issues I'm missing in the 40's and 50's range of the series.

I've been trying to help. Love a good mystery.  I checked all of the obvious places to look, even did a Google image search of the photo.  Google said that it is obviously a comic book. :roflmao:

If the Wilbur sellers on Ebay would include a few scans of the inside pages...   

47 minutes ago, JB123 said:

I have another issue........ Boy illustories 64

A normal 52 pager

My copy is 36 pages and is missing info on cover balloons?

What the? Any help?

1526851638707202446688.jpg

It appears to be the Canadian edition.  Look at the GCD, they have cover scans of both the US edition and Canadian the Canadian is missing the text on the cover.  It is not indexed like the US edition but does have the page count as 36 pages.

https://www.comics.org/issue/870757/#1431827