• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC's DOOM PATROL on HBO Max

180 posts in this topic

I watched the first episode this weekend using the free 7 day trial on the DC Universe app. I thought it was excellent, and quite honestly one of the best comic-related TV shows I’ve ever seen. I wasn’t that interested in the Doom Patrol comics before, but now I’m definitely interested in going back and reading some of it if it’s anything like the TV show.

The trailer for this looks amazing.  I mostly have the same disappointment here that I did with the new Star Trek series--I have no current intention to subscribe to a monthly service just for one show.  So I guess I won't be seeing this for awhile.  :mad:

12 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

The trailer for this looks amazing.  I mostly have the same disappointment here that I did with the new Star Trek series--I have no current intention to subscribe to a monthly service just for one show.  So I guess I won't be seeing this for awhile.  :mad:

I know last week the DC app had a free 7 day trial period where you cold access everything in the app (all the comics/movies/shows), that's what I did to watch the first episode.

On 2/26/2019 at 4:54 PM, Key Largo Comics said:

This show is super weird and fun. I'm liking it quite a bit.

Is any of this tv series based on Grant Morrison's writing at all from Doom Patrol volume 2? (:

Doom Patrol Episode 4 was continued fun nuttiness. I had no idea who Willoughby Kipling (Mark Sheppard) was until I read he comes straight from the Grant Morrison stories when he was denied use of John Constantine.

Cyborg actually utilized a sonic cannon, which was a really cool special effect. I really like this show.

Episode 5 looks just as nuts.